Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo thoughts with you today.

@swenson19d glad counselling went well. I take notes too because I forget everything after.

@ContraryMaryMary oh I wish I had PMS ad an excuse haha. Fueling for a race is the perfect excuse.

I'm doing OK. Been on track for the last few days. Which is good,i feel better and less in a fog when I don't eat so much sugar.

Things at home continue to go well. We are still talking and communicating. He's done some reading about communication and had shared some stuff with me. And he made a joke about whether I'll still be with him at the end of next month. Jokes are good cause it means we are moving past it. As I said to the counsellor, my only fear is we go back to how it used to be. She suggested that we check in once a month.

We are having a family trip away this weekend, to the neighbouring town over night. And we have planned a family holiday to Auckland in December. So we are future planning again.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,001 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you and DH are working things out @Avidkeo ! Thanks for the thoughts.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Thoughts are with you, I think so many of us here in this group fully understand what you are going through. Glad you took the day, no pressure, just do what you need to do. I imagine I will do similar, although Mom died the day after thanksgiving...is that a holiday too? Seems it should be.

Shoulder appt went as expected...3 min of oh yeah, you cant move your arm...go get some xrays, do you want some motrin? and here is a referral to PT. I saw a PA...he was only an O-2 which I thought was odd, most folks coming out with a medical degree of sort come in as an O-3. Shoulder ached so much after xrays.

Ate a 3lb burrito for lunch...no idea how or where it went LOL I guess that is all there is to say about that!

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @CMorning99 . I hate when you take a lot of time to see the doctor and are in and out in 3 minutes. Hardly seems worth the effort. Hope the PT will help. I'd love a 3 lb burrito today!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    Eating all the things today. Telling myself I’m fueling for my race on Sunday but know I’m simply indulging my PMT cravings.

Recovery and fuel! Did you eat donuts? I swear I thought of eating them and really don(u)t care for them much. You're gonna have to "share" all the things you ate, I need exposed to new things ;)

hovbe7uqdo6g.jpeg

I was testing a recipe as I have to make my sister’s 50th birthday cake in a couple of weeks. This was good.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    Options
    Sending a big hugs @quilteryoyo. Losing a husband must be so difficult.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Thank you. That cake looks scrumptious!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Eating all the things today. Telling myself I’m fueling for my race on Sunday but know I’m simply indulging my PMT cravings.

Recovery and fuel! Did you eat donuts? I swear I thought of eating them and really don(u)t care for them much. You're gonna have to "share" all the things you ate, I need exposed to new things ;)

hovbe7uqdo6g.jpeg

I was testing a recipe as I have to make my sister’s 50th birthday cake in a couple of weeks. This was good.

That's beautiful!!
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I like the prayer. I’ll copy it down. I can’t believe another year has already rolled around. Dh wanted to use Alex’s dresser to put stuff in and made a quip about it being a shrine… erm yes it is and no you can not take a single thing out of it, ever. I have small places around the house that collect bits of him. I am glad you had the day. I love the idea of the burial. I have a spot in the front were I separated ashes to keep from those that went to the cemetery. Dh was aghast when I spilled it. A part of him is always out front, waiting for me to sit with him on the porch under the cherry tree where the ever praying baby Buddha sits. Anyway, I am glad you have your spot, it is meaningful.

@Avidkeo enjoy your vacation!

I ate so much today. Wasn’t even hungry, just ate and ate… I tried getting outside early to trim some trees and I was not having it. It was only 83F but 78% humidity. I hope it doesn’t rain, I forgot to bring my chainsaw back up… I was too tired to carry it (electric). I napped and watched Netflix all day. Dd went with me to pick up the Walmart order then asked me to take her to get her COVID vaccination in the afternoon. She’s spent a lot of time with me lately… idk y. It’s nice though. We get tea from HteaO (H2O but tea) as a treat.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - I love the poem and that the butterfly stayed with you the entire time you were out! I tend to think of the people I have lost as birds. Don't know why but I always felt like they were there flying above me or watching and singing from a tree. I hope your memories helped you through the day.
    @swenson19d - sounds like the counseling appointment went pretty well. I haven't thought about biofeedback in a long time. My brother used for chronic pain after his car accident. I helped some I think.
    About the restaurants - I think a lot of them are closed or open only limited hours because of covid. People still aren't going out they way they used too, especially in areas that depend on tourism. Now with the new variant causing the infection rates to go up so high here again people are even less likely to go out. Even though we are vaccinated we wore masks whenever we were inside - so walking through the hotel, or going into Starbucks. The wine tasting was all outside, so no masks needed there.
    @Avidkeo - so glad things are going better and that you are future planning! I am sure as things settle you will get back to eating better too.
    @CMorning99 - I hope you get some relief from your shoulder. When I had mine the PT really helped. It did take some time before I got full range of motion back though.
    @ContraryMaryMary - that cake looks beautiful and delicious! Is it strawberry?

Yesterday we ended up getting Italian - wasn't the choice either of us wanted. Mine was supposed to be with a very light sauce which it was but it was so spicy and I wasn't expecting that. Dh had lasagna and I had a bite of his and found it really salty. He thought it was fine so it was probably just me. The best part of the dinner was the salad I had with mine. So this morning I ordered an omelet for breakfast. Wanted veggie, thinking it would be spinach, mushrooms, etc. and it ended up being tomato and so much green pepper. I am not a big fan of tomato anyway and really don't like warmed up slimy bits of them, so I picked as much as I could out. I ate popcorn in the car and fortunately we had leftover grilled chicken for when we got home. I made a huge salad and fresh melon to go with it. One of my favorite summer dinners.

• ContraryMaryMary
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary - that cake looks beautiful and delicious! Is it strawberry?

Vanilla cake with strawberry jam and vanilla buttercream. The recipe is sound but for the birthday I’m going to use boysenberry jam - I think the stronger flavor will work better.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks!

I still have not decided what to do with Mom's ashes. As of now, she is sitting on a bookshelf in her house next to her Mom and husband....DH says we should get a gawdy urn and put her on the mantel just so he could still be the obnoxious son-in-law LOL Those two were hilarious together. He would call her Endora (the mother-in-law from Bewitched) and they would play off of that. Such good memories.

Yesterday again was not a bad day. I didn't even track calories, but I don't think I was way over maintenance. Obviously the burrito, which I just put it in at 1,000 calories and I wasn't hungry for dinner but ended up toasting a pile of tater-tots and ended up with a belly ache. I am in a really self comfort mood. Not sure if it is PMS or just a "sad" day. I skipped my run, I used the excuse of bubble guts, but they really weren't that bad and I was lazy. I worked on reselling for a bit, I still have such a huge backlog. But guess who finally called me! The car place! She was still a bit snotty but she said she found the part and it was a few hundred dollars...normally I would question that, but it is an Audi soooooo. She also said it would be a "few hours work"....when I took it in the first time the guy said 45 min. I am thinking this lady is not qualified to work at a mechanics. But allegedly I am to hear today when the part will be in and we are penciled in for Thursday to fix it. I am keeping my dealership appt till it is fixed though.

I also got another inquiry for the horse trailer, thankfully never heard back from the "dealer". I like on FB marketplace I can see their profiles and this seems to be a horse family and the wife reached out to me. She has been looking for a trailer since Apr, a smaller one but it seems they are hard to find. She is coming over today at 6pm to see it. I also have the well appt at 5pm. It is going to be a long day. The guy selling the dump trailer called me back and for whatever reason sold me the trailer to me after saying the other person wanted it...something about when he was going to pick it up...it didn't make sense. I need to get it on Saturday morning. That will be useful so I am not complaining. Maybe Mom intervened LOL

But as busy as the day is, food is going to be sus and exercise not happening. So frustrating. And I am hungry this morning! Also excited for the Olympics...I need to find where it is being streamed.

TGIF

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @CMorning99 “a few hours work” means “It’ll take about 45 minutes… when we get to it.”

My new car needs a few things done and the place to do it, which I trust implicitly as they have gotten me out of several bad deals in the past, doesn’t make appointments at all! And they say they are backed up. I am gonna have to hitch a ride with my mom’s housekeeper back out to the farm, pick up my mom’s car again, and leave mine for who knows how long.

We have probably found someone to take my mom’s mares. Our farrier was out to trim feet and said “oh, I love Zoe, I would take her in a heartbeat.” We said, well, Frieda and she are really herdbound and have been together for years, we are wanting someone who won’t separate them, and Frieda is mostly lame and retired. The farrier’s wife had come with him and said, let’s take Frieda too! Getting together some references just to be sure but I think it is going to happen.

In other news, the horse trailer which we also need to sell is…. Full of wasps!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - yay for finding someone to take the mares! Not sure if it will work for the wasps you have but we get them frequently under our eaves. They go quiet when the sun sets so dh will spray their nests after the sun has gone down and after a few days to make sure none ar returning he can knock them down and get rid of them.

@CMorning99 - my thought was similar to @rheddmobile's but made me also wonder if they gave you an estimate for the cost. Telling you a few hours plus the cost of the part could get expensive fast!
  • swenson19d
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @CMorning99 If you find out how to watch the olympics let me know. I love them. We have 3 channels I think, but only watch Netflix, Hulu, amazon prime and now Apple TV.

@rheddmobile We have had good luck with the wasp and hornet spray for the red and yellow wasps. Spray and run like the wind! Who knew you were in training for wasp spraying. I admit, I thought you had a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant problem for a sec... 😂
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Got my offer back for my damaged house hold goods. They gave me full value for 2 items, said 1 item was cheap and wasn't their fault it broke, and said I need to provide quotes to fix the treadmill...great, one more thing to add to my to-do list. I might just start laughing hysterically at this point.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I made it though yesterday okay. Just keeping up my tradition with John. I think someone on here suggested it was my yearly date last year. I like that.

@swenson19d I hate those days when I just eat when I'm not hungry. Usually, those are days that I feel I am looking for the one thing to satisfy me and it isn't in the house. LOL

@shanaber Sorry your food choices didn't turn out to be what you expected. You were a lot better than I would probably have been. Italian is one of my downfalls.

@CMorning99 Sounds like you are getting things done. Being that busy, it's really hard to fit in wanted exercise. Hopefully things will calm down a bit soon and you can get back into it. I had forgotten you had damage from the movers! Crazy. Getting quotes to fix the treadmill is probably going to be hard. Are there people who come to you home for that sort of thing?

Good news about finding someone to take your mom's mares @rheddmobile . How does she feel about letting them go?

• swenson19d
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I think I am stress eating, I have the last writing assignment to get done and am procrastinating. I am not stressed about it, but must be. I am tired not matter how much I nap or sleep. I noted it for the counselor visit Wednesday. I am going to start logging food again. I think I am okay with adding my food to Alex's account. I deleted 2,000 old emails of his yesterday all junk solicitations, dominos, games, etc. That is progress, being able to sift through and let go.

I bought a set of dishes.
    Just one placement. Dh wouldn't let me get more since it was expensive. Mind you he spend 200+ on headphones because he sat on his; I offered mine to replace them but they weren't good enough ($50 ones), and another couple hundred on saddle bags for his bike... Fine. Every summer Ill just buy a new one place setting and have various seasonal colors. I can wait to get them in. so a shameless plug for East Fork. I got the on sale Taro color. I have a few mugs that are green, blue and my awesome brick red one broke; so sad...
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I think I am stress eating, I have the last writing assignment to get done and am procrastinating. I am not stressed about it, but must be. I am tired not matter how much I nap or sleep. I noted it for the counselor visit Wednesday. I am going to start logging food again. I think I am okay with adding my food to Alex's account. I deleted 2,000 old emails of his yesterday all junk solicitations, dominos, games, etc. That is progress, being able to sift through and let go.

I bought a set of dishes.
    Just one placement. Dh wouldn't let me get more since it was expensive. Mind you he spend 200+ on headphones because he sat on his; I offered mine to replace them but they weren't good enough ($50 ones), and another couple hundred on saddle bags for his bike... Fine. Every summer Ill just buy a new one place setting and have various seasonal colors. I can wait to get them in. so a shameless plug for East Fork. I got the on sale Taro color. I have a few mugs that are green, blue and my awesome brick red one broke; so sad...
    I love mixing dish colors! Ours are various shades of green and blue, with a set of random bowls in fancy patterns. The deep green eastfork is my favorite.

My husband and I inherited a enormous set of really expensive, really boring floral pastel china from the 1910 era, and lived with it for a decade before deciding we liked inexpensive but fun tableware and swapping it out often. So now we get inexpensive sets from Target or Amazon and donate the old whenever we get bored. Meanwhile the expensive set is in padded bags in case it ever comes back into fashion. It’s got things like soup plates, handled soup bowls, and demitasse cups. I don’t think most people today have ever seen a demitasse cup, much less had a use for a set of 12 of them.