Just started

Options
jzynanja
jzynanja Posts: 25 Member
I just started IF after hearing /reading more and more about it. I read Dr. Panda's website and watched his videos and it makes sense to me. I "dipped my toe in the water" on Thursday and really began on Friday/Saturday. I think I'm going to like this. It's giving me a better mindset and I'm not thinking about what I'm going to eat all day long. I used to wake up and feel like I needed to eat at some point in the morning and often times I wasn't even hungry. I am finding it to be "freeing" and my mind has been freed up to do other things. That might sound dramatic, but it's true all I used to do is think about what I was going to eat next. Now, with this 5 or 6 hour window, my mind and body are free to actually do other things. I brought this up to my extremely athletic son who is an elite flag football player winning national tournaments, he's a runner and also plays basketball, tennis and anything involving a ball, anyway, when I was talking to him about it, he said, yeah, that's pretty much how I eat because I can't run and do my other stuff when I'm bogged down with food. He's in amazing shape, he's 35 years old and runs circles around kids that he coaches. He said he never really thought about it, it's just the way he eats. He watches me and his wife run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying this and that - and here's a primo example of how a body should perform right in front of us - go figure - my older son (he's 37) is the same way he's a beach volleyball guy traveling up and down the coast playing in tournaments and built like a brick wall. So. . . maybe there's something to this? I'm on board. Sorry for the long message.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Good luck! i just started 2 weeks ago as well and I can honestly say so far I'm loving it.
  • TXaggieMom3
    TXaggieMom3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today's my 1st day. I'm trying the 16:8. So far so good. But I feel like I might struggle eating up to my recommended calories intake. I might eat less because I am not feeling hungry.