Thoughts on breaking my stall...

Options
Lisidy
Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
I've been bouncing around between 225 and 220 since May 4th. My eating hasn't been bad, but I haven't been tracking consistently. I'm resolving to track everything I eat between now and when we leave for vacation on June 18th. I did go a little crazy over the past week with Wasabi Ranch Snapea Crisps. Those won't be allowed back into the house anytime soon. If I don't buy them, I can't binge on them. My food journal is open to friends for accountabilities sake.

I'm still struggling to drink as much water as I should. I don't know why this one is so hard for me.

I've been doing great with my bootcamp workouts. I'm doing 2-4 hours a week of high intensity interval training with lots of strength training incorporated. Where I've been falling down on the job is normal, day-to-day activity. I'm resolving to get my 10,000 steps in each day until vacation. I hope those of you who are my buddies on FitBit will call me out if you see me slacking.

I'm so happy with how far I've come, but each time I stall, I worry that this is it. This is as far as I'll get before I let a lifetime of bad habits sneak back in. I'm so grateful to have this encouraging group to share my concerns.

To end on a more upbeat note, my husband snapped this picture this morning. There aren't many pictures of me with my son (mostly because I'm always the one behind the camera and of course because I've always hated being in photographs). The picture was a nice reminder that I've already lost weight equivalent to just more than three of the toddler I'm holding. I don't even understand how I was carrying that much extra weight around just six short months ago. Here's to losing three more toddlers in the next six months. ;)

29g739va5aja.jpg

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    You really answered your own question: log all of your food, and work on getting your water in. Make sure you're limiting your carbs and getting your protein. Just the basics. :)
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @Lisidy Those Snapea crisps are very addicting! I won't get the big bag anymore. There seems to be this obbesion about water and weight loss. It probably does help keep you from eating sometimes but the science really isn't there when it comes to drinking as much as "experts" say. Think about millions of years of human history water was scarce. And most of those people weren't overweight.

Live life the way you want it to be 5, 10 years down the line. If you envision doing all these things for a lifetime then that's great. If you just want to lose weight then you will gain it back. Sorry to be so blunt. People are so worried about that number on the scale. As far as I can tell, you're doing great. If you focus on the changes, results will come. If you focus on the results, you'll never change.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I would also say those crisps may be high in sodium which can add to water retention. Maybe think about putting them in portion controlled baggies. Maybe switch up your workout routine as well as food? I go through the same thing but you look amazing and you will get to your goal - no doubt!
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I followed through on tracking, moving and drinking today. Feels good to have a day of the right choices behind me.