JULY Challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
Time to set a new challenge for yourself. Post your challenge in here and update as the month progresses.

Replies

• wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm still on my quest to be at my goal. I did mot make it June, no reason I can't get theirs by end of July.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to get back on track with my eating. No more snack foods as though I can fit them into my calorie intake I tend not to stop eating them and over eat each and every time. I've been afraid to get on the scale again. I'm going to do a Wednesday weigh in though and I think it may jut give me the wake up call I need. Before I weighed everyday and I think I need to get back to that. Good luck everyone, its not easy but we can do it.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I want to ride my bike uphills in my neighborhood.
    I want to stay below my original goal weight.

I am focusing on those two things this month. Got to get used to maintaining. I really don't want to make the weight loss journey again. I'm too old for that :s
  • wandakc
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day!!! Surprisingly I actually made out a menu for the next 3 days, I'm going to start out just a few days at a time. I tend to jump in with both feet then give up. Looking forward to being healthy
  • retirehappy
    Options
    So far I have stayed below my original weight loss and maintained a few less lbs. as well.
    I have gotten to the point on my bike that my legs are ok with the flat riding Now I have to start the hilly training phase. Still got a big part of the month to work on that.

@Ming1951, how is the snacking control going?

@Wandakc, Plan your work and work your plan. After a couple of weeks of planning, you can recycle the previous menus and fill up a month easily. You can do this.
  • wandakc
    Options
    Thanks so much
  • wandakc
    Options
    I have been doing better with planning ahead. Yesterday was an exception, I was out on the lake all day with friends. Looking up smoothie recipes, they are great in the AM .
  • wandakc
    Options
    Weigh In on Friday.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    So far it is so blooming hot here I can not force myself to go do hill training.

At least my weight is still below my goal weight. Fasting has been going well too.

@Wandakc, how did you do with your weigh in today? Is meal planning helping?

@Ming1951, Are you getting your snacking under control? How is your knee coming along?
  • wandakc
    Options
    Slow and Steady ☺️. I've been planning out a menu when I know I'll be home , summer is so busy, I'm sure I can make a regular schedule when life slows down.
  • wandakc
    Options
    Meal planning has been a real asset for continuity
  • retirehappy
    Options
    My hill climbing on a bike challenge was a fail. I only did flat rides and not a lot of them.
    However, I am maintaining my weight loss and I am continuing to fast when I feel like I need a break from eating :).

Be sure to login to the AUGUST challenge!