Mac and cheese recipe wanted

Options
Does anyone have a low cal recipe for mac and cheese please include nutrition info!!! Thanks

Replies

• suetour
    suetour Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My sister uses spaghetti squash with she cooks it and scrapes it out makes a pasta dish with alternating canned tomatoes and lo fat cheese. I suppose you could just add cheese to the hot spaghetti squash to make mac and cheese taste. The spaghetti is really good lo in carbs.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i don't think there really is one. anything with low fat fake cheese is hard on your system. this is a recipe that adds nutrients instead. i don't puree the veggies because i like the chunky stuff. this is for 51 servings.

2 pound Pasta, Macaroni, Elbow, Whole Grain, Dry
    2 gallon Water
    3 ounce Flour, All Purpose
    1-1/2 quart Milk, Lowfat, 2%
    1 tbsp Shallots, Peeled, Fresh, Minced
    1-1/2 tsp Garlic Cloves, Peeled, Fresh, Minced
    3 ounce Butter, Unsalted
    1 cup Cauliflower, Fresh, Florets
    1 cup Squash, Butternut, Fresh, Diced
    8 ounce Carrots, Fresh, Grated
    1/2 tsp Mustard, Dijon
    2-1/4 tsp Salt, Kosher
    1-1/2 tsp Spice, Pepper, Black, Ground
    9 ounce Cheese, Cheddar, Pre-Shredded
    6 ounce Cheese, American, Sharp, Pre-Sliced
    2 ounce Cheese, Parmesan, Grated
    12 ounce Breadcrumbs, Panko, Japanese
    8 ounce Cheese, Cheddar, Pre-Shredded
    2 ounce Butter, Unsalted
    2 ounce Parsley, Italian, Fresh, Chopped
    3 ounce Spinach, Fresh, Chopped
    2 spray (1 sec/spray) Oil, Cooking Spray

1. Cook macaroni pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes until al dente. Drain, cool and reserve.
    2. In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until translucent.
    Add flour to make a roux; cook over medium low heat for about 5 minutes stirring often. Do not allow flour to brown.
    Slowly add milk, whisking to avoid lumps. Bring to a slow simmer.
    3. Add butternut squash, cauliflower, carrots, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and continue to simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Puree with a hand blender and reduce heat to low.
    4. Add cheddar, parmesan and American cheeses, stirring until fully melted. Remove from heat and keep hot.
    5. Melt butter. Combine with panko, cheddar cheese, parsley and spinach. Set aside.
    6. Mix elbow macaroni with cheese sauce.
    Spray hotel or casserole pans with cooking spray, then divide mac and cheese evenly into pans. Top with breadcrumb mixture.
    Bake in 350F degree oven until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, about 20 minutes.

191.15 kcal per 1/2 cup serving
  • sazattack
    sazattack Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not exactly mac and cheese, but I've found this to take the edge off of that comfort food craving... hope it helps!!

http://ourbestbites.com/2008/08/guiltless-alfredo-sauce/