Weight loss and lifting

Options
KelseyHargis
KelseyHargis Posts: 4 Member
Hello all! I've been going to the gym regularly for about 6 months and lifting for 3. I usually use the machines and really enjoy the regime. I have definitely seen more inches lost and toning but I have only lost about 10lbs in my 6 months. I am really struggling to stay motivated when the scale is not moving. Any tips?

Replies

• PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wish that we could just ban the scale, seriously. It has this hold on some of us (me included at times) even when we see progress in other ways. You have lost inches so you are more than likely losing fat. I've said all of this to say that I understand your plight but non scale victories need to get more props than we give them.
  • URaGoddess_2020
    URaGoddess_2020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with @PermissionGranted. That scale is your ultimate stressor. You look in the mirror and see your changes. That let's you know if you continue on your current plan or change it up. You have a muscle come in that you didn't before, or your booty is looking better than it did a few weeks ago. Those are your wins! Keep pushing Goddess, you got this.