Weekly mini goals - week of 6/12

Options
Calvin2008Brian
Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
Weekly mini goals really work! They allow us to adjust focus in the short-term while still aiming toward a broader long-term target. Setting small goals also provides opportunity to challenge ourselves and (maybe) create new habits.

A weekly mini goal can be scale or non-scale related. Done right, smaller incremental goals let us enjoy an accomplishment here and there along the way, but, ideally, are never set so high that they cause undue stress if we fall short.

If you want to join in this challenge, just jump in!

What is your weekly mini goal this week?

How did you do with last week's mini goal?

Replies

• Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    last week: log 3 runs and 2 cross-training workouts. Didn't happen. I was on my bike twice so I'll count those as cross-training sessions, but no running this past week. I'm still hesitant about running as I'm coming back to it after a fairly grim hip MRI. I need to just chill out and start an easy paced walk/run plan, tbh.

this week: keeping the same challenge.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Mine for last week:
    + 10,000 per day - on avg, yes, but Sunday was below, so sort of a win
    + 3 days on exercise ball - I'm actually loving this. Makes my core feel stronger.
    + No sugar Mon-Fri - success, and felt good to be in control.
    + eat w/in points - yup
    + Eat more veggies - more, but not as much as I should.

For this week, I'll go for 10,000 steps a day again. It's challenging. I like to sit more LOL. But I know it's making a difference!

And I need to be more specific about my veg goal, so eat some veggie at every meal.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    What is your weekly mini goal this week?
    Rent a kayak. Go yo outdoor concert,
    Enjoy summer weather AND lose a pound at Thursday WI.

How did you do with last week's mini goal?
    Met my mini goals!
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    This week my challenge is to exercise at least 10 minutes every day, and to do 10 push-ups every day.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,576 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I took a couple weeks off from this to rethink things. For my weekly mini goal I have 2. Track/measure each day (back to basics) & stretch daily.