July 2 Sign In

Options

Replies

• loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Exercise: StrongLifts 5x5 workout A and a 40 minute/14km bike ride.
    Calories: under
    Tracked: yes
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Another beautiful day in BC Canada! Had a good day. Still celebrating Canada's 150 years. Happy 4th of July coming up for our American friends. B)

For those that don't know I had back surgery on July 15th, My exercise and time spent on it is very limited right now. I am good when I get up in the morning but I get tired easily, I try to get my walking and puttering done in the morning that way it is done for the day.

exercise yes walking with my walker, very light housework and some food prep.
    calories yes
    tracking yes

Hope everyone has a GREAT day tomorrow! :)
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Dismantled our six man tent single handedly (hubby went to get the car, hmm) walked in clumber park for an hour and a half, walked into town and back up the hill.
    Under calories by 100, saving up for the baby shower and mums home cooked treats st the weekend!
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,271 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo TY, I have a big comfy seat attachment that I use for my stat bike in the house, so I may well just slip that over the bike seat for extra comfort, My hubby after his try said that there is an issue with the gears so that's why the chain was slipping, I'll speak to them when we return the hire. The lady that was hiring them out couldn't open the lock up that the hire bikes were kept in so she gave us one from the work shop. I think it may need work lol

@120maggie TY .. they really do lol .. and so do the miles :)
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    aeshippers wrote: »
    @phoebelayla and @srufus well done getting back on track today.
    @catvlmack I grew up in Nottingham and used to go to Clumber Park with my family on a regular basis, beautiful woodland.

My dads family is from worksop, so I know it well, despite growing up in Norfolk and now living in Lancashire. We were there to scatter my grandads ashes (shh don't tell the national trust) most of that side of the family is there. It's so beautiful. Nottingham is a beautiful city I used to love shopping there when I lived in lincoln.
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
    Exercise kind of bare minimal so no great adventure story there.
    What do I have to do to stay in control on the 4th?
    Exercise, exercise. I will try for a big ride but there will be a lot of motorists out hunting for their picnic spot. Early is the way to go I guess.
  • Slimpossible007
    Options
    @aeshippers TY that's very helpful :) .. I had no idea that top on one while bottom on the other was a no go .. and I was a bit wary when I was changing gear slowing down to do so .. which looking back was possibly not the best idea ... I also think I wasn't pushing the gears far enough.

I'll have another go this evening and see how I go :)
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Date: 2nd of July
    Exercised?: Yes: Focused on walking
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @Slimpossible007 on my bikes I've always had to be pedalling while changing gears. The chain doesn't like it if I try when I'm coasting.
  • Slimpossible007
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @am_change .. TY, yes I think that may have been one of the issues I was slowing down and wasn't peddling when I tried to change, so they must have gotten stuck and that's why the chain was slipping .. I didn't get another turn this evening, my daughter was off out all day ... and it goes back tomorrow. I'll have a go another time :) It could also have been a bad bike thou, I don't think they were meant to be hiring the ones from the work shop out.
  • FAR_from_FAT
    FAR_from_FAT Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Date: July 2
    Exercised?: Yes, laundry, grocery shopping at Sam's club and Wal-Mart. Fitstar 16min plus warmup
    Calories?: Yes I was under woohooo
    Tracked?: Yes every BLT love that HAHAHA
  • scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im starting again today, after flunking out half way through June.

I have had to alter my goals as the target of staying within cals was a trigger to binge. (My messed up head and eating disorder)

So, my July goals are
    1. Exercise daily. Nothing major though, as I can burn out if I push too much. I suffer with dreadfully fatigue, especially in the afternoons.
    2. Track what I eat/drink. I need to be aware of binge triggers but not beat myself up if I go over cals.
    3. Take my vitamins daily.

Three "yes" today and an added bonus of being within cals.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, Stationary bike 30 mins
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    July 3
    Exercise:yes 120min @ gym doing biceps/chest, row machine for 2000m (best time yet) and stationary bike
    calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Im starting again today, after flunking out half way through June.

I have had to alter my goals as the target of staying within cals was a trigger to binge. (My messed up head and eating disorder)

So, my July goals are
    1. Exercise daily. Nothing major though, as I can burn out if I push too much. I suffer with dreadfully fatigue, especially in the afternoons.
    2. Track what I eat/drink. I need to be aware of binge triggers but not beat myself up if I go over cals.
    3. Take my vitamins daily.

Three "yes" today and an added bonus of being within cals.

@scubachick67. Welcome back.

What's essential with the important stuff is that each time fall, we get up and try again.

This (UAC) is hard, but longer term one of the most worthwhile things you can do. It is trying to build good habits. And it's your habits (good or bad) that will build you.
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    *posted in the wrong day*