June chit chat

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Wow already a week into June? Is everyone enjoying their month so far??
I am going for the tests for my arm this morning, hopefully she can give me some answers as well!
We are also missing one of our kitties and my boys heart is broken, unfortunately there is no time off work for a missing pet!!

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I hope you get answers, too!

And sorry for the missing kitty :( Was it an outdoor cat and was it older? Hopefully it shows up! It can be difficult when they disappear and never return.
  • HLaR79
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yes the arm is answered, whatever caused the pain was not the nerves they are good, and since the pain is gone no need to further investigate unless it comes back, I do however have carpal tunnel in both hands!
    As for the kitty he was an indoor cat and about 5 years old, we still haven't seen or heard anything but I'm hoping!! My daughter wants to pick a new cat already
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    How did he go missing if he was an indoor cat?

If you have any of his used litter around, sprinkle it outside your front and back door, like in the yard. Cats can smell this a very long way from home and might help him find his way. If he got spooked and got lost, he might not know how to get home.

I had a friend whose cat was missing for nearly two weeks, and then she learned that and he came back the next day.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    He thinks he should be an outdoor cat and tries to escape, we always bring him back in because we live by a busy street, but thankfully he came home last night, he has some sores on his paws but is otherwise looking good
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Oh thank God!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    We are so happy he is home... and he is happy he practically sleeps on top of me every night poor little guy.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    So glad he came home!

For the first time in 13 years I'm not teaching summer school so I have 2 1/2 months off. It's gonna be a great summer.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Woo-hoo enjoy!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Sounds lovely jltheis, I hope you enjoy the summer off :)
  • jltheis7
    Options
  • georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Happy June! :) And also, happy Friday! Hope everyone has a fun weekend!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Cant believe June is almost over now. Kids have 8 more school days here, i am counting down to when i dont have to buy school snacks for 2 whole months lol.
    June has been good at home, harsh at work due to staffing shortages, fair with my scale i habe not been very active ... But im eating better then i used to. Thankfully im too lazy to go out and buy Junk.

How is June shaping up for the rest of you...
  • georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My kids are out of school and they are so pumped! Although my 8 year old is so used to taking lunch, that he still wants to take lunch to daycare, so... no skipping out on buying "school snacks" for me :P hahaha
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Picnics, museums, parades, swimming, gardening, movies, .... enjoying my free time immensely!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Georgeinthecord: ive been there.... This is my first year my son is old enough to stay home all alone.
    Jltheis: im glad to hear that we all need to spoil ourselves with free time

I seen my endocrinologist yesterday: my A1C is 6.4 (my goal is under 6.5) i lost 9 lbs since seeing her last (one of my meds interfers with weight loss so this made her so happy) and she said i dont need to see her again unless things change for me, that gave me instant panic though so we made an appointment in 6 months lol.
  • pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @HLaR79 - Congratulations! Great news on your A1C goal!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Georgeinthecord: ive been there.... This is my first year my son is old enough to stay home all alone.
    Jltheis: im glad to hear that we all need to spoil ourselves with free time

I seen my endocrinologist yesterday: my A1C is 6.4 (my goal is under 6.5) i lost 9 lbs since seeing her last (one of my meds interfers with weight loss so this made her so happy) and she said i dont need to see her again unless things change for me, that gave me instant panic though so we made an appointment in 6 months lol.

This is awesome, and I love that you know your numbers. My A1C has been sitting at a steady 6.6 for years....going today for my check up...

And I know the struggle with weight and meds, I take three medications that cause weight gain....insane