I'm an idiot...

Options
sisterlilbunny
sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
It's warmer here and that means I'm outside more. I'm also stuck with a car that, when I have to drive it, requires the heat to be on (I TOLD them it's the coolant, did they listen?). So I go for my run and it's good. Then I go and enjoy some gardening for a few hours and it hits. I move my head too fast, I get dizzy af. I stand up, I get dizzy af. I walk I get dizzy af. I manage to get things done but holy hell.

So here's me being an idiot. I forget that heat sucks out the salts and that we're already on the low end with Keto. How freeken dumb do I have to be to forget this?? Popped a mag citrate, downed some walnuts w/salt/cheese/jerky and drank water like a fish for the cats trip to the vet.

I am seriously so ashamed that I knew better. Don't be a dumb bunny, drink your freeken water!!

Replies

• EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. Don't be so hard on your self.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Been there. I checked my backpack today before leaving on my walk to make sure I had my go to sodium, boullion cubes, but forgot a bottle of water. Good thing is my walks are usually to a grocery store so am able to buy something there. We'll remember the next time. :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    It's warmer here and that means I'm outside more. I'm also stuck with a car that, when I have to drive it, requires the heat to be on (I TOLD them it's the coolant, did they listen?). So I go for my run and it's good. Then I go and enjoy some gardening for a few hours and it hits. I move my head too fast, I get dizzy af. I stand up, I get dizzy af. I walk I get dizzy af. I manage to get things done but holy hell.

So here's me being an idiot. I forget that heat sucks out the salts and that we're already on the low end with Keto. How freeken dumb do I have to be to forget this?? Popped a mag citrate, downed some walnuts w/salt/cheese/jerky and drank water like a fish for the cats trip to the vet.

I am seriously so ashamed that I knew better. Don't be a dumb bunny, drink your freeken water!!

"Everyone has a God-Given right to be a damn fool for 5 minutes a day.

Wisdom consists of not breaking that Limit."

Just for the record, it seems to me that I appear to not be well-endowed in the Wisdom department....
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    BTW it's not just the coolant. You need a new thermostat for your car. Seriously.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I myself had two very miserable days just last week before I realized what was going on and sucked down a ton or so of salt.

I believe that the condition from which we suffer is technically known as "being human."
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    LOL @mandycat223 true to that!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    BTW it's not just the coolant. You need a new thermostat for your car. Seriously.

In addition to the thermostat, it could be a water pump. The worst is if you keep driving that way, depending on the car, you'll probably damage the head gasket and that's a money suck!

• sisterlilbunny
    Options
    To clarify on the car, it was the waterpump/coolant. We told them when we bought it we smelled coolant and that there was a leak an no one believed us. This past Friday we confirmed it because of the drive home hot and that it wouldn't hold fluid. Which is WHY I was complaining about them not listening to us about it being a coolant.

Because I grew up a really long time ago, I was able to get the car home with out blowing anything due to remembering that it helps when you turn on defrost (high/high). We left the car sitting after that until I could get it to the dealership Monday morning where they fixed the water pump, air conditioning and tossed in an oil change for free.

Seriously guys, I may be an idiot but I'm not stupid...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    We didn't actually think you were stupid, lol, but cars can be so confusing for so many. I am also old enough to know about blasting the heater to make it to the garage/home. Unfortunately now most vehicles are 'plug 'n' play' with all the stupid electronic modules that control everything. Not as easy to diagnose or fix. :(
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Seriously guys, I may be an idiot but I'm not stupid...

Wish I could say the same... :s

(Or maybe I do resemble that remark...?)