Has anyone used Ideal Protein prior to doing keto?

2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    My RMR result was a breath test I had done at a dietitian's office on my insurance program as a diabetes prevention program. You sit and breath into a machine in a cool dark room until you get an average consistent reading. For me, that was 1890. This calorie counter, based on my current height, weight, and age, didn't have any numbers that low for me, not even the losing 2 pounds a week number was at 1890, and that was with no activity, the setting below sedentary - base rate? I'll have to go back and look and post my numbers. And I lost well with keto...for about 12 weeks. And then I started the slow gains for over a year. I'm currently working to heal my thyroid function (to get more or less "level" with it, as every time I buckled back down to hard keto, it badly worsened my thyroid function. This time, my doctor wants me to get level on numbers, then adjust my meds AS I adjust my carbs to prevent the drop in function. It's just harder than ever to get level again...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    62apples wrote: »
    Hi Knit...
    where did you get your numbers?
    I am so interested.
    If you are doing keto then you should not gain;
    at most you would not lose.

Have you done mitochondria improvement?
    PQQ can generate new mitochondria.
    Appears to be in green foods like parsley, green peppers, kiwi fruit, and green tea.
    (I got this from "that heals that" dot com....no spaces)

Hi kpk54...
    thanks for letting me know it is accurate for you.
    I am practicing eating what my normal weight would need to maintain.
    I may have broken my plateau today.
    I need to do the 20 min power walk but I never do it.
    Nice talking to you.

Keto doesn't guarantee weight loss. You can gain bodyfat even in keto. You just have to eat too much... it's not really that hard to do either