Dehydrator Food Suggestions?

Options
Hey everyone,

In an effort to start snacking healthier, I've gotten myself a dehydrator. I tried my hand at some kiwis, bananas, apples, as well as some peach "fruit leather". Some came out better than others, haha. Does anyone have any favorite foods, recipes, or tips they'd like to share with a newbie? Thanks!

Replies

• StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Apple slices soaked in a touch of honey and lemon then sprinkle a little cinnamon and nutmeg on when you put them on the trays. I do a lot of jerky too using London broil cut against the grain. If you like it a little on the softer less tough side, slice about 3/8-5/16 of an inch, or about a 3/16 for real thin jerky. (putting the meat in the freezer for about a half hour makes it a little firmer when cutting and helps keep it even. I marinade mine in a little apple cider, with my bbq rub and a little worchestshire and sometimes I'll use a garlic teriyaki sauce.
  • dangetshealthy1
    dangetshealthy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks for the tips!
  • dangetshealthy1
    dangetshealthy1 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Watermelon, Steve's apples, kiwi, and peach/orange bark.
    95g488wiz4m0.jpg
  • KelsJae
    KelsJae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

In an effort to start snacking healthier, I've gotten myself a dehydrator. I tried my hand at some kiwis, bananas, apples, as well as some peach "fruit leather". Some came out better than others, haha. Does anyone have any favorite foods, recipes, or tips they'd like to share with a newbie? Thanks!

I've sprinkled cinnamon on some apples, really liked that.

Also, strawberries are amazing.