Weekly Post 28.05. - 03.06.2017

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Oh my almost June already! I am no where near where i wanted to be weight wise, but I've been feeling differently. I finally think the 'loving yourself' is sinking in. I'm seeing me in the mirror more and more as I am and not as I was. It's taken 3 yrs! I'm very happy with these mental and emotional changes.

Been out and about as my pics an. Off to the lake or river today to go swimming and relax. Beautiful weather must be celebrated!

Fasting tomorrow. Have a great Sunday!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @flumi_f Glad you are feeling better about yourself! Enjoy the lovely weather! It is gorgeous here, too. I spent a long time outside this morning putting the finishing touches on a quilt top. Now to sandwich it together and start quilting!
    In fasting related news, I am down another half pound which makes 5 lost since my all-time high in April. Now that school is out I should be able to lose more than during the school year.
    I am planning on Monday and Thursday fasts, but that might change to Tuesday and Friday if we end up doing something for the holiday weekend.
    Happy fasting to you all!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi All!

Beautiful pics Flumi! Thanks for sharing! :D
    All is good here. No complaints for the most part!
    Here in the Northeast USA it has been on the cooler side and a little more rainy than usual for the past few months. We had a holiday yesterday (Monday) and it was quite cool and rainy for the first official weekend of summer. Boo...
    Boyfriend and I had a good weekend. We went out and had some yummy food over the weekend. Went to the gym Saturday, Sunday, and Monday which was nice! Got together with friends on Sunday - they came to us from NY and we had some yummy pizzas and beers and got outside for a bit.
    Yesterday was a light day. Felt strange not being at work for it, but it was nice to be able to get up, have some coffee, go to the gym, and then come home and have lunch and not feel rushed or on a time schedule. All and all a good day.
    Yesterday was pretty cool and rainy most of the day. Not a good day for Memorial Day BBQ's or anything. Lots of stores were busy yesterday. We did some shopping towards the end of the day.
    Last night I made a recipe for us, for a non light day dinner. I like to prep stuff for the week since we go to the gym after work and I find it easiest to reheat something when we got home. I found it on Pinterest but when I calculate the calories it comes up as pretty low. (Low 200's). Thought I'd share it, in case you guys are interested... Note, I purchased a very large squash, and used a full can of chickpeas, so the ingredients are pretty spread out, that is how I arrived at my lower number. I have quite a few more servings then what the dish calls for.

https://www.loveandlemons.com/roasted-spaghetti-squash-w-chickpeas-kale/

Today I am a little up on the scale again, but we did a fair amount of eating over the weekend. I am pretty sure it's water and it will come off again soon. I am getting used to this. LOL Hoping soon to be down lower than last Friday's weight. That would be awesome!
    Check in with you all soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Fasted today... is it bedtime? I am hangry. I have already planned my breakfast lunch and dinner for tomorrow. I think I will go start sewing something so I stop thinking about food. I hope you all are having fantastic weeks!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Omg I've already been asleep....Now woke up from craving something... so I reluctantly toasted my son's pop tarts ( yes, I'm a terrible mother buying her son pop tarts!) but I had two and now I just don't care... how do I get rid of the "I don't care" feeling????? I'll check in tomorrow and hope this was all a dream..............
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Ugh, I hate that hangry feeling and the midnight munchies. We are only human.
    I am dealing with a silly increase on the scale again and this time I can't figure out why... My weight was lower Tuesday morning and higher Wednesday morning and I ate pretty darn healthy yesterday. You would think closer to the weekend it would be higher!? I guess what I need to do going forward is just ONLY weigh in the two mornings after light days - Tuesday mornings and Friday mornings and that's it! Because otherwise I am going to start pulling out my hair! :s
    Bah.
    Guess I better start drinking some water now. Sigh. I'll check in again later.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I only weigh once a week for that exact reason. Always on Sunday morning before I eat or drink anything (also with a lack of clothes). If I do any more than that I get a bit obsessed with the daily fluctuations and if I do less, I get a little lax thinking I have time to make up for my bad choices. Just my two cents on the whole thing.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Stupid thing posted before I was done!
    @mamainthekitchen Pop tarts are awesome! A bit of a calorie bomb, but still yummy. The other day I scarfed two Hostess cupcakes and I didn't care. Just adjust accordingly and move on.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ahhhhhhh! Well, I'm moving on from last nights hilarious romp in the kitchen! I hadn't had a poptart in years! Buying them for my son is different, they're his treat, but I don't know, woke up got the usual glass of water and next thing you know I was toasting the blueberry pop tarts! I was waiting for someone to smell them and catch me!!! Thanks Kate, I'm moving!!! :#

Meghan, have you tried taking measurements? I don't weigh myself at all because of that obsessed feeling I would get... and had gotten! Try waist measurements only once a month.

Also I loved that recipe!!!! Really wish my husband was more willing to try these types of foods! My daughter would, minus the chick peas and kale **sigh**

Pouring rain here... I should have been making soup! Have a good evening evening everyone!

• Meghan509
    Options
    Hi All!

Thank you for your comments regarding my weight fluctuations - they are much appreciated!!

Kate, I like your advice - once a week for a weigh in. I could maybe start weighing in only on Friday mornings - after my two light days to see how the week went. I guess by doing this with my guy and seeing him weigh in more I like to do the same. For some strange reason he is also seeing scale flucations. Only the second time that's happened to him on this WOE!

Mama, Good point on measurements. I have been lazy in that area. I own a good tape measure too but just have not dragged it out. I have been going by clothing. Which is cool because most of my size 12 pants are fitting again, (only a few exceptions). Today's size 14's feel much looser and are much more flattering! LOL Funny thing is even though I have these scale fluctuations I never feel any different or bloated, etc. Everything always feels the same.

Glad you liked the recipe!! We had it for dinner last night and it was yummy! I am lucky that my guy will pretty much eat anything I put in front of him. :smiley: We could totally have that as a light dinner because with my calculations it came in at just over 200. Crazy...

No gym for us tonight. I have a much needed haircut and highlights scheduled for tonight after work. Hoping to get to the beach on Saturday. The weather here is sunny today and supposed to be nice on Saturday. Rain returning Sunday - Wednesday. Ugh. So much rain for the northeast this year!

Have a good one and I'll check in again soon!
  • katiekabootle
    katiekabootle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Back on April 26th I set a mini-goal to lose 15lbs by June 26th.

It's June 1st now, and I am pleased to say that sticking to 5:2 and my workout regimen has kept me on a steady path and I am 5lbs away from achieving my goal! :)

I am going to harness the excitement of my progress and the "fresh start feeling" of the beginning of the month to BRING IT!! LET'S GO!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @katiekabootle CONGRATULATIONS! You can make the last little push!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all...

Congratulations Katie! way to go! Great news. ;)

I wish I was in a happier mood today. I had what I thought was a good week. Hit the gym every day this week, Sunday through Thursday. My hairdresser cancelled on me last night, so my appointment got moved to Thursday of next week. Went to the gym last night. Had two good light days Monday and Thursday. Ate pretty low key on non light days and last weekend. Hopped on the scale this AM and I am up a few pounds. :'(

Back to the drawing board for me. Time to shake things up. Definitely going to keep your advice of only weighing in once per week - for me it will be Friday mornings. Going to shake up light days a little. Mix up veggies and try some new recipes. My guy does this with me, and he is losing fine.

Also going to ditch my morning oatmeal that I have been having on non-light days. I had been trying to get my fiber in but I think ultimately my body is reacting negatively to too many carbs. I don't know but something has to give. Going to also ditch the cheese stick that I have been eating with my lunch on non-light days and stick with fruit or some cut up veggies if hungry.

Going to try and listen to my body a little more. Since I am not really hungry in the AM I am going to wait until I feel hungry to eat a yogurt or a piece of fruit and then have lunch and go from there.

If anyone has any advice on how they approach non-light days feel free to shout it out. I am all ears. :)

Have a good one. I'll check in soon.

• KateNkognito
    Options
    Hormones. Hormones stink. I am bloated and starving and cranky. Got on the scale a day early just to encourage myself to fast today and I am up 3 pounds. Grr! *stomps off to go clean something so she doesn't gnaw someone's arm off*
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ohhh Kate! Lol...... :* just know you're healthy for having a period! It will stop when you're old like me (57) well, kinda old... anyway.... Get off that scale!! Put it in a closet for a couple of months, you've been doing really well lately so remember that. A couple of pounds of hormonal water weight is sooooo normal! If you don't watch your sodium intake i.e.: canned items, soy sauced stuff, club sodas etc.... then really reduce those items because those are the worse! I'm in menopause now but as soon as I stopped drinking club soda (which I had every single day) I lost several pounds alone just from that!

Enjoy your Saturday!!!!!! <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Thanks @mamainthekitchen! I am somewhat recovered from my rage, although I didn't fast today. I know that every three weeks I am going to be up a little. (Yes, every three weeks.)
    I am just a little frustrated at how slowly I am losing compared to two years ago. Pretty sure my hormones are changing with age.
    And btw 57 is STILL YOUNG!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm in maintenance now and I think I finally have this TDEE thing figured out, I was getting confused when people were telling me I could eat back my calories...Well yes I can if I'm using the MFP calculator but I'm using the 5:2 calculator and that one already has my exercise calories figured in :smile:

I lost a pound this week because I did 4:3 so next week I'm doing 5:2
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just want to say my favorite thing about 5:2 is giving my body a break from food long enough to actually feel lighter. I've been lifting heavy 3-4 times a week and also taking up running/walking 3-4 times a week. Even though feeling hungry sometimes is hard the breaks from eating give a huge boost of mental energy which is fantastic! And on light days I am starting to see my abs which is pretty cool.
    I love reading about every one else's journeys, sometimes tough but the only way to progress is to never quit! Keep up the great work everyone.