Plank Challenge

Options
scottyp65
scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
I read an article today where the author decided to incorporate a 1min plank each hour into her office routine. Here results seemed to be pretty good, by her accounts. I thought hey why not try it. Of course 1min is a bit long for me at this time, so I am doing 30 sec per. I figure by a few weeks into this I should be able to hold for a minute. All in all this would mean 8 min of planks per day. Should it get boring I can always up the intensity with variations.

What say you.....got go, I have a plank to suffer.

Scotty

Replies

• daniellerusbult
    daniellerusbult Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I love plank challenges. I'm going to shoot for 10 minutes worth of planks every day.
  • dorothyp3
    dorothyp3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh, the torture of it all! Okay, I'm in (groan).
  • scottyp65
    Options
    Hey as a fat & tall guy, with a horribly weak core, its a good place to start. I made myself a spreadsheet for the next month and will have it posted at my desk for the duration.

Today I got in the 2 I had to get. Tomorrow I am supposed to get 6, leaving early for an extended vacay
  • nosugarinmytea
    nosugarinmytea Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm in as well! My office roomie may think I'm insane but I might be able to get her onboard :mrgreen:
    I go all over in my job so I'll be conservative and aim for 5 minutes each day.
  • lezhonka
    lezhonka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are insane guys :)
    I can't incorporate planks into my office routine, but I will do it in the mornings before I put my suit on.
  • chantal_bomhof
    chantal_bomhof Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome plan! Planks are so good not only for your core, but for your entire body. I'm a student teacher, so I don't know how that'll work, but I'll definitely try doing planks every hour that I am able to. Thanks for the tip!
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it out :D i was only able to hold for 30 seconds but hopefully by the end of the week i'll be able to hold the minute
  • scottyp65
    Options
    well I have done 2 so far.....missed the first two because I FOREGOT!!
  • nosugarinmytea
    nosugarinmytea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So...I did two planks yesterday and after each my face was so red my boss asked if I'd been crying! Lol, maybe I best leave the planks at home...
  • scottyp65
    Options
    @nosugarinmytea Hey, that's great!Heck just tell the boss you were really focused on the task at hand and giving 100% effort
  • scottyp65
    Options
    Well folks I have been on a pseudo vacay these past couple of days and haven't done a single plank..... with that in mind I will do a few today. Took an opportunity yesterday while family was shopping to take a walk instead of napping, I so much love to nap. The extra 4000 steps helped with the 1/2 lb of boiled shrimp & butter along with the 1lb of sausage i had for dinner. The exercise helped me stay under my 1800 cal daily limit