Sick as a dog

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
Thanks to my kids, because they are so good at sharing their various plagues, i'm sick as a dog. It's times like this that I miss being able to eat saltine crackers, toast with butter, and sprite. Yes, I know I can make cracker and bread alternatives.... but who wants to cook while they are extremely sick? Not I.
I guess I'll just fast until this passes. Maybe it will help me lose some weight? Lol positive thinking, right?

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Well, with everything that's been going on in your life, I'll be honest - I'm not surprised you've been laid low. I think to a degree you've been functioning on adrenalin, and now things are beginning to re-coup for them - you're laid flat by the sudden lull.

Fast, by all means, but hun, be sensible.
    You're a Mom.
    You can do sensible...Get well soon... ((Hugs))
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    Thanks to my kids, because they are so good at sharing their various plagues, i'm sick as a dog. It's times like this that I miss being able to eat saltine crackers, toast with butter, and sprite. Yes, I know I can make cracker and bread alternatives.... but who wants to cook while they are extremely sick? Not I.
    I guess I'll just fast until this passes. Maybe it will help me lose some weight? Lol positive thinking, right?

@CRZYFTM - try the Dasani Lime Sparkling Water - It's as close to Sprite as I've found. Zero carb, just water and flavor....
  • thecrowgirl
    thecrowgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can you drink diet sprite or diet gingerale?
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I was sick recently and primarily ate eggs and drank tea, which worked out just fine. The bonus was the loss of a couple of pounds, not that I am recommending illness as a weight loss mechanism.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    @CRZYFTM Hope you feel better soon. {{hugs}}
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Eeek! Feel better soon!
    I agree... eggs are a super easy way to get a little food in you. Hard boiled or fried, just requires you can stand at the stove for a moment at a time. Chicken soup is of course a good sick go-to, but does require a tad more chopping if you're putting any veggies in.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better as soon as possible. I hate getting sick. Although being ill is rare for me I endured a couple head/chest colds during keto in the last year and can say drinking bone broth helped me feel good. I was lucky that I had just made a whole lot of bone broth before that happened and had jars of it in the freezer. Drinking teas and eating eggs is also great when your tummy doesn't want much else.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Fasting does help when you are sick. Make sure you take in some sodium, it helps your body keep the other minerals you need to get healthy. Tea to keep you hydrated. And if you must have food,broth even from a cube or box will do, or eggs.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon @CRZYFTM!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I got a chest cold. and have to tell you it made me think about the lack of nutrition I was getting doing Atkins induction for a run of weeks. I stayed on course, but did purchase some low carb vitamins so I can at least get my vitamin c and b 12's needed. I'm also ditching the cheese and bacon..and adding nuts and a few berries in their place along with a squeeze of lemon. I guess I'm naturally going into the second phase of atkins... I'm still going to try and keep my carbs to 20..but rather do it with healthful foods.

I can't help but fall prey to the feeling of "is this really healthy?"...

Anyway..hope you feel better soon...
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Chicken stock with some butter.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    First, I fast.
    Then I do plain broth when it feels like I can get more than just tiny sips of water down.
    I graduate to creamy butter broth (what it sounds like, cream and butter in broth), and then egg drop soup.

That is just miserable. I'm so sorry.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart. Get well.