so dissapointed with myself - starting all over again

Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
Not sure how I got so out of hand, but it is time to smarten up!
I was having such amazing success and I got lazy and have completely ruined myself.
I am having to start back at day 1.
What are some of your favorite, quick keto meals? my lunches are very short so I need something very fast.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    You gained back 84 pounds in the couple or few weeks you've been off plan? That would be starting all over again. Don't be so hard on yourself. Most folks slip a time or two.

Lettuce wraps: a couple leaves of lettuce, a slice of ham, a little cheese, a dill pickle and mayo if you choose. Tiny amount of net carbs, some protein, some fat (esp with mayo) and some sodium. I usually add a sliver of onion.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    I am right there with you. Started in February and stayed solid through mid April. Dropped weight, was feeling so much better. Then mid April through all of May, I was just so up and down with staying on track. So June 1st was my "jump back on track" start up again. I'm trying better to meal plan and prepare...because I think that's some of my downfall.

I'm not keto, but I'm low carb...I'm not well versed in keto, so I don't know if any of these will pertain. I eat deviled eggs with avocado & bacon a lot during the week at work. Hard salami rolled up with jalapeno cream cheese. I'm going to try to cook dinners that will double as left overs for lunch the next day...this is one of my favorites that heats up well in the microwave the next day: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/just_like_stuffed_baked_potatoes.html
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »
    You gained back 84 pounds in the couple or few weeks you've been off plan? That would be starting all over again. Don't be so hard on yourself. Most folks slip a time or two.

Lettuce wraps: a couple leaves of lettuce, a slice of ham, a little cheese, a dill pickle and mayo if you choose. Tiny amount of net carbs, some protein, some fat (esp with mayo) and some sodium. I usually add a sliver of onion.

haha, yes, I guess you are right!
    Thank you :)
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    I've often felt that when it comes to acheiving my goals in life, I was born with a teaspoon instead of a shovel to build my mountains. My guess is a lot of people have teaspoons.

It can feel devastating when there's a setback, especially when the effort to build is so disproportionate to seeing it erode. Pick up your teaspoon and start adding to your goals as I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in the teaspoon set.

Good luck.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    I also have a set of fish knives. Damn useless with steak.... I hear ya!!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Bwaahahahaa @AlexandraCarlyle