Replies

• CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My June challenge:
    As @bluets2011 stated:
    bluets2011 wrote: »
    keep all the changes I've made in the last month
    Expand my food choices by adding new recipes and CHEESE (maybe...lol)
    Start exercising regularly- I think I'll get into Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (now that my right heel has had time to heal)
    Track weight and measurements
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Well I woke up with what appears to be a pulled muscle in my left ribcage so that's not how I want to Jump into June but here we are! lol...so onto goals:

1.Continue maintaining weight
    2.Exercise regularly...last month I focused on Hammer & Chisel for resistance but this month I think I'm doing mostly 22 Minute Hard Corp which is more circuit training. Also of course trail runs.
    3. Continue home overhaul.
    4. Do more outdoorsy stuff
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I set up an old tv and dvd player in my son's room after he moved out but it had no curtains so I never used it for working out. Picking up my new curtains today and jumping back into morning workouts tomorrow.

Also jumping back into using my fitbit now that I fixed my home computer issues and got it synced. Aiming for 6000 steps most days and 9000 when I take kickboxing classes.

Lastly I'm helping a friend jump back into healthy habits now that she is recovered from knee surgery. Starting with a walk in the park, bringing her dog with us.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,951 Member
    Options
    Hello all! New to myfitnesspal but not new to the low carb life. My goal for this month is to keep being active and exercise. And get my boys outside more and off these stupid games lol. Love reading all these goals!

The Battle of the Screens is REAL! ARGHH!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,951 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to do with myself. Just keep on being the harda$$ I've been trying to be as of late? Working out every day. Strength 3x a week, walks, cardio, or HIIT on the other days. I'd like to up my weights, but I have a ceiling I can't break. And it's dumb but DH refuses to let me get heavier dumbbells or KBs. I'll just have to do more reps when I get there. *insert epic eyeroll* "You're gonna get all bulky." PWAHAHAHAAA! He's super intelligent, but I think it's a mental block. Maybe he just doesn't want me to get stronger than him. I have up to a 30lb KB, so if push comes to shove I can do single-arm work with it, but that things is God-awful awkward. And of course I can put multiples of them in a backpack for leg work. But I like to follow videos, it's easy and keeps me compliant. I get bored with things easily. I have a set of heavier adjustable dumbells picked out for when he changes his mind.
  • Frikta
    Frikta Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm restarting keto today. My goals are: workout 3x week, stay under 20 carbs, and drink 2 liters water every day. Even if I make mistakes I will keto on. Here goes nothing...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Good luck @TrixaW! Be sure to read the info in "The Launch Pad" if you haven't already. Especially the info about increasing sodium (unless you have a medical reason not to in which case you might want to re-think keto). Eating very low carb results considerable water loss from the body and electrolytes go with water loss so there is need to replenish sodium to keep electrolytes balanced. No need to experience "keto flu". Add some salt to that 2 liters of water.

Not sure yet what I'll be doing for June in addition to step-jacks but geesh, I need to start moving again. Is it June 1 already?
  • Frikta
    Frikta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Good luck @TrixaW! Be sure to read the info in "The Launch Pad" if you haven't already. Especially the info about increasing sodium (unless you have a medical reason not to in which case you might want to re-think keto). Eating very low carb results considerable water loss from the body and electrolytes go with water loss so there is need to replenish sodium to keep electrolytes balanced. No need to experience "keto flu". Add some salt to that 2 liters of water.

Not sure yet what I'll be doing for June in addition to step-jacks but geesh, I need to start moving again. Is it June 1 already?

Thanks for the tip! I've got "no salt", Himalayan pink salt, and magnesium tabs. For now, I like pink salt added to Crystal light. When I get paid I'll look into the lemon/lime packets for keto-rade.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »
    My jump in for June ..... Jump back on that waggon! I fell off a long time ago, now is the time to get back to it.

My goal for June is consistent logging....I will look at numbers next month

Love it!! I'm totally copying this!! I'd love to be back on the wagon buddies!

I'm using the two concerts I'm going to this summer as incentive. Sylvan Esso on the 14th of this month...So June is totally my back on track kickstarter.

Beck is August 16th...My goal is to be under 200lbs by then (currently back up to 212)...My ex is gonna be there, so that's all the more reason to keep it together in case I run into him.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Workouts are not my problem.

My June goal will be keto every day, not taking any weekends off. I'm still recovering from Memorial Day weekend eating and drinking.

Edited to add: My hardest goal for June - Stay off the scale. I'm not weighing myself again until July 1.

Heh, that's how I've been, and I was way off plan on Memorial Day too.

I'm going to weigh on Saturday and not again 'til the end of the month.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to copy the no weigh in goal this month too. I'll weigh tomorrow and then put the scale away until July.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    making it through the camping trip with no 'cheats' and still on plan.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    Stay on plan.
    Stay in a state of measurable ketosis (blood ketones) - in this i know my glucose is in control.
    Start walking again so i can finish this damn 28hr audiobook i downloaded....in my lifetime.
    Take my meds and supps consistently. Funny thing about brain fog....you forget stuff. Now where was I...... :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    No food tracking for the month. :)
    11,153 steps.
    50 step jacks
    50 kick backs
    50 half squat walks
    25 half wipers
    Finished the rock wall in the garden and moved some plants around. :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Stayed on track today. Some cravings, but not too bad. Cheat type foods are not in the house, and that makes it easier.
    Trying to think of this challenge for June, but also trying to use the summer as a longer term rehab of the future lifestyle.
    Including, weight loss to goal, establishing maintenance and a workable activity routine.
    I'm backing off of social things a bit for now, while I give myself time to regroup and start feeling better about myself again, and getting back to my daily habits and hobbies that seem to fall by the wayside when I get in a relationship. Then, in the fall try going out again.
    But for June, it's all about getting back on track with keto and weight loss.
    Really that is what I want the most right now. To be able to trust in myself and my choices again, instead of flapping along in the wind at the beck and call of my exaggerated emotional machinations.
    Sick of that.
    Very happy today went as planned.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    6/2: Trail run
This discussion has been closed.