July Challenge

Options
WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
Hey everyone!

The July spreadsheet is ready.

If there's anything you forgot to fill in for June, just let me know and I'll add it.

My goals for the month:
  • Continue to reach calorie and step goals more often than not
  • End each week in a deficit
  • Do not repeat June

I hope everyone has a great start to the month!

Replies

• samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kayla!

July 1st: 148.6
    GW July 31st: 144.6

Other goals:
    Run 5K under 27 minutes
    Put my bike back together and go for a ride
    Log food and weight every day in July
    Submit my latest research to a journal
    Complete 4 hours CPD (and log it!)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kayla! July goals:
    Get pregnant
    Continue to eat low carb
    Eat when hungry, not out of habit or boredom
    Go for walks 3x a week
    July start: 189.4
    July goal: 186.4
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How in the world is it already July!? Where is the year going?

Start weight: 257.6
    Goal weight: 249.9
    Up early to get walks in while it's cool
    Work on getting pregnant
    Not obsess over TTC related things
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow What is your research on? Sorry if you've already talked about it before.
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Eat when hungry, not out of habit or boredom

This is something I also need to work on.
    How in the world is it already July!? Where is the year going?

I feel the same way. I swear I blink and it's the next month! Time...slow down! haha
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Sounds like there are some really good goals!
    SW: 127
    GW: 123

My month isn't off to a great start at my husband's mom's house. There is a party every day! And I'm just behaving badly, even between all the parties. It's a short trip, though, so I shouldn't gain more than an actual pound I hope. I have been hindsight tracking which is better than no tracking!

That said, other goals:
    - Run 3x/week
    - Lift 2x/week
    - Get pregnant
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    SW: 172.6
    GW: 168
    Exercise 3X's a week again.
    Tone flabby legs and arms!
    Get some baby going on. :blush:

@SheilAnneSmith Good look trying not to obsess. I think I may join you on that one.
    @pezhed Haha, summer is a great time of year for that, yes?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Great goals ladies!

Mine this month is to maintain my weight +/-2 lb. Or slight loss but I'm still in recovery mode so I'm not pushing for that.

SW 143.2
    CW 145.0

Try to take the little guy for a walk every other day. Instead of watching 4 movies.. 3 would have sufficed lol.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    I wanted to share a few low carb and calorie desserts with everyone. Yesterday for 4th of July I made sugar free red jello, homemade whipped cream sweetened with zero calorie sugar substitute, and topped with some blueberries. It was super festive, and low in calories (just dont eat too much of the whipped cream) and carbs! There is a jello fluff I'd like to make with whipping cream and dry jello powder too-Ill let you know if I make it.

Ive mentioned Halo Top before, and wanted to again. For me it has great mouth feel, and some of the flavors are out of this world-just like "real ice cream." My favorite flavors are chocolate and peanut butter cup 10/10, will buy again. Vanilla and Lemon cake are good but not my favorite, if I was looking to mix up my flavors or it's all they had I would certainly buy it. They are not overly sweet, but I do like the other flavors better. Salted caramel and Smores are overly sweet and I wont buy them again.

I also had a square of dark chocolate dipped in some peanut butter the other day-awesome!
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 thanks for the sweets ideas! I'm trying to lay off the ice cream so maybe these ideas will help.

Gonna make Thursdays my official check-in days this month I think.
    SW: 127 lbs
    GW: 123 lbs
    CW: 127.8 lbs

That's okay, very much expected after all of my over-indulgence in NY. I'm motivated to get on track to get back into my goal range, hopefully toward the bottom end.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thanks for the reminder, I got a $1 off Halo Top coupon the other day. I need to remember to bring it to town with me so I can pick one up. If only they weren't so darn expensive!

I tried Yasso Greek Yogurt bars and really liked them, especially the mint ones. They look like they carry about the same protein per serving as Halo Top, but don't have erythritol and stevia so they've got 6g more sugar and 30 more calories (100 cal bars).

I like a good warm brownie or cookie dough quest bar to help with sweets cravings too. I've got a box of costco equivalents and I like the brownie one better than quest, but I don't like the cookie dough one as well.

• gingermary82
    gingermary82 Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone, I think I'll be joining for July even though it is mid month. Want to get my BMI below 30 before ttc, although I am nervous about waiting as I am turning 35 this year.

(I'm to the right in the pic, in case anyone is wondering)
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Oh, um right. Forgot about this with everything else going on! Need to really focus on smart food choices since I cant workout, and am just starting my period today!
    July 11:188.4

Hi @gingermary82 welcome to our group!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @gingermary82 Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)
  • pezhed
    Options
    @gingermary82 welcome!!

7/6: 127.8
    CW: 126

I was tracking very well against my goal but my PMS monster is making me eat all the things. I went to a cheese bistro last night and ate untold amounts of cheese that I have no idea how to track so I haven't tried yet. Oops. Ah well, I'll get there.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, guys!

@gingermary82 Hi!

I have lost...*drumroll* 1 lb. I remember years back when I first joined MFP and lost 2 or 3 lbs a week. Haha, now I'm super excited over 1/2 lb a week. Your 30s are sure different from your 20s, eh?

Family reunion today up in the mountains, meeting some more of my husbands relatives. We asked a cousin what sort of food everyone was bringing. "Oh, store bought cakes, pies, cookies, brownies, maybe pulled pork bbq, pinto beans, soda, fried chicken, cornbread and butter, pasta salad..." Soooo...last night at my restaurant, I snuck back to the kitchen and chopped fruit and veggies and snapped up some hummus, then shoved money in the till for the ingredients. My husband is convinced his uncles have never seen hummus and will view it with suspicion once they find out it's from the Middle East. :lol:
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    7/17: 189.4....better buckle down the rest of the week-I have money on the line with diet bet that i will be 186 by the weekend! I literally ate Cheetos and chocolate milk for dinner last night (who am I?!?) so Im confident that getting back to business this week will get me there!

• pezhed
    Options
    @Alioth your post made me laugh because your husband's family sounds like my family, also in the mountains of Virginia. I've never tried hummus on them before but I'm 100% sure the men in my family would have nothing to do with it. Good job losing a pound so far this month!
    @Kirstie155 good luck winning your dietbet! Chocolate milk and cheetos for dinner sounds amazing.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Well I managed to sling a few days in a row where I'm in a deficit and I also managed to be in a deficit on a Sunday after being at my parents which never happens so July is looking up.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    7/17: 189.4
    7/18: 188.2! See ya, cheeto weight! Im sticking to super low carb and below my calories for the rest of the week, bc I want my money back from that diet bet!
    Lizz, I LOVE hummus-yumm!
  • pezhed
    Options
    7/6: 127.8
    7/13: 126
    CW: 125.2

Not sure if I'm going to reach my goal with a visit from my mom for the long weekend. Who knows what we'll get into but it most likely won't be health food, haha.
This discussion has been closed.