Weekly mini goals - week of 6/5

Options
Calvin2008Brian
Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
Weekly mini goals really work! They allow us to adjust focus in the short-term while still aiming toward a broader long-term target. Setting small goals also provides opportunity to challenge ourselves and (maybe) create new habits.

A weekly mini goal can be scale or non-scale related. Done right, smaller incremental goals let us enjoy an accomplishment here and there along the way, but, ideally, are never set so high that they cause undue stress if we fall short.

If you want to join in this challenge, just jump in!

What is your weekly mini goal this week?

How did you do with last week's mini goal?

Replies

• Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I didn't do a weekly mini goal post last week. Memorial Day is probably the biggest reason why not. Whatever the case, I'm looking to get back at it.

No looking back for me. Trust me, there's no value in it this time!

This week, an activity based challenge to myself: I will log 3 runs and 2 cross-training workouts.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,701 Member
    Options
    Focus on saying no more often to nighttime snacking.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What is your weekly mini goal this week?
    To swim 1/2 mile in laps each day next four days. I am going to see grandkids Fri-Sunday so want to get swimming in before I go.

Also eat more veggies!

How did you do with last week's mini goal?
    I completed my kayaking lesson and really enjoyed it. Now I need to make a mini goal to go rent one!
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I didn't set a mini goal last week. I don't remember why not.

Goal this week - back to my previous goals of ending the week with an average daily calorie intake below my daily calorie target.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    10,000 steps a day. 3 days on the exercise ball.

Eat within my points.

No sugar mon-fri (doing this to support a friend).

And I'll join Jim in the 'eat more veggies' goal. I've been slacking.

No minigoal posted last week, but was focused on getting steps. Succeeded in meeting the daily goal, and got a new personal best since wearing a Fitbit, 84,400!