Whey protein before workout question?

Colectable93
Colectable93 Posts: 38 Member
I am on the Atkins induction plan almost to the end of week 3, first two counted total carbs week three started net carbs. I have read it is a good thing to have Whey protein(Isopure- no carbs) before a workout so your body does not go after your muscle while working out and only the fat. Any one have experience with this or any suggestions? down 25 pds and inches, just trying to make everything count!

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    >so your body does not go after your muscle while working out and only the fat

Nah, doesn't really work that way. Are you working out fasted?
  • 123sind
    123sind Posts: 80 Member
    If you eat plenty of protein( like chicken) before you work out then there is no need to have the protein powder. And meat means protein and none carbs.
  • Colectable93
    I eat supper about an hour to hour and a half before I work out , so then you are saying I don't really need the whey as I always have protein in my supper .
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    As long as you have a good intake of (natural, edible, cookable) protein, and you make sure you exercise on an empty stomach - breeze!
  • Colectable93
    Great thanks I will follow this advice .
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    A friend of ours body-builds.
    Try 15 eggs, two whole chickens and a steak or two thrown in when he fancies a high-protein treat - a day .

He uses no protein/whey powders or supplements at all.
    Honest legit.
    His GF won't let him.
    She thinks he's big and muscular enough, and for some reason sees that stuff as 'cheating'.

Hes happy with the way he looks, and loves her too much to go behind her back.

Aw, sweet! :D