bad morning at work

Options
IzzyBooNZ1
IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
So it is 10.18 am where I am and I have made some mistakes at work, I am feeling super down. I want to buy chips, a pepsi max, or buy something (not food) that I probably don't need and can't afford . Ugh feeling down and I want to run away and hide. Go home and cuddle my dogs but I am stuck here til 3.30pm. I feel embarrassed, useless, stupid and I just want to feel better.

So far I am resisting. Hard when there is a supermarket 2 min walk from work.

Replies

• sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Issues at work are the main reason I gained back the weight after losing about 50 pounds of it. If I could do it over again, I'd remind myself that giving my workplace control over my health is never, ever worth it.

I'm too late to offer support in the moment, I know, but I hope your day got better. <3
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I hope you found a way to hold out until you got home to those dogs.
  • sporangia
    sporangia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and remember that in a day, week, month, or year from now, you probably won't remember this day. It is insignificant in your life.
  • mell_m_m
    mell_m_m Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »
    So it is 10.18 am where I am and I have made some mistakes at work, I am feeling super down. I want to buy chips, a pepsi max, or buy something (not food) that I probably don't need and can't afford . Ugh feeling down and I want to run away and hide. Go home and cuddle my dogs but I am stuck here til 3.30pm. I feel embarrassed, useless, stupid and I just want to feel better.

IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »

Everyone makes mistakes and we all hate them. But making mistakes gives makes us human and we always learn from them. Try to shrug it off and say 'I made a mistake' it's over I'll get it next time. Then leave it. It's in the past.
  • ront1960
    ront1960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry and I do understand the struggle. We have a cabinet full of snacks and goodies here at work and I would KILL for a package of cookies right now myself (I did eat a banana). If you can, get up and take a short walk (not to the supermarket, lol). Sounds like you are doing a good job at fighting it though. Keep it up and good luck to you. We have faith in you and you can get through this.
  • lisaleebryan
    lisaleebryan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to eat my arm today!
    I decided to try to chug a liter of water, still hungry and craving junk. I chewed gum, that helped a bit, made a goal at the beginning of the week to write my feelings when craving junk...I am tired and bored.
    I do have a busy job but I am going to walk around the block at work --haven't been getting my workouts in, and something is better than nothing, (it is about a 12 min brisk walk), will try to get 2 laps in before I get paged. The candy then will be in someone else's stomach and I will feel better! and, going!!
  • frenchmoca
    frenchmoca Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This was me today. It's been super hectic and stressful at work. Unfortunately, I gave in to the temptation and had a bag of chips and some pb cookies, then Panda for dinner.