Check-in: How's Food Logging Going?

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Food logging for the week....Started really strong, but by Friday/Saturday, I really didn't track; I was just tired and exhausted and didn't have the energy to keep going on those days...and it showed on the scale unfortunately so back at it today and hoping to do better this week...
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The decision to write down what I eat fairly soon after, or even before actually eating, has already had an affect on my eating :) . This week I've passed up some extra goodies when I didn't want to see it written down :laugh:, and added something extra to a salad meal when I noticed that I really needed to eat more at that meal.

If keeping the paper/ pencil log doesn't help me in the way I hope that it will (at least for now) then I will start back to MFP logging. But because of my current ongoing computer issues, as well as the realization of how much time I tend to sit at the computer, I am actually hopeful that using my pencil and notebook will help me be aware of what I am eating or need to eat more of.

I shall reevaluate again after some time passes, but for now it has helped me this past week. And that is a good start, for which I am grateful.

Thank you for this past week's challenge! :flowerforyou:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Food logging for the week....Started really strong, but by Friday/Saturday, I really didn't track; I was just tired and exhausted and didn't have the energy to keep going on those days...and it showed on the scale unfortunately so back at it today and hoping to do better this week...

I sure understand how fatigue can derail plans. Good job getting right back at it!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    I have been really slacking off at this. I need to hop back on the wagon today. Work is crazy busy and I have been doing my usual emotional eating and for some stupid reason, in my brain if I don't track it, it didn't happen. Problem is, my hips say otherwise! Getting back on the right track today and no more letting my wellness journey slide because of work. My health is more important!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    LOL not logging so it doesn't count.hmm I like that one but unfortunately it bites. LOL I need to be more accurate in my logging. I've be3en doing a bit too much eyeballing instead of actually measuring an that too makes a big difference. At least my eyeballing. LOL
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I have been really slacking off at this. I need to hop back on the wagon today. Work is crazy busy and I have been doing my usual emotional eating and for some stupid reason, in my brain if I don't track it, it didn't happen. Problem is, my hips say otherwise! Getting back on the right track today and no more letting my wellness journey slide because of work. My health is more important!

@OConnell5483, I understand this! I fall into the same trap of thinking that if I don't write it down, it didn't happen. It's silly and ridiculous of course. But it happens and that's why food logging is important to me.