Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Recipes!

run2lose45
run2lose45 Posts: 27 Member
Add a recipe and keto on!

Replies

• run2lose45
    So, I made it yesterday and loved it. Egg salad. Simple keto-loving eggs! Today, I'm trying a little bit of a twist!

2 hard boiled eggs
    2 T Mayo
    1 T Mustard
    1 jalapeno

Broil jalapeno until darkened (be sure to keep a good eye on it and turn). Once skin is charred, remove from oven and wrap in seran wrap (will make it sweat the skin off). Remove skin and seeds once cooled and dice.
    Slice eggs and scoop centers into a bowl. Add mayo, mustard, and jalapeno to bowl. Mix well. Dice up the egg whites (I like big chunks, so each egg half is about 6 pieces). Fold into egg yolk mixture. Top with paprika or chili pepper. And lastly, enjoy!
  • Effervescent17
    Effervescent17 Posts: 61 Member
    So today I made chocolate pudding and it was REALLY surprisingly good.

1 avocado
    4 TBS of sweetner (I use swerve but you can use splenda, sugar free maple syrup, whatever!)
    1 TBS of heavy whipping cream
    1/4 tspn of vanilla extract
    2 TBSP of Cacao Powder (I use LivFit from walmart)

I just put it all in the food processor and blend it. It makes 2 servings unless you want it all then you can go for it!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,819 Member
    Just made the Sausage and Kale Soup from ruled.me.
    It's great!

I doubled the recipe and add a little more butter for flavor.

INGREDIENTS
    1lb. ground Sweet Italian Sausage
    1 Tbsp. Butter - I increased to 4 tbsp and added 3 to the simmering soup (step X)
    1 small Yellow Onion
    1 medium Carrot (I left out the carrot)
    2 cloves Garlic
    2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
    1 tsp. dried Oregano
    1 tsp. dried Basil
    1 tsp. dried Rubbed Sage
    ½ tsp. crushed Red Pepper Flakes
    4 cups Chicken Broth
    1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
    ½ medium head Cauliflower
    3 cups Kale
    1 tsp. Sea Salt
    ½ tsp. Black Pepper

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground sausage, breaking up the meat. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
    2. Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked sausage and allow to drain on a plate covered with paper towels. Discard drippings, but do not wash pan.
    3. Melt butter (1 tbsp) over medium heat. When bubbling subsides, add onion and carrot. Cook until onion begins to brown on the edges and becomes somewhat translucent.
    4. Stir garlic into onion and carrot mixture. Cook one minute. Add red wine vinegar and cook until syrupy, scraping up browned bits-about 1 minute.
    5. Stir in oregano, basil, sage and red pepper flakes. Pour in stock and heavy cream. Increase heat to medium high.
    6. When soup reaches a simmer, (this is where I added the remaining butter) add cauliflower and turn heat down to medium-low. Simmer uncovered until cauliflower is fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in kale and cooked sausage. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until kale wilts and the sausage is reheated.
    7. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The amount of salt needed may vary due to variation in brands of broth
  • run2lose45
    Sounds yummy! I'll have to try that one!
  • jonah92013
    jonah92013 Posts: 7 Member
    My wife and I make a breakfast, lunch and dinner recipe to last us the week. This is our dinner recipe, taken and (slightly) modified from delish.com

Eggplant Lasagna:
    3 lbs. eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices
    16 oz. whole milk ricotta
    4 cups whole milk shredded mozzarella
    1/2 cup grated parmesan (don't use the kind that comes in can!)
    1 large egg
    1/2 cup italian parsley
    1 medium yellow onion
    3 cloves garlic
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    2 tsp. dried oregano
    Rao's Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce

Instructions:
    1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
    2. Peel and slice eggplant lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices.
    3. lay eggplant flat on a large cutting board or baking pan and salt liberally on both sides. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
    4. While eggplant is sitting, mix the ricotta, parmesan, egg and parsley in a bowl.
    5. saute garlic and onions in a small sauce pan with the olive oil. When fragrant, add the bottle of tomato sauce and stir. Keep on low heat.
    6. Rinse the salt off of the eggplant with cold water and press between paper towels to dry and remove any residual moisture.
    7. In a baking pan, alternate 1 layer of sauce, 1 layer of eggplant, 1 layer of ricotta/parmesan mix, 1 layer of mozzarella, until you run out of ingredients.
    8. Bake for 35 minutes.

Servings: 12
    Calories: 323
    Fat: 22g
    Net Carbs: 10g
    Protein: 18g
  • run2lose45
    Sounds really good. I need to come up with some recipes for when my parents visit in 2 weeks. I think it'll be mostly chicken, steak, fish, and the like.
  • jkjones1414
    jkjones1414 Posts: 1 Member
    I came across a recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole... I made it the other night and even the kids loved it....

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Ket0 Friendly Recipe Ingredients:
    6 cups of chicken (roughly about 50 oz) Breast, tenders or thighs
    5 oz of ham
    4 oz butter
    6 oz Cream Cheese
    1 tablespoon regular mustard
    2 oz lemon juice
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    6 oz Swiss Cheese

https://www.isavea2z.com/chicken-cordon-bleu-casserole-keto-friendly-recipe/
  • jonah92013
    jonah92013 Posts: 7 Member
    I bought a new blender this week for the first time in about a decade, and I've been making a lot of smoothies. Thought I'd share my current favorite!

1 avocado
    1/2 cup halo top chocolate ice cream
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
    1 cup water

Blend until smooth!

Approximate Nutrition:
    Calories: 361
    Fat: 28g
    Carbs: 27g
    Fiber: 14.3
    Sugar: 7g
    Sugar Alcohol: 4g
    Protein: 9g

Enjoy!
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    jonah92013 wrote: »

How is this Keto friendly? My diet has me at no more than 22g carbs for the day.
  • oddindividual
    oddindividual Posts: 2 Member
    webdevsoup wrote: »
    jonah92013 wrote: »

How is this Keto friendly? My diet has me at no more than 22g carbs for the day.

It's about net carbs. Meaning you don't count the fiber in it. I'm not sure how much fiber this recipe has though..
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member

It's about net carbs. Meaning you don't count the fiber in it. I'm not sure how much fiber this recipe has though..

Interesting. Guess I didn't catch that. Thanks.