Help me do it!

Options
My short term goal is to be down 10lbs by July 4th! I'm only down 1 so far! I currently have 1370 calories a day. Do y'all think 10lbs is achievable?? I just got back on the Keto bandwagon as well. Tips and tricks please!

Replies

• JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Mathematically you would need to burn 35,000 calories more than you take in by the 4th (27 days). This would be a burn per day of 1,296 / day more than you take in. Ummm, mathematically possible but realistically? How about doing the best you can do and see where you fall by the 4 th.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

It may be doable. People usually lose a few pounds of water when dropping carbs. That will help, especially if you only have a bit to lose.

Worst case scenario, you'll be well on your way to 10lbs down by July 4th. :) May as well go for it. ;)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my tip is to make sure you are getting 3000-5000mg of sodium per day. There's 2300mg of sodium in a teaspoon of salt so that's roughly 2 tsp of salt. Due to the water weight lost, you'll lose electrolytes. If you get headaches, fatigued, muscle aches, or stomach issues, then your electrolytes are low.

Good luck.