Carb Load

Options
jerijett
jerijett Posts: 14 Member
I notice some people carb load on the weekend. Why? What is the benefit and when should someone start introducing carbs back into the diet?

Replies

• Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure, I try to stay Keto everyday but will allow myself one meal if I'm really struggling to indulge a little but I only do it once a week and for only one meal not all day.
  • candrist
    candrist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Carb loading is not necessary and normally slows your progress.

Most people do it because on most diets you get some sort of cheat day and they really look forward to that.

The longer you stay in ketosis the more weight you will lose.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am NOT an expert on Keto, but some people who know a lot more than me recommend carb loading (or "carb-ups") especially for women. It has to do with our hormones I think. I am not talking about binging, but eating some healthy carbs (like maybe a sweet potato.) If you want more information, you might check out the healthfulpursuit.com website. She also has a podcast called "The Keto Diet," and she has lots of interesting experts and writers on her show. I know there are at least a few episodes that focus on carb-ups.

I confess, at this point in my journey, I have not yet tried any carb loading because I am less than 3 months into Keto. I am a little fearful of waking my inner sugar demon. But I am definitely investigating it because I think long-term, I would like to sometimes eat some fruit or carrots or a potato. ;) I plan to experiment in future to see if this is "right" for my body.