Fasting blood sugar going UP and low ketones?

Options
I am so confused. Been keto for about 40 days. Carbs about 20-25. IF 18:6. Morning glucose keeps going UP and Up! Today it was 158. That was 12 hours after I last ate anything even. I mean nothing but pure water! So then I test my blood ketones and they are only .8 (insert string of cuss words here!) --- love keto, sticking with it, just need to figure this out! --- help!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    What was the last meal you had each day? Any kind of trend there?
    Are you getting sick or are you having any new stress of any kind?
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am guessing that you are diabetic, and have been for a while. If that is the case, study the Dawn Phenomenon and liver dumps. If your pre keto numbers were higher, I would not be overly concerned as it takes some time for your body to heal itself. Also you might like to look into the work of Dr. Fung including " The Complete Guide to Fasting" as he deals with using low carb and fasting to deal with a number of health issues including diabetes.
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    you can try 4 vinegar pills at night. that should lower your morning sugar level.
    or you can drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar at night.
    the apple cider vinegar can be on a salad.
    many studies verify this.
    Vinegar at night lowers the morning glucose level.
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing happen to me when I go ultra low carb. Meaning below 15 grams. Stress of any kind on your body will shoot your cortisol levels up which will cause your blood sugar to rise. I am not a diabetic nor have I ever been. When I go super low carb my blood sugar fasted in the a.m. is ultra high. Once I get to round 30 grams of carbs my blood sugar normalizes. Hope that helps!