Summer 2017 - Push-up or SHUT UP!

Options
2»

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I was just trying to remember when the start date was ... I guess it's today! I'll do them when I get home from work.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Doing A.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I missed this thread! I'll make up yesterday today...and I'll do workout A.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    1 min elbow plank...DONE!!!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Day 3...15 reps of modified push-ups 3:1 ...are COMPLETE..the last 3/4 reps were HARD :s
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Ladies, how are we doing so far...any progress reports?
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    I forgot yesterday, ugh! I will make it up today! I am doing A and honestly it's a little too easy because I'm doing modified push ups, lol but I can't do a real push up with good form for more than 2-3. Looking at B I'd probably struggle with the planks, unless I did modified planks. So I think I'm going to do both A and B. I already did day 1 of B the other day, so just need to make up the last 2 days.

Maybe after I get through 30 days doing modified push ups for A, I can go back through it the next 30 days with real push ups.
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I took a nasty fall on my knees on Tuesday in the street (yes, I'm really graceful and potholes are apparently my nemesis), so my knees are currently very bruised and skinned up, so regular modified push ups are out. But, I've just started doing the push ups on the stability ball. I do the number that we are supposed to (A) in proper form, but barely get down, then do proper sets of modified to try and build up strength. I'm hoping by the end of this, I can do a proper form push up without modification!
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So far so good. I have never been good at push ups but I watched the video you posted above and really paid attention to my form. They were easier than I thought, but definitely not easy, lol. I've been working plank and plank ups into my workouts the last few months and that seems to have helped me a lot with push ups.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    1 min shoulder tap high plank...COMPLETE :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    jmb6739 wrote: »
    I took a nasty fall on my knees on Tuesday in the street (yes, I'm really graceful and potholes are apparently my nemesis), so my knees are currently very bruised and skinned up, so regular modified push ups are out. But, I've just started doing the push ups on the stability ball. I do the number that we are supposed to (A) in proper form, but barely get down, then do proper sets of modified to try and build up strength. I'm hoping by the end of this, I can do a proper form push up without modification!

Awh! Hope you are better soon. Kudos for using the stability ball!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Ok all caught up on both plans!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Alright! Go Jen!!!

Just did my 15 reps of modified shoulder taps. It got hard at #10 :o
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    How's it going in here ladies? Any updates???...
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Good morning B) Anyone still doing the challenge and want to share your progress?