Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,022 Member
    Options
    @shanaber It's weird how our body shape changes. Your dinner sounds delightful. Remodeling plans also sound great. I really need to get on stuff here, but that is just going to have to wait for a while. Don't have the time or energy to plan for that at the moment.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

So many updates! I love it!

@shanaber Kitty litter is such a racket! So expensive just for them to poop on LOL We by costco litter, it seems to be the best low price litter. I think the key is the kind of mat you use just outside the box and daily cleaning.

I use Myosedate for muscle cramps/soreness. I get it on amazon and it is a magnesium blend that mom's doctor recommended.

Skipping breakfast is hard for me, but easier with no running LOL. I might move up my times to maybe 10-6pm? 10am is an awkward time though...might as well wait the hour till lunch LOL

Weekend recap:

So much going on, coming here and telling ya'll about it helps me put it in perspective. I feel really guilty when I am not working up on the ranch and "wasting" my time....but I do do a lot.

On Friday I totally missed the dumpster guy, bless his heart he said he was working overtime on Saturday and could drop off another one for me. I set my alarm to get up and go for a morning walk and then 30 min later reset it to sleep. I got up to the ranch around 10am and the guy was late. I started packing up some boxes of stuff I wanted to keep from the old mobile home and decided it was a waste of time since I had no where to put them yet. I decided instead to sit in the car and look at the mail I picked up from mom's PO box. There was a letter from the IRS...seems to be my turn. They sent me a letter (mind you, dated 19 JULY! I got it on 16 July) saying my payment was late. I checked the bank and I had a weird debit withdraw 2 weeks prior for the amount of the payment I had sent in late June. I called the bank and they said the IRS had converted the check into an electronic check using a 3rd party service so there was no check showing it was cashed...that is when I looked at the date of the notice and saw it was dated in the future. Might wait to see if that sorts itself out. I also got a bill from the lawyer...$110 for .2hrs of "consultation" boo. Dumpster guy finally showed up and he is a really nice guy, he lost his 18 y/o son 2 weeks ago so we bond on coping with grief. I looked at the dumpster he dropped off, it was now after lunch, and I said screw it and picked up mexican food and went home. Grey cat said we should take a nap so we did...for 3 hours...one of those dead to the world, don't know what day it is, drooling naps until 5:30. Needless to say, I did not sleep well that night.

Sunday we lazed about, grey cat was pukey so I gave him a pepcid AC and that seemed to work. I had called mom's friend, she is 70 and wants to help, to see if she wanted to do some "demo therapy" LOL. She is a beast! We cleared out a 5th wheel mom had bought as a guest house? Who knows. We then started in on a compound she had at the back of the house. We worked hard for about 3 hours and called it quits...filled about 1/3 of the dumpster. I have a bunch of old chairs mom swore were valuable that I need to sell. They are really pretty. The rest was in the dumpster. I am pretty sure no one in my family threw anything away...and they were all big cooks so I must have thrown away enough dishes, pyrex, mass produced glass servers, and kitchen appliances to fully stock 4 kitchens. We found an old food processer...it was so heavy, we weighed it and it was 15 lbs! The fun thing we did find was an old TV with built in VCR player...and then we found some tapes from the mid '80's. We took some time and had some good laughs... the tapes only really played in the middle, I am sure they go bad at some point.

My neighbor (who is mega rich) keeps asking me why I am doing it myself. I have requests for quotes in but I am finding people are so flakey! I can't wait 2 weeks...and if I can fill a dumpster while I am waiting and not pay someone...so be it.

This week I have a lot of work stuff. Finally have the well appt on friday. Still haven't gotten my car fixed (talk about flakey people). I also have a pad going in to put a storage container that is squirrel proof...we live on sand so you have to put down some sort of base. Also need to chase down these demo guys or find new ones.

I stuck to 1600 cals for the last 4 days. This week I HAVE To run! PT test in 2 months and I think I am going to have to DNS on this 25K...it will be a miracle if I can do it.

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    @CMorning99 Man you are always so busy. I am glad you are getting things done at the farm. I'd have to have a free garage sale with all that stuff. Just rope off an area and say "come get it"!

@shanaber I found the magnesium. It is a glycinate. I think it is a poop one, and I'll have to take it out of my daily pill box. Least I was home when I figured that out.

The psychologist scheduler phoned me. poo. I dun wanna. They want to see me next week but have to find a way to get me in on the schedule. They offered the virtual if I drive to Texas... hmm. I am thinking about taking it and sitting in the woods at my picnic table claiming to be at a park across state lines. Except my outside cat would bother me... and likely give me away. I bet I can come up with something that isn't going to take 6 hours out of my day. And I wouldn't have to cry in person. Bet I wouldn't even cry on a video visit. LOL! I do have a niece in Texas, I could say that I am at her place even... 🤔 Well, they haven't even gotten back to me so I have time to plot.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Everyone is busy!

I had a day off work yesterday and spent it with the family. It was a beautiful sunny day so we went for a walk along the coastal walkway, then played on a few playgrounds, and introduced the kids to sushi for lunch. Overall they liked it yay.

Then I had counselling in the afternoon.

It went well. She said my energy had changed a lot since she last saw me, and she's going to encourage Ian to continue to go to counselling. He has an individual session next week, then we will get together for a joint session. I'm happy atm, but worry that things will just go back to how it was. We are going to keep fighting together, which feels good.

I've also talked to her about my eating and mental state. I don't think she's really used to dealing with that sort of thing so I'm trying alone for now. Weight has ballooned to 73kg. DH is being supportive about it. Uniform is uncomfortably tight so must get in top of it. Sigh.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Another day! I was quite productive yesterday and got all the mail out and photographed and listed 5 items to resell. After that grey cat and I chilled on the couch and watched youtube. As we were scrolling facebook, we saw something that looked familiar...our arlo security cameras. Evidently we had not noticed them wrapped in paper when unpacking and someone picked up the paper we put on the curb to use and found them. Grey cat loaded up in the cat stroller and we walked to the house and picked them up. Grey cat was in heaven being outside.

Grey cat did not sleep well, as far as I can tell he has thrashing night terrors and woke me up at 4:30am. I didn't really go back to sleep after that and got up later feeling horrible. To make things interesting, my allergies were riotous too!

I have been doing as little as possible today, I am just in a fog between sleep and zyrtec. DH said he is going to buy me a new iphone. My other one is not that old but the built-in wireless charger in my car is evidently nuclear powered and the battery has started swelling in the phone and it gets pretty warm. I hope it makes it till I go to Sacramento to see him in August. IDK if there is something wrong with the charger or if that is just how it is. My homework was to figure out what phone I wanted. Speaking of cars ...guess who has still not called me! So mad, I want my car fixed! I was going to call them this afternoon and if they still haven't ordered the part after a week, I am going to have to take a day off work and go to Santa Barbara to the dealership. I also spent some time looking at pre-fab houses. Still a lot of work and not cheaper really...but it will save you about a year in inspection times building from scratch. I was looking at their pre-designed ones and nothing stood out. I really want something that allows the enjoyment of the views. I quit looking when I started reading about the pre-work and I started having a freakout shesh...just more to do.

On a fun note I finally broke down and scheduled a hair appt. Pre-covid I dyed my hair but haven't done so in over year. I don't hate my hair color, but it isn't my favorite. I also feel really guilty about spending the money. I told the lady (I have to wait 10 days for my appt) my inspo was a metal femme fatale LOL

I should run this afternoon, but damn I am tired. I am saving my energy drink for later to see if that helps. I had the munchies this AM....it was cold and looked all gloomy and foggy. I gave in and ate all 1600 of calories by 12pm. hmmmm.

Well best off to it...whatever it is I do LOL

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    I thought I had already responded to some of the above. Not sure where the post went. Anyway....

@CMorning99 I hope your IRS interactions are better than mine and it gets straightened out soon. Sounds like you needed that 3 hour nap. I feel like I could use one right about now. :lol: Glad your mom's friend helped you out on Sunday and you had some good laughs. I'm sure that was good for both of you. I tend to do a lot of stuff that I could hire out myself too, because you don't know who you are going to get and I often feel I do it better myself - maybe slower, but better. LOL I hope Grey Cat gets to feeling better! Hope you sleep better tonight. I feel pretty exhausted myself and am thinking it is due to not enough sleep lately.

@swenson19d It's probably good that you are going to speak to the psychologist. Why do you have to drive out of state for a virtual visit? Did I miss something in an earlier post?

@Avidkeo Glad DH is cooperating and you are fighting together to make the marriage work. Hang in there with the eating. It's probably from all of the stress you are under right now. Glad you had a nice day with the family.

• swenson19d
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @quilteryoyo The counselors are licensed professionals and their licensure is by state. So they don't hold the license to practice in Oklahoma and I have to be in a state where their license is valid. Dh is the same way, he can't see patients/clients virtually if they are outside of Oklahoma. I have an appointment tomorrow with someone with the same degree as DH...I didn't mind seeing the PhD (male) but figured to try the female at least once.

@Avidkeo So good to hear you have cooperation from your Dh. Hopefully this is just a rough patch you both survive and are stronger for. I swear it has taken me 100 years to get mine in a place, er and get myself in a place where I won't tolerate his belligerence and when he does act like a donkey's behind it doesn't make me feel like I did something wrong. I can get frank with him and we are the couple that can call each other names and be fine. I've learned it's his way of blowing off steam. And at the same time allows me to confront his behavior. I know it's weird, usually it makes us laugh at the creative insults we can come up with. If he is really needing time alone or can't communicate, he just lets me know he needs space. Relationships are so complicated.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d - lol that Orange Mud thing. I couldn't tell if it was fake or a real commercial! Hope you got paper done and appts go/went well!

@quilteryoyo - yay on size 8. That's what I am also. Even with my weight being higher than I want I still fit in my 8s. Thank goodness! You got it this time!

@shanaber - Same with butt and legs. Mine feel huge to me now. Peloton and all that lifting! Does your DD like/user her Peloton much?

We went out for Mexican tonight. No margarita for me! That's a win. I have a big day tomorrow and didn't want to potentially have a headache or stay up late and not sleep well. I was going to make a Purple Carrot meal but worked late so we rushed out for Mexican. They have something called Sante Fe salad at this particular restaurant and I alway say "no chicken, but can you add more avocado instead?" Perfect for me! So good.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Finally!
    k4f6p1002z33.jpeg

It feels like a victory putting my 50k magnet back on a car I own. It was blasted off in the wreck and my husband found it must have been 50 yards down the road!

My neighbor came over to say congratulations, but I thought your car was totaled! We had to explain to him that yes we are crazy people and had the exact same color and model of car shipped from Northern Indiana. It’s not actually exactly the same, this one is the 4 wheeler with an upgrade package, so now I have flood and fog lights, very fancy brand new off road tires, a storage compartment on the upgraded roof rack, window eyebrows so it doesn’t rain in the car when the windows are open, leather seats (which honestly wouldn’t be my choice), interior lights, and a makeup mirror. The one I had before is such a manly man’s car that it doesn’t even come with a mirror on the visor, or any interior lights! Same mileage more or less as the one it replaced, and I paid almost 1k less than what insurance gave me.

I’m not 100% delighted with the brakes which seem spongy even after having the rotors replaced, so we are having them gone over. But otherwise so far so good. Got to make a day trip to the county seat for the plates. But still yay! I really loved my big green car and never thought I would be able to replace it. Now I feel eager to take it someplace that only a 4 wheeler can go. Like my mom’s driveway haha.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - I remember a few years ago I was really excited to get into size 2 pants and told my trainer about the new ones I bought. He told me not to invest much in new pants because next we were going to build up my butt to at least a size 4 (now a size 6).
    @swenson19d - The magnesium I have is 'oxide' I had to check it but for sure it isn't the one for constipation. I know the citrate works for that but I'm not sure on the glycinate.
    I hope you make a connection with the psychologist. I think that is the hardest part, finding someone you are really comfortable talking and sharing with. I also think you could do the virtual call from anywhere. How would they know where you actually are?
    @cmorning99 - it is good you are making progress. What is the plan for your mom's house? Are you going to tear it down and rebuild or just fix it up? I think in either case all that needs to be done and accounted for can seem overwhelming. Hope you can get your car taken care of too. That is just so frustrating!
    @avidkeo - sounds like things are working out with your dh. Just keep putting in that effort and hopefully he does too.
    @ddmom0811 - my dd likes her Peloton but misses going into her cycling club, the social side of actually going there. It is completely out of business now so it isn't even an option any longer. She does have a couple of friends who also have Pelotons and they discovered that they can see each other on the video and chat while they workout. The only problem is they missed the cues to change power, speed, etc.
    @rheddmobile - love that you got your car!! I am sure you will get used to all those fancy features!

Dh had a colonoscopy today so I got out and ran early just to get something in since I was his chauffeur. Those kinds of things mess me up for a couple of days (anesthesia I guess) but he just bounces right back. Just amazes me.
    Tomorrow we are heading up the coast for the day and overnight to visit that winery that is closing. I am not taking my running clothes and will probably regret it but it is going to be so hot and I doubt I would get much in. Also found that the brewery we normally go to is closed. They got hit by ransomware and are trying to get everything restored.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I only could eat about 800 calories yesterday due to be of glutened. I will probably make up for it today. Always get so hungry the few days after. Another rest day for me because of it. Maybe back at it Friday.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d That makes sense, I guess. But, like you said, unless they ping your cell phone, how would they know if you lied or not.

Thanks @ddmom0811 . I am always excited when I get to the single digits in clothing. This is only the second time in my entire adult life, that I recall. Pretty sad, really. I don't know how you are "good" at a Mexican Restaurant. They are my downfall. I can't resist the chips and salsa.

@rheddmobile Yeah on the "new" car and that you found your 50K magnet! It's about time something good happened for you.

@shanaber haha about the size 2 pants. You are doing great if you are in size 6. I don't know that I really want to get much smaller. I kind of like where I am now. Glad your DH bounces back quickly. So sorry for the businesses that are closed/closing. I hope you enjoy your trip!

@RunsOnEspresso Hope you are feeling better.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks!

@rheddmobile I had to laugh at your comment about your mom's driveway! My mom's was the same way! She said it was too expensive to fix it (she was right it was pricey). It was the first thing I did after she passed and I had to drive up it routinely!

All my pants have so much spandex in them (even my jeans) that who knows what size they are LOL

I went for a run last night, 4 miles. Wowzers I am out of shape! My hip flexor was sore within an hour of the run, odd. It had 2 weeks of R&R...it probably needs some rehab. I was productive last night and worked on my reselling business. It paid off with a handful of sales this morning. Grey cat woke up at 4:30 am coughing. He has had a persistent cough for a few years (maybe 5) and no one can figure it out. He responds to a steroid inhaler which costs $438 for 2 month supply. It is a very wet sounding cough but unproductive, and it is spastic...he cant stop, and he gags. We got lucky one time and he had a coughing fit at the vet and they took xrays and said the cartilage was weak in his throat and he had some inflammation of the bronchial tubes...they said "environmental asthma". I might agree except for how wet the cough is. Also, when he was staying with DH in the apt, his cough went away and we stopped the meds! So it seems to be something we own that has started again. But this fit lasted 35 min, he could not stop and there is nothing we can do to stop it for him. I should have just stayed up at that point, but I went back to bed and regretted it when the alarm went off.

I am to the point I am going to make an appt for my shoulder, it is freezing and still hurts like hell with outward rotation.

i am also thinking I am going to make an appt for my car at the dealership. It has to be fixed before I see DH. I called the repair place here and the lady got snotty with me, she is doing the best she can and there are 10 people ahead of me. Well then don't tell me you will call me everyday and then not! I don't know how much faith I have in them actually following through with the promise it will be one in time for my trip in 15 days.

Bunch more to do this week! Better get to it!

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Sounds like Grey cat's episodes are horrible, @CMorning99 ! Hope you can figure out what is causing it, if it is an allergy. Sorry you are having issues with the car repair. Some people just aren't real good at customer service...should get a different job. Sorry about your shoulder too. I don't recall you hurting it. Hope your week continues to be productive.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    @CMorning99 - I would take your car to the dealer. You have already waited so long for the local team to fix it. I spent years trying to figure our what we owned that dh was allergic too or what I hadn't cleaned that could affect his allergies and never was able to make it better at all. If Grey cat is similar you may not be able to figure it out. I hope it improves though.
    @RunsOnEspresso - I hope you feel better! How did you get glutened?

We went to the winery today. As I suspected she is not making wine any longer. She is keeping the property and selling her grapes to other wineries and the tasting room will be occupied by another winery. It was nostalgic and a little sad especially to know we won't have an excuse to come here again other than to generally visit the wineries. I love the area though and it is relatively close to home - just far enough for an overnight visit. And as Hobbes will attest they have a great dog park.
    I didn't eat all day - had a hair appointment this morning and then we rushed off. I had popcorn and nuts in the car so I had some of that but I was starving. Actually amazed I could wine taste without an upset stomach. Oh and so many restaurants are closed, we had a heck of a time finding one that was open and something we wanted to eat. I think the lack of tourism here in addition to the general shutdowns really hurt and they have not recovered yet. Good news the hotel we are staying in is completely sold out. There isn't much up this way so I am guessing it is all tourists for the most part.

Hobbes and I enjoying the winery
    0ib8t341h7p0.jpeg
  • swenson19d
    Options
    I am up too early...
    then Cori started meowing and I just got up. I let the boys outside and left the door ajar. Cori came in growling and the dogs started barking, Bear quickly followed. It's too early for them to be out 415 anyway. Seems like a good day to schedule a nap.

Counselor appointment yesterday...
    It well I suppose. I am curious about the process. Dh said he'd accompany me if she wants to see us together and felt it'd be useful in helping him process grief and help me. I am still unsure how this helps, so much of the time seemed to be small talk and pleasantries. The focus will be managing my surprised anxiety/childhood trauma responses, the anniversary of Alex's death, and she said we can do an EEG to look at brain function/processing to discern dh's claim that I am ADD. I took a notebook and took notes to keep on track between appointments. Overall it did feel good to be listened to and perhaps I can learn to manage/understand a bit better. We can do biofeedback for pain if it returns to the level it was prior to the vitamin D, but I bet that was a big part of it. I am back to cranky pain not hit by a bus pain thankfully.

@shanaber looks like you all had a great trip. Are restaurants closed due to covid? nothing here or in Dallas is effected by restrictions. You can go maskless if you are vaccinated, but employers are still having help wear them.

@CMorning99 I agree with @quilteryoyo regarding the coughing fits. Might be worth looking at different litters, food, molds etc. Beary has allergies and gets stuffy once or twice a year. When it first started he came down with what presented as one of those nasty cat viruses, but I think it is just a rhinovirus/allergies. Hope you can find something to help the little thing.
    You wanna talk out of shape? jeez. I am getting stronger. Yesterday I parked on the 4th floor and took the stairs- work out opportunity. I made it up 2 flights, slowly, before having to go slower and stop between half flights. My leg and core muscles just tighten up and I get winded. DD told me it could be my antidepressant. What? It can cause you to be less heat tolerant. Which explains why I can be outside a short time and feel like I am going to pass smooth out. Thank goodness for AC. Maybe I'll retire to Canada instead of warm sunny Florida/California like most. Of course, I think it could be a neurological symptom too.

@rheddmobile Love the new ride!

well the kitties have settled down (inside), perhaps I can go back to sleep.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Eating all the things today. Telling myself I’m fueling for my race on Sunday but know I’m simply indulging my PMT cravings.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    Eating all the things today. Telling myself I’m fueling for my race on Sunday but know I’m simply indulging my PMT cravings.

Recovery and fuel! Did you eat donuts? I swear I thought of eating them and really don(u)t care for them much. You're gonna have to "share" all the things you ate, I need exposed to new things ;)
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks@

@shanaber I am going to make an appt with the dealership, they are pretty busy so it probably wont be right away and I can cancel it if the local place comes through.

I have thought about grey cats coughing, the only thing I can think of is it is either the couch or mattress. At Dh's apartment we had some of the same furniture, same litter, food, toys, laundry soap. The vet recommended benadryl but it is a froth inducing taste and knocks the poor guy out. He didn't cough last night and no night terrors...seems we both got a good nights sleep all around and I feel good today.

Yesterday was not a bad day, I think I am a few days out from TOM and I just wanted comfort food. I got into some ice cream and then made popcorn. Scale showed it this morning. My first over 1600 cal day in 8 days...not bad.

I also got a message on FB marketplace regarding the horse trailer I am selling. I got conflicting inputs on what the trailer is worth. I went with the high advice ($15K). I haven't gotten much attention on it. I have had some odd messages ... 1 word ones...10 cash, now, today, ok? I thought it was weird. I got another one same format 12,500, cash, today (mind it was 8pm). I messaged a friend who sells cars and asked what was up with this? Was it a scam? He said it is a dealer tactic to try and pressure you into a lowball offer. I looked up the guys profile, he had a bunch of pictures of him riding Friesians ... this trailer is def not big for those guys. I guess this might confirm that $15K is a fair price if that is the lowball offer. I was thinking of taking the $12.5 ...but now maybe not. I have a lady who is supposed to message me today to schedule a time...we will see if she does.

I got our demolition scheduled for 28 Aug, nothing like a deadline to move your @$$ LOL

Planning on a run this afternoon. I am using the schedule from my old old coach (who was really good) when he was bringing me back from an injury...I am still getting my butt kicked LOL

I have my shoulder appt in 35 min. And no, I never mentioned it b/c I never hurt it as far as I know. But for the last 6 months it has hurt, starting from not being able to pick up a cup with an extended reach, to throbbing at night, and now my range of movement is limited and painful. There is the constant popping too, mainly when I drive. It feels soft tissue related. But if it is more, I need it in my records for the VA.

Well, I reckin' that is about it for now. Cold and foggy and unmotivated LOL

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Glad you had a nice trip @shanaber . It is sad that so many places are closing. Love the picture of you and Hobbes!

@swenson19d Glad the Counselor appointment went well. I hope you continue and it helps you sort things out. Hope you get a nice nap in today.

@ContraryMaryMary Either one of those is a good reason to eat all things. :wink: