Angel2111
Angel2111 Posts: 7 Member
I don't know what to take to the pool to eat :(

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Carr's water biscuits. :p

Really?

How about cheese, parma ham, salame, cold chicken, cold beef, pork scratchings. cottage cheese, olives, almonds, hard-boiled eggs, coleslaw made with paleo mayonnaise, tuna salad, pickles, pork ribs.

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,621 Member
    Are you having a meal there? For me anyway, I have had to get out of the event=event_snack mindset.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    When I pack my family for the pool, I bring myself some cold cuts, cheese, pickles, almonds, olives, cherry tomatoes, etc.
    I've even made some fathead pizza dough into flat bread and used it as sandwich bread. Makes a mean blt!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    If I were for some odd reason having a meal at the pool, I suppose I would take some of the items suggested by @CRZYFTM. Good choices. The pool isn't generally a place I choose to eat. I basically like to keep food inconvenient except for mealtime. I rather enjoy the freedom from food and fortunately don't have a health need that requires frequent eating.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I'm thinking OP might be spending the whole day at the pool (keeps a family busy and cool during a holiday) or has kids in competition. I used to work at a pool when I was younger and those were common situations. Suggestions made above are what I'd do too. Bring a handy little cooler with ice packs if it's an outdoor pool.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Not something I do but there's always the Dr. Jason Fung solution. Don't know what to take to eat at the pool? Fast!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I don't do the pool, but my beach cooler contains lots of water, sandwiches for the family members that want them, carl budding packet meats, several varieties of cubed cheese, fruit and nut bars, and some kind of fresh fruit, usually grapes or cherries.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    I suggest we suspend responses. The OP last booked in a week ago. I reckon she's been to the pool already.

;)