Low carb and pregnancy

Options
stacicali
stacicali Posts: 137 Member
A weird but wonderful day today - discovered that I'm pregnant! Does anyone have any experience or advice for LC while preggo? It will be a few days before I can get to the dr, but I'm thinking 100 g of carbs per day should be reasonable?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I don't have any experience but there is a group on Facebook you might really like.
    Keto baby gains
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)

I don't believe there is a minimum carb count for pregnancy. Even zero carb is fine. I would say to just keep doing whatever your body is used to doing.

I'm a bit jealous... I so wish that I had been low carb while pregnant. It would have minimized weight gain and perhaps affected my children's present diets and health. Good for you! :)
  • nfgchick1979
    nfgchick1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was low carb when pregnant because I had gestational diabetes. I got in an argument with the diabetes nutritionist because she wanted me to eat more carbs than I was already consuming and it was ridiculous. I ate my normal low carb way (even a little lower than normal) and my #s were perfect, didn't have to go on insulin and my doctor was thrilled. He told me to ignore the nutritionist. As an aside I had no risk factors for GD, it just happened. But anyway, I'd say low carb is totally fine when pregnant.