Summer 2017 - Introductions

Options

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Name: Destiny
    Height: 5ft 6.5 in
    Current Weight: 246.6 lbs (started at 271 mid-February)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 226 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 160 lbs
    Goals: Staying active this summer and finding ways to be social with my friends and still stay on track nutrition wise so that I can hit my weight loss goals.

My Motivation: Last year I plateaued at 245 (think because I was eating too few calories) and then was all over the place trying to figure out why and regained. I finally got my BMR/TDEE tested and know my daily calorie goals, so ready to lose "new weight" under 245 and downwards!

Hi Destiny, I increased my calorie intake by 200 and I am much better in terms on being satisfied. I wanted to enjoy more peanut butter, and smoothies and yogurt :smile: You will lose your 'new' weight with a deficit and your activity this summer. Welcome to our group!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    tremenza wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Thanks for the add :)
    Really looking forward to the next 12 weeks!
    Name: Lauren
    Height 5'6
    Current weight: 188lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 168
    Goal weight: 145

Goals & motivation:I really need to start taking care of myself over the last year I've gained 20lbs at least, I have a few health problems cropping up (hypothyroidism, rosacea, joint pain, chronic inflammation on blood results depression, high blood pressure for the 1st time I'm always on the low side) These health issues are beginning to scare me so I want to get on with loosing weight as I think half of my issues are due to not looking after myself physically or mentally. I just feel rubbish

Hi Lauren, HBP is no joke. I know first hand with MANY MANY family members. We've go to get that down. It is scary. Don't feel defeated though. Be active in our group, ask questions, ask for advice and make some friends in the interim.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    jmb6739 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, very glad to find this group, thanks for letting me join!

Name: Jen
    Height: 5'8"
    Current weight: 195
    Challenge goal weight: 185
    Goal weight: 170 (?)
    Goals: Keep focused during the summer, when it's very easy to get off track (too much fun at the lake house). Keep up with my weight lifting, strengthen my hips, gluts and lower abs.
    Motivation: Currently I'm in PT because my knee caps aren't tracking properly, (due to weakness in my hips, gluts and lower abs), and I'd really really like to get to pain free. I also lost 30 pounds last year, then took a break and maintained (actually maintained, yeah!), now I'm ready to lose the next 30 to 40. I'm already down 10, so I'm making the right progress!

Hi Jen and welcome! Congrats on your 10 lbs down. We look forward to interacting with you.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    ktoos wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm so glad to have this group to keep me motivated this summer.

I'm 8 weeks out from my second left ACL repair :( My first one 2010 skiing, this time while playing USTA tennis.... I tore it in Jan and couldn't ski/play tennis so I lost a lot of cardio and despite weight training the weight crept on at a 1lb/month. Last month was just pure rehab and now I'm back on the bike and elliptical!! Rehab of a second ACL is now a 9 month project....I think a group would be a fun thing to try and keep me from getting discouraged.

Name:Laurie
    Height: 5ft 2in
    Current Weight: 118 -121lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 110-113 (my weight usually easily fluctuates 3lbs)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 108-111
    Goals: Rehab left knee and be in "kick-*kitten*" shape for my 50th birthday (Nov) and ready to hit the slopes (Dec) and back playing tennis/USTA (Jan)

My Motivation: Never tear my ACL again!! Working on strength, hip alignment, balance. Lose the weight I've gained from losing all my cardio workouts so that I don't have the "matronly middle age waist" and my clothes fit. Skiing, tennis, mountain biking, hiking with family and friends!!

Hi Laurie, sorry about your ACL. That's unfortunate but the good news in you will heal in time. OH MY, fifty and FABULOUS here you come!!!!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    kljames02 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I am so excited to be a part of this group. I have been looking from something to keep me motivated for the summer. Here is my introduction:

Name: Kourtney
    Height: 5ft 5in
    Current Weight: 178.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 163.8 lbs (1.25 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135 lbs
    Goals: For the month of June, I would like to be consistent in the following: 1) walk 30 minutes per day, 2) drink a gallon of water per day, 3) strength train 3 times per week, and 4) eat a paleo diet 80% of the time.
    My Motivation: health, body confidence, the ability to be able wear anything I want

Hello Kourtney! I too need to drink more water...GOOD GOAL! Confidence is a great motivator. Good luck to you :smiley:
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Name: Kate
    Height: 5'5"
    Current Weight: 179
    Challenge Goal Weight: 168
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140-150

Goals: I've been meeting with a personal trainer every 2 weeks, so my biggest focus right now is consistency in getting to the gym!! Life tends to get in the way sometimes, so I'm trying to reset my mentality to accept that I need to set aside the time for ME. I've found that I enjoy strength training MUCH more than cardio, so I'm looking forward to working on my arms and core during this summer challenge!

My Motivation: Let's be honest, vanity plays a big part in weight loss for a lot of us. I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin without feeling the need to cover up with a cardigan (in this summer heat!!). I also have a 3 year old sun with endless energy that I need to keep up with.

Hi Kate. It's awesome you have a personal trainer. I am more than certain he/she has you on a good track to feeling better and seeing results!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5ft 9.5in
    Current weight: 225
    Challenge goal weight: 199
    Ultimate goal weight: 160

Goals and motivation: I've struggled with my weight most of my life. I'd like to get my stress eating under control and make exercise a normal part of most days. Also, of course, I want to look good and be healthy. I have a nearly 2 year old daughter that I need energy to keep up with and we are hoping for another baby soon so I want a healthy pregnancy. I like the idea of others keeping me accountable. Good luck to us all!

Hi Jane. We all stress eat at some point but luckily it can be controlled. YES you will be held accountable for the things you have listed as goals so STAY FOCUSED!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    tlee278 wrote: »
    Name Tina
    Age 45
    Height 5'6"
    Starting weight:220
    Current Weight: 202.3
    Ultimate Goal weight: 165-170
    Challenge Goal Weight: 188
    Goals for the challenge-To continue this lifestyle change and to become healthier than I've ever been.
    My motivation-my daughter! As a single mom, it's just her and I. After a serious health scare, I want to make sure that I'm doing my best to be healthy so that I can see my daughter grow up.

Hi Tina. Welcome to our group. Be great for your daughter. She's worth it! Good luck to you!!!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Howdy! I am so excited to be here!

Name: Ana
    Height: 5ft 3 in
    Current Weight: 187.4 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 175 lbs I'm hoping to lose about 1lb per week.
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 120 lbs

Goals: #1: I want to be able to control my PCOS. I've always struggled with my weight and other horrible side effects from PCOS. I want to be in control. This will ultimately make me a confident person. #2: No weight gain during the summer. I will be doing some traveling and I just know there's going to be delicious food wherever I go. MUST RESIST TEMPTATION. #3: I want to feel healthy and not tired all the time. I want to rely less on coffee and other supplements to gain energy. #4: I'm not going to lie, I saw Wonder Woman this weekend and I want to be strong and kick butt!

My Motivation: My motivation for this challenge and my overall weight loss journey is my husband. He is very supportive of everything I do and I want to be healthy with him. Cute clothes are definitely one of my top motivations. I just want super cute clothes! I want to be able to run marathons like it's no big deal.

Hello Ana. Family is a great motivator. Also when you travel you can make good healthy eating choices you just have to do a little prepping. Good luck on your journey here.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Tjs8819 wrote: »
    Name: Tiffany
    Height: 5'5
    Current weight: 163lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 151lbs (1lb/week)
    Ultimate goal weight: 140-145lbs

Goal: I want to maintain my goal weight. I am a yo-yo dieter and I always end up falling off the wagon after a few months. I'm hoping this group will keep me motivated.

Motivation: It may sound shallow/vain but I want to look good! I love to shop and I want to be able to buy anything I like without worrying about how my love handles! Also, I am almost 30 and I want to start taking better care of myself and I want to prove to myself that I can follow through with my goals and that I am in control.

Hello Tiffany. Thank you for joining us. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good. At least you are doing something about it. Oh YES, must look good by 30, LOL!
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am a little older than most of you, but I am looking forward to being inspired and challenged by you all.
    Name: Janine
    Height: 5' 6"
    Current weight: 174.5
    Goal weight: 140
    Goals: Stay on my diet, and don't get discouraged or give up.
    Goals: Feel healthier, have more energy, and to be happy with how I look and feel. I live in Arizona, so summers are hot, and I cannot hide under clothes. I want to be able to go swimming with my family without being self conscious.

Welcome, Janine. I believe I may be the oldest one in this group and I'm here to tell you these ladies are very supportive. I find great inspiration from them. I, too, live in Arizona, Phoenix to be exact and I am currently doing a summer road race series with my 8 yr old granddaughter that has us jogging/walking 5-5K races over the next 2 months. So believe me, I absolutely understand the struggle with the Arizona heat, trying to hide under clothes, but having nowhere to hide because it is tank top, shorts and flip flop weather here for 12 months. Please know you are not in this by yourself. I'm here for you and we can get through this together!!!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    coxwife11 wrote: »
    Hey y'all!!! Thanks for adding me! Im from Dallas, Tx and just starting my journey (workout wise).

Name: Kandra
    Current Weight: 283lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 160 (2lbs a week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130 lbs
    Goals: Im just starting out so Im doing 30 mins of cardio a day per my dr. Being able to work out 30 mins straight would be fantastic!
    My Motivation: Family (i have 2 kids and an awesome husband), I want to get healthy for myself amd look better not only for myself but my husband.

Hi Kandra! Welcome. You can totally do 30 minutes of workout. We are here for you!
  • julie_emma
    julie_emma Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited for this group.
    It's perfect timing because I'm really hoping to make a change in my life and would love the accountability (and new friends) that this group offers!

Here's my intro:
    Name: Julie
    Height: 5ft 4in
    Current Weight: 135 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 130 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lbs

Goals: my main goals are to do some form of exercise 5 days per week (currently anywhere from 0 to 5 days/week) and to eat less junk food. I'm hoping this will help me to lose fat and build muscle, and to improve my fitness. One specific goal I have --> I did a hike a few weeks ago with my husband and needed to take a break practically every 5-10 min. I'm hoping to go back to that mountain with him at the end of summer and be able to keep up!

My Motivation: health, family, feeling confident
  • jjbenne
    jjbenne Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great to join your group!

Name - Jen
    Age 61
    Starting weight 212
    Current weight 206.8
    Challenge goal weight 189
    Ultimate goal 145
    Workouts - get back to 30DS, jogging and swimming
    Just completed half marathon last weekend but it took me 3 hours 33 min and it about killed me. lol. I would like to be faster feel better trained.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    julie_emma wrote: »
    Name: Julie
    Height: 5ft 4in
    Current Weight: 135 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 130 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lbs
    Goals: my ultimate goals are to exercise 5 days per week, to lose fat and build muscle, and to improve my fitness. One specific goal i have --> I did a hike a few weeks ago with my husband and needed to take a break practically every 5-10 min. I'm hoping to go back to that mountain with him at the end of summer and be able to keep up!
    My Motivation: health, family, feeling confident

Hi Julie. Welcome to our group! You can complete your goals. Five times a week is doable and you will see results with a sensible diet.
  • Weigo2020
    Weigo2020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Can't wait for the lbs to fall off!!

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5"2
    Current Weight: 162
    Goal Weight: 135
    My motivation: I can't go into my 40s overweight!!!!
  • UnsophisticatedSoph
    UnsophisticatedSoph Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hey, y'all! I'm so excited to be apart of this group. I wish everyone lots of luck and success with their goals.

Name: Sophia
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 236
    Challenge Goal Weight 200(ish)
    Goal Weight: 145
    Goals:Workout 5 days a week, learn how to eat healthy, and feel like the queen I am
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What an awesome group of women gathered here to conquer our goals over the next 12 weeks. Thanks for organizing, Jessica!

Name: Rebecca
    Current Weight: 133.8 lbs (Started Dec. 4th 2017 at 155.6)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 127.8 lbs (0.5 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 122 lbs

Goals: Continue eating well and exercising. I prefer walking to running and have always exercised using a HRM and tracking all the data. Still using my HR as my compass for training but being less anal about it so I have more time to live my life.

My Motivation: In December I decided I didn't want to retire in poor health. FINALLY, I was able to stick to it and am on my way to losing weight I've lost before. I loss steadily until I got sick and it has taken me eleven weeks to get my groove back. It is motivating to me that I maintained during those eleven weeks by eating reasonably well. (That's not the way the story has ended in the past.) This past Saturday I finally got myself back on the treadmill. Having accountability partner(s) is a great motivator for me. Co-workers aren't very motivated to stick with it but have been very encouraging. I'm super excited to have found this group and look forward to our journey!
  • littleberriesinbarrie
    littleberriesinbarrie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Name: Jenna
    Height: 5ft 6
    Current Weight: 157.0 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 152 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weighi:140 lbs
    Goals: eating lower carb , low sugar, staying away from chips (my weakness) and getting back to regular exercise.
    My Motivation: my health, my energy level and the fact that all my clothes are too tight!
  • iambrink
    iambrink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Name: Kim
    Height: 5ft 3
    Current Weight: 189.0 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 179 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weighi:150 lbs
    Goals: control bad habits, focus on mindful eating, journal all food and drinks, do some kind of physical activity 3-5 times a week to start.
    My Motivation: my tight clothes and achy hips!