LTL Friday, 23 June 2017

Options
Tripaway
Tripaway Posts: 71 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Greetings!

On this, the eve of the feast of the birth of St-Jean Baptiste (QC), many québécois are preparing their bonfires and foodstuffs to celebrate this important martyr in the Catholic Church and patron saint of the province of Québec!

Although he was beheaded (a good way to lose approximately ten pounds, btw), his feast day is often celebrated with bonfires, likely because of the corresponding pagan celebrations of Midsummer - gotta ward those evil spirits off somehow, why not fire?!?!

So since a lot of the world will be burning stuff tonight, I wondered how many of you all plan to burn your next few calories this weekend. As for me, I have to work this weekend (I work with large monkeys, so taking care of them is a workout in itself!), host a St-Jean-Baptiste party, and entertain my in-laws arriving from Maryland tomorrow (I'm in Michigan, so they'll be here for a week...); apart from these duties, I also plan to get in at least one three-mile jog around my neighbourhood in this sweltering heat.

What are your plans for burning some calories this weekend? Does anyone plan to burn a few more beyond the ordinary amount with me in honour of Saint John the Baptist?? :smile:

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going fishing. Haven't checked the marine forecast but it's warm in Key West. 3+ hrs standing at the back of the boat. Add a little wind and it becomes a bosu ball workout.

Saturday Pickleball and yoga.

Sunday more fishing.

I love it here.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a new dance class on Saturday morning, roller skating in a parade on Saturday night, and probably going for a 3-4 mile run on Sunday. The dog also usually charms me into extra long walks both days-because seriously, who can say no to that face?! Definitely taking today off to rest up for the active weekend.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Sigh, I have tendinitis in my foot that won't go away. I can go for a 3 miles hike in the woods, that's it.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Saturday I'm heading up to Wisconsin for a 100 mile bike ride.
    Sunday's activity will depend on how I feel from the bike ride.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Saturday - Walking dogs, short hike or bicycle ride, Taekwondo
    Sunday - Taekwondo practice (3+ hours)
  • TimDumez
    TimDumez Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Saturday - Riding my NordicTrack recumbent stationary bike for at least 70 minutes or 12.5 miles...

Sunday - sleeping during the day in prep for a 13.5 hour drive to Bar Harbor, Maine Sunday night, beginning at 10:00 pm.....
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,142 Member
    Options
    @Tim, wave as you pass through NH.
  • MurpleCat
    MurpleCat Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Going to a graduation party so there will be volleyball, badminton, and other lawn games. Maybe taking a walk on Sunday. Doesn't look like schedule will leave time for tennis, unfortunately.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a day hike in the Olympic Mountains - 16 miles, with 3,200 feet of climbing.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Record setting fast 14 mile hill climb loop with 1500' of climbing on my bike after 4 mile walk. More of same tomorrow. Viva la solstice
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Plans are still in the making... We had a couple rounds of heavy rain yesterday. This very wet Spring has wreaked havoc on parts of my property so the recent rain probably means I'll be doing some work to shore things up before the next deluge...probably tomorrow.

I'd actually be glad NOT to burn extra calories today as it's rare this year so far for the sun to shine and I'd really love to get some photography time in. We'll see how it goes but the early morning light (prime for photography) is on its way out...
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    My weekend routine is
    Saturday
    7:15 AM water aerobics
    Sunday
    4:30 PM
    Water aerobics and swim 1/2 mile of laps

Walking dog is always on my duty too.

I should do yard work...when? TBD