Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d - love the EastFork dishes! I have a 'cheap' blue and white set from Ikea that I have loved for a while but the dinner plates are all chipped and need to be replaced so I am looking too.
    Like @rheddmobile I have inherited a set or two of beautiful dishes. My Great Grandmother's set are a beautiful, simple, geometric pattern in green and gold on ivory (Monaco Haviland pattern) but I am pretty sure they have lead in them and they definitely can't go in the microwave or dishwasher so not really very practical. I have 2 of the larger platters out that I have used on holidays as serving dishes. The rest are packed away in a box. Not sure what I will ever do with them other than maybe see if they can be sold as replacement pieces. Same with the many sets of sterling silverware that I have inherited.

Olympics coverage is on NBC if you have a local TV connection. It is streaming here. I went in and set up recordings (on our cable DVR) everyday (much of it is repeated at least over the weekends) and then we can watch when we want and fast forward through what we aren't interested in.

@CMorning99 - I hope you can get the damaged items fixed. Most companies seem pretty willing to fix things and/or make it right it is just such a hassle to chase everything down.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d Sounds like procrastination eating to me, if you aren't stressed. You can't work on your paper if you are busy eating. Hope you managed to get the paper done. Sorry you aren't feeling rested, even after you sleep. Could that be from the depression? Yeah for progress with Alex's account. Those East Fork dishes are really pretty.

@rheddmobile I think you are right about the demitasse cup. I had to look it up to see what it was. LOL
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo I think I am stress eating, I have the last writing assignment to get done and am procrastinating. I am not stressed about it, but must be. I am tired not matter how much I nap or sleep. I noted it for the counselor visit Wednesday. I am going to start logging food again. I think I am okay with adding my food to Alex's account. I deleted 2,000 old emails of his yesterday all junk solicitations, dominos, games, etc. That is progress, being able to sift through and let go.

I bought a set of dishes.
    Just one placement. Dh wouldn't let me get more since it was expensive. Mind you he spend 200+ on headphones because he sat on his; I offered mine to replace them but they weren't good enough ($50 ones), and another couple hundred on saddle bags for his bike... Fine. Every summer Ill just buy a new one place setting and have various seasonal colors. I can wait to get them in. so a shameless plug for East Fork. I got the on sale Taro color. I have a few mugs that are green, blue and my awesome brick red one broke; so sad...
    I love mixing dish colors! Ours are various shades of green and blue, with a set of random bowls in fancy patterns. The deep green eastfork is my favorite.

My husband and I inherited a enormous set of really expensive, really boring floral pastel china from the 1910 era, and lived with it for a decade before deciding we liked inexpensive but fun tableware and swapping it out often. So now we get inexpensive sets from Target or Amazon and donate the old whenever we get bored. Meanwhile the expensive set is in padded bags in case it ever comes back into fashion. It’s got things like soup plates, handled soup bowls, and demitasse cups. I don’t think most people today have ever seen a demitasse cup, much less had a use for a set of 12 of them.

Dh took me to an antique shop a months ago to look for a chair to go with an old writing desk I have, I think it is about 120 years old and they had huge sets of china. I can't imagine ever needing a set, but one had a green oriental theme an I almost begged for it. But then I'd need a china cabinet. I still dont have a chair for the desk, it is in an odd place and an I am not sure what to do with it. It needs some TLC and I thought about selling it. I want to make the breakfast room into a (very small) sitting room and need a few comfy chairs and a table... I am trying not to get into project mode, I gotta get this last paper done. But, I feel it coming on LOL! anyway, the desk may work in the breakfast room at some point. DH is going back to work full time come august, so I could perhaps move it there...

The dark green east fork coffee mug is my fav next to the red one. I wouldn't have chosen the taro color on its own, but it was all about half price, averaging $25 a piece (awesome sauce!)

a me update...
    I am so tired the last few days. Sleep 10 hours, nap 3 hours.. just zapped. PCP appointment tomorrow (yes, it is the one I thought was last weeks and I showed up and I was a week early). I may bring it up. But I have been accused all my life of being an olympian sleeper.
    Pains and jerks are still better. I had to switch from tea to Red Bull to wake up... horrible.

hope everyone is well.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Definitely bring up being tired after that much sleep to your PCP @rheddmobile ! Even if it isn't anything, he/she should be aware of it.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Another typical weekend for me. I didn't get as much done as I wanted, spent a lot of time talking to neighbors and folks interested in the horse trailer. Good news! The horse trailer is gone! I ended up selling it for $13K. I found mom's old receipt for it and she paid $15K 10 years ago...but I vaguely remember a story about how she got a steal on it...I think she did, she bought it when it was 3 yrs old and new they run about $28K. I think it is a fair price and it is gone. That money is going to pay for the dump trailer I picked up for $8,500 (probably NOT a steal LOL) but it is hydraulic and easy to pull. It should also cover the gravel pad going down this week. They couldn't find crushed asphalt so no experiment on if squirrels will leave that alone. In time, like in 5-8 years I will probably put permanent structure up there with an asphalt floor anyway. I worked on emptying the house again, I figured since I had muscle to empty the storage unit I had planned on working on and it is all junk and does not require supervision, I would work in the house where it requires a more discriminating touch LOL. I got the bathroom completely done and 1.5 storage bedrooms. I have a 100+ year old fold out secretary desk on FB now...it is so cute and it was my grandma's but I have been thinking about it, and I have no use for it. I am filling 1 bedroom with all the "keep stuff" and it is filling quickly LOL. Mostly transitory stuff, stuff too good to toss, but not urgent.

Speaking of dishes... O.M.G...I threw out so much again. I feel bad and feel like I should do more research but I really don't think my family had anything super valuable. I have found so many bits and pieces of dish sets. Some of the bigger sets I have put aside, perhaps if I get the motivation for a yard sale. A lot of it looks like post war mass production stuff.

I put the 5th wheel on FB too...not a lot of interest. It needs probably $10K of work, but if you but in the effort, you could have a $30K trailer... I am thinking if it does not sell this week, I will pay to put new tires on it and drop the price to the cost of the tires. I just want it gone.

I have to make a decision on the well location this week. There are some dry spots that only get 1 gpm and 50ft away, you get 30 gpm. I have been harassing my neighbor for the number to the water witcher they used...ugh. She also said she found a map of water tables, but didnt know where.

I stopped counting calories, and I feel so puffy today. I couldn't get on the scale. Trying again.

Busy week at work...so I guess I need to earn my paycheck.

• swenson19d
    Options
    @swenson19d Sounds like procrastination eating to me, if you aren't stressed. You can't work on your paper if you are busy eating. Hope you managed to get the paper done. Sorry you aren't feeling rested, even after you sleep. Could that be from the depression? Yeah for progress with Alex's account. Those East Fork dishes are really pretty.

IDK what it is exactly. It is definitely some sort of procrastination stress. But I don't know why. The nursing program uses that deadline stress with tons of assignments as motivation, perhaps I need to procrastinate to find the motivation, maybe I need the challenge and am stressed just waiting for the clock to wind down. It's due tomorrow and I have 2 pages left to write. I should finish it today if I can keep focused. I think I get bored too easily. The last 3 days have been about 3000 calories/day. ugh. horrible. I am kinda over the sleepy state. Made myself walk out in the yard yesterday thinking it just needed to move a bit.

I was invited to some honor society thing, it looked legit, I joined. but think it maybe something dumb. Its the "National Society of Leadership and Success". Anyone know if its junk. It looks like it is actually endorsed by the university and has a chapter... but online it can look like anything.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @CMorning99 You did have a busy and productive weekend. My mom has an old fold out desk that I want. Not sure what I will do with it and the lid needs some work, but I love that old, simple, little desk.

@swenson19d I hope you can find the motivation to get the paper done today. Glad the walk helped some. I have never heard of that group you joined. Who knows.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Urg. Can't stop over eating. Can't outrun the calories. A bit stressed here.

We're getting the house ready to be listed so loads of cleaning and clearing out (minor compared to what you're tackling @CMorning99 ).

I spent six hours after my race on Sunday in the girls' bedrooms. A big pile of stuff for the charity shop and about three huge bags of rubbish - mostly art and other 'creations', used colouring books, broken toys, and anything I could sneak in there when they weren't looking.

I then had to scrub every surface (except the ceiling) to remove the finger marks, the pen and pencil marks, the stickers, the sticky bit when the sticker is gone but the stick remains, the sellotape, the blu-tack. Twas a mission, to say the least. But it's done, and they're under strict instructions not to make a mess for the next month!

The house is being photographed later this week, so if it lasts that long, we're winning. I'm currently procrastinating as I now have to tackle our bedroom. Fortunately, the walls won't need cleaning, but it still needs a thorough tidy and clean.

Bathrooms are done but will still require 'styling' before the shoot - i.e. put away all the bottles of potions and lotions. So that just leaves the living areas. Fortunately, they too are pretty tidy, just need a thorough clean.

I've decided to reward myself by styling with a bunch of new pot plants - orchids and lovely leafy things - so will head to the garden centre as a treat when I'm done cleaning.

So that's the current house. The new build is progressing without too many issues, but I do have to book a landscaper to chat about the lawn and garden, and also curtains, which will be stressful because my husband will say "how much?" when I tell him that nice curtains cost many thousands of dollars.

I can't wait until we've moved and life can calm down a bit. Roll on November...
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Sounds like you had a very busy weekend too. Deep cleaning is something I do NOT enjoy at all. I had forgotten that you were building a new house. How far away is it from your current location? New plants sound like a great reward for getting everything done.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Sounds like you had a very busy weekend too. Deep cleaning is something I do NOT enjoy at all. I had forgotten that you were building a new house. How far away is it from your current location? New plants sound like a great reward for getting everything done.

Just a 25 minute drive, so not too far.

I've just been told that it's about $30,000 to drill a bore. That's a lot of landscaping money on a hole in the ground. What a bore!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Is that bore hole to find water for the lawn or the house? That seems like a lot! That's not too far away. Will the girls have to change schools?
  • ContraryMaryMary
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Is that bore hole to find water for the lawn or the house? That seems like a lot! That's not too far away. Will the girls have to change schools?

Yes, the bore would be for the lawn/garden. At that price, given the amount of rain Auckland gets, I don’t think it’s worth it. For a lot less we could buy a very large tank and collect rainwater off the shed roof.

Yes, the girls will change schools - they’re only at primary and will go to the local country school.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Yes. A rain barrel sounds much more financially sound. I hope the girls are okay with changing schools.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d I'm starting to think somethings gone wrong. No movement in 2 weeks sigh. Flight should have landed by now lol
  • swenson19d
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @swenson19d I'm starting to think somethings gone wrong. No movement in 2 weeks sigh. Flight should have landed by now lol

I dont get why I was told 10-15 days for delivery... horrible. maybe it was bumped since it wasn't a priority shipment.
  • swenson19d
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary I am on a runaway binge too. You have a lot going on, I'd sum it up to stress eating. When you figure out how to break it, let me know. I am guessing that the bore is what we call a well. They are quite expensive and usually are good enough to use for drinking water. It does sound unreasonable for lawn care though, unless that's in the budget. Not here, most can't wait for the heat so the lawn dies back and no more mowing and care. Although my retired neighbor is out 630AM -9/10 daily taking care of his yard with automatic sprinklers. To each his own.

I am up too early again...
    Dang Cori and his 4 am routine of meowing, I tossed his butt out and went back to bed but was too hot to sleep. It's 66F in here, so it must be all the ice cream and cookies I ate, and menopausal symptoms. I let Bear out at 5 and he comes back immediately knocking at the door wanting me to go find Cori... jeez man. So now I wake the dogs who are barking at the things only dogs can hear. In trying to find Cori, I flash the light in this large snowball bush which elicits a rattle... great. I tell Bear that there is a SNAKE BITE, he runs for the porch. Thank goodness, He's in now. I kicked Cori out again with the dogs, frickn' pest. naps today, after my self-care botox appt. I also phoned for a coolsculpting appt to remove some o the cookies lol! Perhaps it'll motivate me to get back on track.

PCP's PA visit yesterday went fine.
    I forgot everything I wanted to talk about, hormones, wrist pain, etc, after the nurse asked the routing questions regarding current meds and one of the three depression screening questions she ran out to get a form... I think I am gonna start lying. I had to take an assessment, which stirs up all my tears. oh well. Got my med adjusted. Still not done with the paper due today, but I think I lack a page or two, no big deal.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks!

Another day! I really need to buckle down at work. I spent all day researching water flows and wells. @contrarymarymary I just got a quote too for $29K for a well hole...not even the pump or pressure tanks...just a hole in the ground. I am getting a second quote with a company who does it all, hole, pump, solar...the first company only digs holes. I was lamenting on FB about commitment issues on deciding where to dig said $30K hole and as usual (I am starting to not be surprised anymore) One of mom's friends who she used to surf with in the '60's is a local life time geologist who specializes in water....of course.

Yesterday was a rather unproductive day overall though. I skipped my run, ate leftover pizza for the 3rd night in a row, and actually sat on the couch for 2 hours and talked to a friend. I did work on my business though. I have made enough this month to make an extra car payment.

Today I need to focus on work work a bit. There is still one process that I don't get and the primary is content to just to do it all herself...except she isn't supposed to be the primary with me here. I am also going to reset passwords to change 2 bill addresses. I have just been guessing on the total due (over guessing) so I might as well get that together.

I have my meeting with the county at 9...$1,600 for them to tell me what I have to do to split the property.

I am going to the commissary for lunch and going to buy some good stuff, maybe look up an easy recipe I can make for dinner. Probably get a burrito too for lunch.

Guess who has NOT called yet...yeah, the car place. If she doesn't call today I am going to assume it is a no go.

I may have a buyer for the POS 5th wheel...I told him he could pay me to replace the tires, or do it himself and it is free. I am so DONE! Hopefully he calls soon.

Tracking calories and all, going to try and get out for at least a walk! And do some pushups. I have PT for my shoulder tomorrow.

Oh and that stupid treadmill quote, I have to counter that before they assume I accepted their terms.

• Avidkeo
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »

I dont get why I was told 10-15 days for delivery... horrible. maybe it was bumped since it wasn't a priority shipment.

Yeah I've done some googling and it sounds like this isn't uncommon. Packages seem to arrive but can be months. Will wait and see haha
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Well eating is a bit more controlled. Not as well as I'd like but better than it was. DH is on board to help me as much as he can so that's good. I'm was on angio yesterday, so lots of sitting/standing and doing not much moving. Same again tomorrow. Today in on admin, so sitting most of the day. Sigh. Its good to have admin days but I hate the sitting around lol.

• quilteryoyo
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @CMorning99 You have so much going on. I hope you can at least get your car fixed and give the 5th wheel away.

@swenson19d Your cats are hilarious. I always make a list of things to talk to the PCP about, so I don't forget anything. Maybe next time you could do that. Hope the medication change helps.

@Avidkeo Glad your eating is getting better and DH is helping. That's nice to hear.