new to the group

Options
liveloveyourlife
liveloveyourlife Posts: 7 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
hey everyone I am new to my fitness pal I am interested in some new recipes . I have recently given up soda and started drinking lots of tea and water... any other ideas and or alternatives ???

Replies

• dangetshealthy1
    dangetshealthy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I'm not very creative in the kitchen and have found the meal planning service cooksmarts.com to be very helpful in this regard. I also learned to enjoy club soda (with lemon, lime, etc.) in place of soft drinks. I also bought a portable infuser which adds a little flavor to my water on the go. You can pick one up at walmart for 7 or 8 bucks.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I add a few drops of essential oils to my water, like grapefruit, or lemon, or lime. It gives it a great refreshing kick. It helps me drink a lot more water that way.
  • zoeysgood
    zoeysgood Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! For me I like cold ice water. The trick for me is once I drink a glass or two I actually get more thirsty and want more. Weird but true! :)
  • mtcampbell1
    mtcampbell1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya :smile: When I gave up soda a few years ago, I started drinking plain soda water...I absolutely love it. Be sure to buy the kind that doesn't have any kind of sweetener at all in it.
  • grandmachris8870
    grandmachris8870 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I drink:-Mint tea to wake me up in the morning, camomile tea at bedtime, lemon and ginger tea when feeling unwell, earl grey occasionally other than that water, water, water
  • DocStar127
    DocStar127 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like lemon or lime water. I buy a bunch of limes and lemons, juice them, put the juice in an ice cube tray and freeze. I put one or two cubes in my water or tea at a time. It's wonderfully refreshing.