Hunger Pains

Options
gemini73j
gemini73j Posts: 11 Member
I had a RNY in 2009. I originally lost 144lbs. Then after some life altering events and health issues I regained almost half of it starting 18 mo later. I never even got to goal. I think I had about 55 lbs min left for the doctor's recommendations. Anyway, I know hunger returns. It never did for me at all over those 8 yrs (well maybe once in a blue moon). May of this year I had to have a hiatal hernia repair. They also did some other repairs. I don't know what exactly. Note to the surgeon don't tell me what you did fix and expect me to recall after recovery lol. I will ask and check into this at my next appointment. It has been a very rough 5 weeks. After some setbacks I am finally allowed soft food. In doing so I am hungry ALL the time! Wonder why?? Does anyone have any thoughts on this or advice to deal with it. I can literally eat my small portion be even too full. Not 10 min later I am starving again and could eat. My brain and I don't want to but the darn pouch thinks it does. Help.

SW: 334
Late 2010: 190
May 2017 day of repairs: 265
CW: 235.1

Jimi

Replies

• MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Jimi. I have absolutely no insight, but wondered if you're doing any better.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    It never happened to me, but a lot of folks here talk about acid issues feeling like hunger pangs. A quick web search confirmed a lot of discussion on the topic. I know they had me on reflux preventative medicine post surgery. Are you taking anything for acid?
  • gemini73j
    gemini73j Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was put on a some and waiting to be scoped when I have had long enough recovery. The pains that I had are mostly gone, but now I have plain stomach aches. I usually have a strong stomach so these are new too. I am sure it's something like an ulcer. I will try to update when I know for sure.