Avacado brownies... you asked, I baked!

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
So I'm baking those brownies! I made a half batch and put them in a muffin tin. I'll let you know how they are after dinner.
I followed the recipe exactly! The first thing I have to say is: WTFH!! Why would my kitchen aid or hand mixer not be ok?!?! Why use the food processor? All that did was make getting the mixture out extremely difficult (and dangerous)! Oh, and in the recipe, it starts by melting the chocolate and coconut oil together first. Do that last! Put all the ingredients (don't use a cold avacado! Room temp only!) in the bowl first, then mixed till combined. THEN melt the chocolate and oil, turn the mixer on and dump the melted chocolate in. If you do it the other way around, it gets cold and hard and doesn't mix well. It stuck to the bottom of my processor and got up under the blade and hardened.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Oh yay!! Let us know how they taste?
  • EryOaker
    Options
    lte7y07qpqkb.jpg
    71aln5dv6hm4.jpg
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    I kinda want you to adopt me. I'll clean my room and take out the trash, I promise.

lol well, since you put it that way!
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    And how do they taste?
  • EryOaker
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet. I stole a piece as they are out of the oven and the flavor was so avocado-intense that I nearly gagged. And I actually like avocado... maybe just not in my brownies? Some things are better when they've completely cooled off (like cheesecake), so I decided to let them set over night and I'll try them once I'm in my eating window. I do have to say that the raw batter was delicious though. So, I'm hopeful! I'm also going to try to make a frosting for them. I'll update later!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    And how do they taste?
    @food_lover16 I just posted a full review in a new thread. Check it out. But basically the texture is great but they aren't my personal cup of tea because the strong avocado flavor is off putting.