Attempting 0 carb/meat only and looking for buddies

Options
4031isaiah
4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
Digestive issues are what drew me to LCHF and then Keto. I already don't do dairy, grains, legumes or sugar and yet the digestive issues were not easing up. I did some research and have decided to take it one step further... I'm going to give meat and eggs only a try for 1 month.

Until now, I've been eating eggs, meat, veggies, some fruit coconut oil and some butter (which I can tolerate sporadically - as long as I avoid creamy dairy like yogurt, milk, cream, sour cream etc).

So this shouldn't be too much of a stretch except that I'm a gardener and am currently growing strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots and peppers, which I love and will miss just because it's here and I don't like to waste.

If there is anyone out there already doing this or would like to give it a try with me, please let me know. I'm really hoping it will be the final piece to the puzzle for solving digestive issues and kickstarting long awaited weight loss.

Christie.

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I am a devotee of vegetables. I can't seem to get my head round not eating any at all, and I DO love my cheeses, cream, yoghurt and Kefir!
    I would love to join you, but as things stand at present, I can't see myself being able to do it. Maybe in a month or so. I'll give it a try.
    Keep on keeping on though - you have my full encouragement, support and heartfelt wish that your 'digestive issues' are resolved once and for all. Please do keep us posted.
    The more positive reports relayed back, the more I will be inclined to try it for myself! (In the meantime, I'll have your veggies!! :D )
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    There is a meativore/carnivore forum that was started in May (I think). Someone will provide you the link @FIT_Goat
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I am a devotee of vegetables. I can't seem to get my head round not eating any at all, and I DO love my cheeses, cream, yoghurt and Kefir!
    I would love to join you, but as things stand at present, I can't see myself being able to do it. Maybe in a month or so. I'll give it a try.
    Keep on keeping on though - you have my full encouragement, support and heartfelt wish that your 'digestive issues' are resolved once and for all. Please do keep us posted.
    The more positive reports relayed back, the more I will be inclined to try it for myself! (In the meantime, I'll have your veggies!! :D )

I love cheese, sour cream, ice cream, cream cheese and butter as well. Avoiding it is not my choice. Same with veggies. I have a garden and grow my own because I love them. I was even a vegetarian for many years.

My dietary restrictions are not voluntary. They are my attempts at being able to have a happy and regular digestive system. Trying out a meat only diet is a desperate last resort. If it solves my problems, I will happily stick to it for life.

If you don't have a reason to cut out dairy and veggies and you love them, I don't see why you shouldn't keep enjoying them. I would of I could.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love veggies too but they don't love me.
    I'm zero carb for that reason.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I am back on zero carb, have only been back on it for 2 weeks and already feeling brilliant - am not giving it up again as I am loving it. There is also a good website that gives some good information it's called zerocarbzen - https://zerocarbzen.com/.

There are also some people that still include dairy - I do still have cream and occasionally cheese but mostly eat only meat

For some people this WOE works brilliantly
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Thanks for the website, I'll check it out.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP! You can do this! I hope the change gets you the relief you need!
  • wozy46
    wozy46 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been zero carb for 10 weeks. I've had bits of cheese now and then, but mostly just eat meat, some eggs, and drink water. I feel much better. After an initial quick drop in weight, I'm down to about 1 lb a month. I'm assuming that lots of healing is going on in my body and hopefully after that's done more weight loss will follow.

Come join us over at the Carnivore Club group!
  • 4031isaiah
    edited July 2017
    Options
    wozy46 wrote: »
    I've been zero carb for 10 weeks. I've had bits of cheese now and then, but mostly just eat meat, some eggs, and drink water. I feel much better. After an initial quick drop in weight, I'm down to about 1 lb a month. I'm assuming that lots of healing is going on in my body and hopefully after that's done more weight loss will follow.

Thanks! I already tried to join the group but haven't been allowed in yet.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

Sorry about that. I have been up in New England for a funeral and wasn't checking for applications. You should be in now. Again, sorry for the delay. I try and stay on top of it.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I love veggies and fruit. Which always seems to amaze people. They assume I eat the way I do because I hate plant foods. Nope, I love them. They just destroy me.
  • 4031isaiah
    edited July 2017
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »

Sorry about that. I have been up in New England for a funeral and wasn't checking for applications. You should be in now. Again, sorry for the delay. I try and stay on top of it.

No need to apologize. I wasn't trying to call anyone out. Thanks for letting me in. I'll go and have a look soon. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I love veggies and fruit. Which always seems to amaze people. They assume I eat the way I do because I hate plant foods. Nope, I love them. They just destroy me.

It's amazing to me to hear how many people have this issue. I would never have suspected veggies in a million years. Maybe that's why it's taken me 8 to figure it out.

Thanks @Sunny_Bunny_ for sharing your story or I'd still be trying to get in all of my "required" servings of veggies and fibre.

Today is only day 2. Hopefully relief is on it's way.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    edited July 2017
    Options

I have applied too. I Tried to elaborate in my application reason, but number of characters is limited. I'm not in the slightest bit cynical, but 61 years of 'omnivoring' have made some ideas pretty entrenched. Not that it's a bad thing; after all, as a good ol' Italian gal, I no longer touch pasta, rice or bread! (Or potatoes, come to that....) So that's not to say I'm a lost cause....!

PS: I too send my condolences and best wishes.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    I've also come across 'Blood Group' Dietary recommendations... Honestly, I think sometimes we can find too MUCH information!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options

No need to apologize. I wasn't trying to call anyone out. Thanks for letting me in. I'll go and have a look soon. I'm sorry for your loss.

I know. I just try and keep up on it. I hate the delay with private groups, but it is a necessary evil.

I have applied too. I Tried to elaborate in my application reason, but number of characters is limited. I'm not in the slightest bit cynical, but 61 years of 'omnivoring' have made some ideas pretty entrenched. Not that it's a bad thing; after all, as a good ol' Italian gal, I no longer touch pasta, rice or bread! (Or potatoes, come to that....) So that's not to say I'm a lost cause....!

PS: I too send my condolences and best wishes.

You are in. Thanks, it was my wife's side of the family. I am playing a supportive role in this drama.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ^^ Thanks! ^^ I'll pop in after I've done my grocery shopping...

Onions
    Salad
    Tomatoes
    Spinach
    Courgettes
    Carrots
    Broccoli
    Asparagus

Eggs
    Cheese
    MEAT!!

I won't be long, as you can see!!