Biographies to find our partners!

Options
2»

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Anyone from the UK or closer? Time difference might be awks with you guys from the US
  • s_thakur
    s_thakur Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Name: Sanjana
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 191 lbs

A little about me: I grew up in Mumbai, moved to Dubai when I was fourteen, and am now a student at a college in Massachusetts. I'm planning to double major in English and Anthropology (so far, at least!). I love reading and writing and am the Prose Editor for the college's literary magazine. I don't love exercise and I have a sweet tooth, which is a struggle, and I'm planning to combat that during the school year by taking a PE class each semester.

How many times have you started this process: I've never really done something like this before; I've sort of just been trying - half-heartedly, more for other people than myself - for a long time now. I've decided now that this is something I want to do for myself, and so I'm here!

I struggle with: Exercising! There's always an excuse - walking to the gym in negative temperatures, essays, midterms, etc. Also eating healthy during the school year when all I have access to is dining hall food.

I'm looking for (in an accountability partner): I would love to partner with someone who I can check in with every day about my calorie count/exercise situation (and vice versa of course!). I've tried to check in before with parents/friends but either I'm too guilty/worried about disappointing them or too embarrassed, so I'd like a partner who is not too intense, just someone to help keep me on track and with whom I can be honest about how I'm doing. Please let me know if that sounds like it will work for you!
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @SKINNIME75 I was in the Omaha area for about 16yrs. I retired from the AF at Offutt, and lived in Bellevue all those years. Do you have access to Offutt?
  • ToothlessJoe
    ToothlessJoe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So, does anyone feel like pairing up with me?
  • SKINNIME75
    SKINNIME75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No I'm not military. I'm 20 min from Offutt and have many friends that have retired from there. I love this area!
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    SKINNIME75 wrote: »
    No I'm not military. I'm 20 min from Offutt and have many friends that have retired from there. I love this area!

I really loved it as well. I not only retired from the AF there, but I am also a grad of Peru State & Bellevue U. I also have some pretty deep ties to the area having had a business there and such. I have a son who moved back into the Benson area, and now works for the city of Omaha. One of the main reasons I moved down to where I am is to be closer to my grandchildren and such. Of course the warmer winters and the near complete absence of taxes doesn't hurt either. I am glad you are enjoying the area, there is soooo much to see and do, from the world class zoo, to the museums and such.
  • LinIsStrong
    LinIsStrong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name: Lynneth
    Height: 5'7"
    Current Weight: 157

A little about me: I'm a happy mother of two, grandma of five, who travels a lot so I have trouble sticking with a routine, especially when on the road. I love outdoor sports, and the further out it is, the more comfortable I am. My job as software project manager allows me to work from anywhere so that's what I do. Very much an introvert. I turn 60 in 1.5 years and my goal is to weigh <140 by then, consistently, and to feel that my exercise and nutrition are finally in line with the vision I have in my head; that I have integrity between who I am and what I do, health-wise.

How many times have you started this process: Ha. I started this process once and am still starting! It's a life-long struggle, no? I expect to be starting in my 90s too!

I struggle with: I used to struggle with consistent workouts, but then I bit the bullet and started working with a personal trainer about a year ago. That was like a miracle drug! My workouts now are much more consistent, and I lost 15 pounds. However I've plateaued because of how much I struggle with nutrition. I'm a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde eater - perfect on some days, absolutely monstrous on others. Consistent tracking is my friend.

I'm looking for (in an accountability partner): I am looking to work with one person (I'm not really a group-type of gal) who I can report my meals, calories, and macros every day (preferably text). I'd like a neutral objective perspective on my diet and ideas on how to improve it, and strategies. So basically I'm looking for a nutrition personal trainer! And I am willing to invest the time and effort to be the same in return.

Extras: apologies for not having a pic, I'll try to get one up soon.
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If anyone is still in search of an accountability partner let me know.