Replies

• thews300
    thews300 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Start Weight: 362

Current: 345

Macro Goals:
    sztoju11hz5o.png

I am a prior strongman. Used to bench 475, leg press 2000, and deadlift 800+.
    I was in a funk for a few years, depressed, sad, and couldn't find it in me to get out of it until last year.
    Though I was working out a little (mostly cardio) and eating better (at the meal table anyway, id still snack too much), I was losing weight, but slowly.
    I started at 400 pounds... 47% body fat. Disgusting. That kind of body will only work against you.

When I started keto 8 weeks ago, everything in me changed. I started, almost immediately... feeling like a beast again.
    Fat began to fall off, not just weight.

My overall goal isn't to lose weight, it's to lose fat.
    I also want to be putting on muscle, and to continue on my healthy journey and strength journey though I never intend to be as strong as I was before.

So my protein intake is higher than I think most people on keto. It took a few weeks of data and tweaking to find my optimal state, though I am always keeping an eye on my ketones (blood x1 a day or more, and urine x3 a day or more), energy levels, measurements, weight, and body fat.

I eat a lot of red meat, fish, pork, chicken, flax, and non fruit veggies. Though I do enjoy onions and garden peppers.

The hardest part for me is that I am literally never hungry, and so have to remember to eat. And to eat enough.
    It's a lot harder to eat 2500-3000 calories a day, when you can't slam carbs.
    Coconut oil helps. lol

My favorite recipe right now is my breakfast:
    3 scoops protein powder
    1oz (sometimes 2) flax seed, hemp seed chia seed mix
    1 oz coconut oil (mct)
    .5 oz apple cider vinegar (most days)

900 calories, plenty of morning hydration. Then I fill the shaker up again, and drink the water, to get the flax and stuff that didnt come out the first time. Great way to start the day.
  • lperezperez17
    lperezperez17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to Keto! I'm literally starting today, Current Weight is 175 lbs. My first goal is 153, and then 140's is the ultimate goal. I'm learning as I go. not the best way to do it but when you get fed up with how your body looks, then you kind of go all in! Please add me on here as I'm looking for people who are motivated, who share keto tips and keto recipes! Let's help each other achieve our goals!