Your Favorite Keto Slow Cooker / Crock Pot Cookbooks

Options
ladipoet
ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
Okay my Keto peeps, my mother's birthday is coming up in a couple of months so this year I thought I'd get her some keto cookbooks that focus on using the crock pot or slow cooker. She really loves making recipes when she can just dump ingredients in, set on low to cook for the day and walk away. I would really appreciate some recommendations for good Keto, LCHF, or low-carb cookbooks specifically geared toward using a crock pot or slow cooker. TIA!

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    If you access Amazon, and search "Low Carb high fat crockpot cookbooks" there's a huge list of different books available. I suggest you look for the 5-star high-number ratings and read the reviews... That's how I purchased my book, but I'm in the UK. Don't know if my book would be available in the USA....
  • ladipoet
    Options
    That is a good suggestion! Hadn't considered coming at it from that angle so thanks for that!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've had this one for so long it automatically falls open at my favorite recipe "Texas Chili." I see that Amazon now offers it in both kindle and paperback. Go with the paperback. Cookbooks on a kindle are usually a pain in the pan to use and I see that the kindle version is actually more expensive than the paperback.

https://amazon.com/Everyday-Carb-Slow-Cooker-Cookbook-ebook/dp/B001JAHFBC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496579772&sr=8-2&keywords=low+carb+slow+cooker+cookbook

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I made some amazing meatballs in a spicy curried sauce, last night. I didn't think my H would like it, but he finished every last scrap.... I think his tastes are definitely changing....
    I must admit I bought the meatballs ready made (but not ready-cooked!) and I left them to burble away in the slow-cooker for about 4 hours. My! They really came out well!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @mandycat223, definitely agree about some books on Kindle are a pain. I recently got the book "Undoctored" and trying to find anything for reference is a PITA.

• ladipoet
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations!