Summer Stretch July 2017 Challenge: Week 1 (7/1-7/7)

Options

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This is my first forum post even though Ive been a MFP user for years. My stretch will be to exercise 3x/wk. Wish me luck!

Good luck Maxine. Welcome!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm working to push my endurance / range with the bicycle, this morning I hit a new personal best -- 42 kms! I'm 100% confident now that I'll be able to hit my goal of riding 'two towns over' to visit my mum. I'm sure that's only about 50km so it's definitely in my reach now.

r2h7m45w95hm.jpg
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I am totally on track and feeling great, even adding in some exercise (mainly gardening) and feeling very motivated (finally it has taken a long time to get back in the rhythm)

And I still LOVE that hair! Nice nice pic too.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    [quote="kpk54;c-39930600"

And I still LOVE that hair! Nice nice pic too.[/quote]

Thank you, my friend took the photo yesterday at the beach
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing great! Lot's of good vibes here today! :smile:

1) log my food- done
    2) carbs under 100 - close at 109 (um, I had a large 7-11 burrito left over from the dark side)
    3) 15+ mins activity - did 35 mins of a jessica smith walking dvd
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I started CICO and walking/running again 3 weeks ago, incorporated lazy keto about 2.5 weeks ago, and have been doing IF 16:8 for the past week. In this period, I've already lost 10 pounds :smile: . I'm hoping to keep this going through July and was really excited to find this group!

My goals for July:
    1) Resist the urge to stress eat while studying for the bar...
    2) Log everything I eat on a daily basis
    3) Get moving everyday, even if it's a leisurely 30 minute walk
    4) Incorporate more keto-friendly ingredients into my meals (discovering almond milk and hard seltzer was amazing!)
    5) Keep to under 32 net carbs/day by making keto-friendly alternative dinners.

These past couple of days haven't been great, especially on the last point (I made chicken and dumplings for my partner a few days ago and couldn't resist the leftovers...). But I'm excited to turn it back on today!
  • mskeyaj
    mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Goals:

1: Continue to workout 3x weekly
    2: Stick to keto
    3. No nuts, no wine
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This is my first forum post even though Ive been a MFP user for years. My stretch will be to exercise 3x/wk. Wish me luck!

Good luck and glad you decided to participate and not just be a lurker. Hope to see good progress reports from you this month.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    I'm working to push my endurance / range with the bicycle, this morning I hit a new personal best -- 42 kms! I'm 100% confident now that I'll be able to hit my goal of riding 'two towns over' to visit my mum. I'm sure that's only about 50km so it's definitely in my reach now.

Well, I just want to be able to ride my bike without horrid leg pain. 50 km would just about kill me at this point. You're doing so well, I bet you make it before the month is over.

• retirehappy
    Options
    My stretch is inspired by Steph_Marks. I want to get to the point that my legs do not burn with pain as I make it up a mile long ride to the top of our neighborhood's hill. It is like a roller coaster ride, up and down and I have only ridden it successfully once in my almost 20 yrs. living here. I am at 6000 ft, on the Front Range. Don't ride consistently so I am not a strong rider. I would love to become a stronger rider. I do much better on a flat ride, I can do about 15 miles that way. So learning to ride climbs is my stretch for July.

And I want to stretch my maintenance by staying under my goal weight so I start August below my goal weight. Maintaining weight loss has always been the most difficult part for me, that is why I am a yoyo dieter. But LCHF will help me change that pattern hopefully.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I pushed myself a little too hard this morning, yesterday's 42km wasn't enough so today I wanted 50.

Now I am exhausted and my legs are wobbly hehe. I'm excited though, that I managed to get that far. And combining yesterday and today, that's nearly 100km. Honestly, I'd have thought that impossible back in February when I bought the bike.

pk1bjw5iayyf.jpg
  • mildollarsmile
    mildollarsmile Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Well I am back on MFP and will dive into the forums. I have been on and off of MFP for years. My plan is to stretch myself and keep up with my eating, keep my carbs low (under 50, prefer 20-30) and up my walking. I have been averaging 5k-6k steps a day. I would like to stretch that to 8k. Today so far has not been the best but my next meal is a new meal to try to keep the carbs down. I have a lot to lose and am wondering if I need to aim for lower carbs? We shall see. I'm learning as I go.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    Options
    Got my foods logged, met my carb goal, and went to the park this evening for a 3 mile walk.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Still on my keto plan. New low weight this morning, lowest since the beginning of last fall. So that's nice. Soon I might fit back in my jeans!
    Just need to keep making those correct keto decisions.
    I like this stretch challenge so far!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to eliminate my mindless 9:00 PM snack. I'm having that snack in addition to my two scheduled snacks. When I head into the kitchen at 9:00 PM I'm going to keep walking and go to bed. I'll get more sleep and avoid the unnecessary snacks. I'm not hungry so there is no valid reason for me to be eating.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    Options
    @loveshoe, I keep telling myself I need to do the same - cut out the evening snack and get more sleep. Too much of a stretch for me at the moment. Good luck to you!

Completed my 3 tasks today: logging, well under 100 carbs, and 3 "miles" of a walking DVD.