More Steps

Options
MzLucky1
MzLucky1 Posts: 15 Member
Looking for ways to get to 10k steps daily!

Replies

• EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I would only get it when I did house work all day, never sat down to watch tv (typically I would take a lunch break and eat while watching tv).... and would also go take a 45 min walk. I have a friend who put the tv in her work out room. If she wants to watch tv, she has to do so from the treadmill! I have another friend who does three 15 minutes walks after each meal.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    At the risk of oversimplifying, get up and move.
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I need to take 2 walks a day typically around 40 - 45 min each to get my steps in, even on my work out days, which is strength classes with weights, I still need to walk 2 times. If I'm doing house or yard work then maybe one walk will get me to my step goal. I do things like park further from the entrance of where ever I'm going and take the stairs to get more steps. I sit at a desk at work so I'll get up and move a around the building once in a while.

One thing that's frustrating to me about my Fitbit, is my stride is long so I get fewer steps for the same walk my hubby takes. It also records the distance wrong for the same reason. Regardless, it does push me to move more and to get my steps in each day.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Before I got plantar fasciitis, I used to walk 4 to 5 km every morning, first thing. I was always over 10,000 steps by the end of the day. Depending how fast you walk, that's only about an hour. I made it part of my routine, an hour or so every morning for walking.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I run more than 20 miles per week and there are still days I don't get 10K steps. I only get that high on the days I run >5 miles or if I go hiking.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/14-day-plan-walk-steps/

My official brownie points for the day. B)

>:) or o:)
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I got a headset for my phone at work and pace whenever I am on the phone.

Walking my dog.

Using earbuds when I'm on my cell and walk while I talk.

Drink water from smaller cups at work so I have to get up more frequently (both to get more and to, um, get rid of what I have already had.

I also go for a walk at lunch which also serves to get me at least 20 minutes of midday sun which helps with sleep. Additionally, it helps with BG control.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    One thing that's frustrating to me about my Fitbit, is my stride is long so I get fewer steps for the same walk my hubby takes.

@PaulaJSchiller you can adjust your stride in fitbit...
    http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1135

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference in the steps my two phones show for the same trip on my body..... My Android personal phone is only around 60% of my patrol iPhone. Strange.... Maybe I'll buy an iPhone next time and 'increase my exercise' lol.