Keto and Fainting?

2»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Whew. I thought he was going to tell us to chug the entire quart of briny brew on the way to work....
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    One thing I didn't see mentioned here in terms of low blood sugar is that when you become fully keto adapted, having very low blood sugar is not an issue. There are multiple studies showing fully keto adapted people with blood sugars in the 30's and 40's without experiencing any hypoglycemic effects.

That said, if you have only been eating this way for about 2 weeks, you may not be fully keto adapted and the alcohol could have dropped your BG too low since alcohol will stop gluconeogenesis and you were not taking in any carbs. If you were like some of us who have high BG to start, it might just have brought it to normal levels. However, if you had a very healthy BG to start, that drop might have put you too low.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    You belong in med school, @cstehansen!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Whew. I thought he was going to tell us to chug the entire quart of briny brew on the way to work....

LOL, I think that would last me a year.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I've purchased mine from Amazon but I'm in the US.

Check the Launch Pad for recipes to make electrolyte drinks at home. I don't like the taste of salt and find the tablets easiest for me.