Check In

Options
scottyp65
scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
I'm thinking, and yes it hurts, we should have a discussion thread where we can check-in on a regular basis, what are your thoughts? Seems to me that Accountability is something which works best when done on a consistent and frequent interval, just like exercise. While each of us probably have a different idea on what and how to define regular, I wonder what you all think is a good interval.

For me it is daily.

Replies

• ToothlessJoe
    ToothlessJoe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yeah, for me a higher frequency is better. A little sounding board where people can pop by as often as they need to share success and frustration. My hope is that having a place to rant,cheer,whine,etc. will help us stay on the wagon instead of diving into a bag of cookies.
  • scottyp65
    Options
    @ToothlessJoe absolutely.....now with the 4th behind we can focus for a few weeks:-)
  • Rachelle1489
    Rachelle1489 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Here's my update:

I'm down 2.6 lbs this week (yay!)

But....

I'm also struggling with pain due to degenerative disc disease and have been unable to get any excercise in for 2 days :(
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had a really good stretch of days where I exercised a lot (rode my bike every day for the last 6 days) and was very reasonable with my intake. I'm hoping my next weigh-in on Monday will reflect that!
    @Rachelle1489 sorry about your DDD :( . My wife has it too and it's really bad when it flares up with her. Tried to make her laugh once when I said "That's gotta be a pain in the back to deal with it, huh?" If looks could kill :)
  • ToothlessJoe
    Options
    Update:

I'm down 3.6 lbs in the past 7 days and almost 7 lbs over all. I'm sure there is quite a bit of water weight in there, so hopefully I stabilize a bit in the next week so I can get a good bead on what's really going on.

I've been eating pretty green for about 2 weeks now; there have been lots (well for me) of salads for lunch/dinners and generally healthy snacks when I need them. I've been lucky because both cherries and those cotton candy grapes are in the stores now, so I've been having an easy time just snacking on them when I need it. I've also been cooking a lot of greek food lately. I find greek food to be very flavorful, easy to cook, and especially fitting for summer time.

Overall, I seem to be cruising along pretty well right now, but still get cravings for junk, especially after I put the kids to bed.
  • scottyp65
    Options
    Well I am down a pound or so from the last weigh-in but still 1 above my lowest....so really not a "real" loss. However, I just started back to doing some lifting yesterday!! If I don't over do it I should break through this forever stall I'm on and get back to losing.

@Rachelle1489 I too suffer from some DDD along with stenosis and a host of other issues, mostly brought on by my poor choices and such. I suppose we can just do what we can, and of course this also includes having to be even more aware of what we eat, and don't eat, as we can't just run it off. Fortunately we have the information, and hopefully with this forum some additional support to make it through the rough spots:-)

Glad to see everybody in here too.
  • ToothlessJoe
    Options
    Jumped back up 1lb since yesterday's weigh in - I can't wait until my numbers stabilize. In my head I know that dropping a pound in a day is as unrealistic as gaining a pound in a day, but seeing that scale tick back up just feels bad. Especially when you stay under your daily calorie goal.

I'm sticking with it though.
  • SKINNIME75
    SKINNIME75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to share food/snack ideas that work for you besides fruits and veggies? Exercising is difficult for me due to chronic pain and I'm struggling with staying under my calories. I try to walk my dogs on days I don't work but I need help boosting this weight loss. Thx!
  • ciclamino1
    Options
    SKINNIME75 wrote: »
    Anyone want to share food/snack ideas that work for you besides fruits and veggies?
    If you're not lactose intolerant, almonds, cheese (cubed) and cranberries are my go-to when I crave something sweet.

• chantal_bomhof
    chantal_bomhof Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really well! Have lost 5.2 since I've started using MFP again...about 2 or so of those lbs due to this challenge! Been eating better and working out is not a chore it's fun!

I still need work on controlling my fat and sodium intake and looking for more ways to incorporate veggies into meals! I noticed I actually like carrots :)
  • Rachelle1489
    Rachelle1489 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to share food/snack ideas that work for you besides fruits and veggies? Exercising is difficult for me due to chronic pain and I'm struggling with staying under my calories. I try to walk my dogs on days I don't work but I need help boosting this weight loss. Thx!

I struggle with chronic pain too. You should check out blogilates on youtube, alot of the workouts require very little movement but still give you a great workout, I LOVE them!

As far as food goes, my favorite low calorie meals are made just by switching out one ingredient for another. Like substituting spaghetti squash for pasta, or replacing bread with lettuce (today I had a lettuce wrapped burger for lunch, no bun=way less calories) I definitely agree with @ciclamino1 cheese and almonds are great for snacking.
  • scottyp65
    Options

My wife and I eat a fair amount of Pecans, some mozzarella cheese sticks, and peperoni for high density snacks.

• scottyp65
    Options
    Well friends, I am really stuck at my current weight, and REALLY want to get down 3lbs before August! I will need to do something different to lose this weight.... I am currently 282.6 and want to see 279!
  • SKINNIME75
    Options
    Scotty since I'm from Wisconsin I'm all about those cheese sticks!
  • SKINNIME75
    Options
    The scale finally moved.... Down 1.5 today!!
  • ciclamino1
    Options
    Checked in at 224! Down almost 6lbs since last week of June :smiley:
  • ciclamino1
    Options
    If anyone is still in search of an accountability partner let me know. I think the one I was working with is not doing this any longer.
  • ToothlessJoe
    Options
    The scale finally moved.... Down 1.5 today!!

Congrats!!
    ciclamino1 wrote: »
    If anyone is still in search of an accountability partner let me know. I think the one I was working with is not doing this any longer.

I'm game.
  • ToothlessJoe
    Options
    It's been a while since I checked in, but I've been a good boy with my eatince since the last one. Today makes 3 whole weeks of logging and I've managed to stay at or under my calorie goal every single day. I've also been eating a lot (for me) of veggies, and am averaging at least 1 salad every day. I'm hoping for some good news when I do my weigh in tomorrow morning!
  • scottyp65
    Options
    Well I had a run-in with my FAVORITE Mexican Buffet..... Turns out I didn't do any measureable harm other than slow my weight loss to a STOP. Which is exactly what I need to do with regards to submarining my efforts by going to the buffet in the first place! Oh well I am hopeful that the Friday weigh-in will be good.

Hey FWIW, I sure am glad to see others checking in and all...........THX