Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @elise4270, sorry if I've missed it, has that package arrived yet?

Yes. It arrived probably your second day of vacation. Love it! its beautiful! Thank you so much.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I'm feeling super hungry today so will probably go over my calories. With vacation I was under my calories but walking quite a bit & since I got back I went back to my routine.

Food today has been mostly healthy choices. Lots of fruit & veg.

Today's lunch:
    558uunka58vk.jpg
  • Elise4270
    yummy! @RunsOnEspresso!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,355 Member
    @RunsOnEspresso That does look delicious.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,881 Member
    @RunsOnEspresso - beautiful plate of food! I started to say beautiful plate and then though, oh, it sounds like I like your dishes. They are nice too.

@shanaber - Vista would be difficult to get much working these days. Frustrating! I always think I can get around stuff too and keep trying "just one more thing" and suddenly the day is gone.

Weight good; food pretty good. Back to Hello Fresh this week and am glad. It keeps us on track. Surprised at how many options they have.

Put offer on condo and now waiting counter or crickets. DH always offers really low at first which Realtor didn't like of course. Kept saying it's worth much more. If it was, it would have sold. Plus we are taking a risk in this shaky economy buying something. Yikes!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    edited July 2020
    @ddmom0811 Those are my parents plates from the 80s. Apparently they have lead but I've been using them for almost 40 years!

In running news, I posted this in the FB group but in case some aren't in there... I have a favor if you want to do a virtual group run. I have always been obsessed with Scooby Doo and now there's a race. Virtual of course. They are giving free buffs to groups of 15 or more. I want a buff. So I made a group! You can do a 5 or 10k. Run or walk. You can also get your dog a bandana or collar. You know, if you are also a Scoob fan. TIA if you decide to register and join the team!

Details:
    Team Code – this is a private code designated to your group. ALL group members (including yourself) must register using this following code and this code ONLY!

RUNSONESPRESSO

The team code will be entered on the last step of the registration process, during the page to complete your order.

Enter the code in the area provided for Coupon/Promo Code

Press apply to link the team code to the registration

Rates are $40 for the 5k and 10k

Please remind your group members if they are interested in participating on the team, it is mandatory that they sign up via the team code by August 13th. ALL runners from your group must be registered online by that date to be eligible for the exclusive Scooby Doo running buff – no exceptions.

Link: https://www.scoobydoorun.com/virtual/

xl272p2intha.jpg
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2020
    @RunsOnEspresso I am diggin' the Doo run! I got an email from them too but of course dismissed it. I'm thinking about it since I'd have til October to DOO it. (walking). DH signed up for the D Backs virtual run October 17th for @HonuNui / race against cancer. I have a few weeks to figure out what I am doing/can do.

@shanaber... Getting any better?

Trauma surgeon follow up no. 1, 3 weeks post op
    It went well. He was impressed with the amount of bone growth already compared to last time. I think it was 3-4 months before we saw growth comparable to 3 weeks now. Oops... just goes to show you, (me), that I wasn't eating right before the surgery. Work was miserable and I was losing weight, barely eating. Of course, this time I've eaten a lot and was gaining weight going into it. Least it's working for me. The next visit the doc wants to discuss limitations with my upcoming semester. I could tell he had some real concerns and put a pin in them just yet... ugh. So, I will yield of course. I just don't know how/when I should say something to the school of nursing. Sooner would be better, but right now I don't have the information. I think they can accommodate some assignments in lieu of clinical's, how many I don't know. The fear I'll lose my spot is real though. But, all is fine either way. Cats, cleaning, cooking, self cello/violin lessons may be my destiny. It's not a horrible one, I guess- living with no purpose. *shrugs* ETA I can go swim. No stationary bike till 6 weeks or later. whew. good because I said I had not done any of it.

Scale was down a pound today. I think my system is uhh.... working again.

food
    schlotzskys.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @elise4270 I saw the Dbacks were doing their race virtually this year. I wasn't exactly paying attention to the game but the race caught my attention 🤣

What do you need to discuss with the nursing school? Physical limitations?
  • Elise4270
    @elise4270 I saw the Dbacks were doing their race virtually this year. I wasn't exactly paying attention to the game but the race caught my attention 🤣

Yes. I don't know how that will affect my ability to participate and pass all the requirements. I'm not going to worry about it until I talk to the doc in 3 weeks. Sleeping late and drinking coffee all day suits me just fine, LOL!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Yes. I don't know how that will affect my ability to participate and pass all the requirements. I'm not going to worry about it until I talk to the doc in 3 weeks. Sleeping late and drinking coffee all day suits me just fine, LOL!

I like the sleeping late & drinking coffee! Yah, not much use worrying now. Wait until you know more.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    I'm trying to give the garmin coaching a fair try. So far, I've done 2 runs and both were short (2.5 and 2.35). I had been doing at least 3 miles on non long run days so it feels wrong. Friday is a 45 minute run and 70 on Saturday. I know the plan adjusts. I put it I was doing 20-25 miles a week so hopefully it picks up a bit.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Oh I don't think I mentioned it in here but I bought an exercise bike on Amazon. It should be delivered today. I wanted to get some cross training in & it's something both DH & I can use (unlike a treadmill which would be all me).

I looked at several apps (zwift, les mills, peloton) and I think I am going to try les mills. It has biking, yoga and martial arts classes. I miss cardio boxing/kickboxing/mma style workouts. I think peloton was a little cheaper per month but didn't have the martial arts type classes that I could see.
  • Elise4270
    @RunsOnEspresso YAY!!!! I hope you like the exercise bike! I would love to do some kickboxing. I might keep in mind that I don't have to venture out to a class, well I guess with covid, most everything is virtual now. Least I'd just look silly in my living room!
    ----
    Today DD wanted to go shop for new dresses (she wears dresses exclusively). I am glad she is feeling good and wants new stuff, that's a great sign. I am happy she didn't drag me swimming yet. I am in that constant grumpy achy pain stage and not taking OTC or Rx meds. Definitely not sleeping stage too. Swimming probably would feel good, but just the thought of doing anything is taxing.

food
    yesterday started off so good, down a bit, enough food to not be hungry and keep the weight trend down... until I ate a whole cauliflower pizza and a bag of cheese popcorn while watching Amazon (I've watched all of netflix).
  • quilteryoyo
    @RunsOnEspresso I hope you really like the exercise bike. It's always exciting to get a new toy.

@Elise4270 At least it was cauliflower pizza and popcorn. You could have done a lot worse.

Today is the 14 anniversary of the day my husband passed away. I had planned to stay home today and relax with my thoughts and memories. But, daycare needed me to work. I told her I could work only until 1:00. I didn't tell her the reason I couldn't work all day was that I wanted to come home and have my annual memorial service that I do for John. I try to do it as close to the time of his death as possible (1:30 pm). I felt a tad guilty not working all day for a selfish reason. However, I need to do this for my mental health and I have to take care of me. I'm sure they wouldn't have understood had I told them my reason, so I just said I had to leave at 1. They had no other sub, so one of the two office staff will have to fill in the rest of the day. They'll survive.

• RunsOnEspresso
    @quilteryoyo I think leaving at 1 is perfectly valid and you shouldn't feel guilty. Your reason is very personal and understanable. I think most people would understand especially those that have lost someone close to them. I usually honor my dad on his bday as opposed to the day he passed (I've been too sad on that day). But they are only about a month apart. Plus, my dad's bday was always just special to me 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Elise4270
    @quilteryoyo I am glad you didn't miss your "date" with your husband. I don't try to filter and just am just brutally honest with folks, they are either okay or back up and give me the awkward space I need. I'd much rather just suffer in silence, but it is just too overwhelming to contain, I can't do it. I don't know how I am going to adapt after 14 years passes. I'm sure I'm likely to be matter of fact even then. Healthy boundaries, I tell DD. Like @RunsOnEspresso Alex's bday is 1 month 1 day before the date he died... so I can anticipate a yearly stint of weeks to be miserable. Jeez its still DD's b day. She will never be able to celebrate her birthday.
  • quilteryoyo
    edited July 2020
    Thanks ladies. I knew you would be supportive and understand. @Elise4270 I can't imagine how hard it is to have one twin pass and then have the birthday not be a day of celebration anymore for the other one. Maybe, at some point down the line, you will be able to celebrate again. I wouldn't expect it in the next few years, but maybe... And, if not, that is okay too.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @elise4270 My dad died in October so then Halloween. His birthday is in November (sometimes on Thanksgiving). My uncle died in December so then Christmas. It was a hell of a last quarter that year.

I feel for DD. Birthdays will be hard for her. Ugh. I can't even imagine.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,881 Member
    @quilteryoyo - Glad you took the time for you and John. That is important.
    @elise4270 - that is so true about your DD. But I'm glad she wanted new dresses.
    @RunsOnEspresso - cool on the bike! I love the Peloton app!

Florida continues to impress with the COVID #s. Scary. Teachers keep quitting and the schedule keeps changing. Worked 14 hours yesterday but today watched Ella about half the day. Looks like we might get the condo, but no time to be excited.
    It is going to be very busy for all schedulers in the world and I feel for them! We sent the survey for virtual or home and gave them a week to decide. I'm curious how many will be at home.

Food pretty good and weight good. Today was the weekly Ella rest day.
    Tomorrow will do Peloton before I start working.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Hi all:

How'd I go from moody monday to whatever wednesday? I am just focusing on mental/physical prepping for a big cycling challenge on Saturday...trying not to freak out and overthink it. So the days are flying by.

@RunsOnEspresso That food was beautiful....a rainbow. I am down for the Scooby Doo 5k....I can use it for mileage towards my Food Run virtual challenge - I committed to 80 miles running, riding or walking in the next 6 weeks. I will get there easily after this weekends 100 mile challenge. So fun 5K will break it up. And the buff is cute! Congrats on the bike....sounds awesome and you get some kickboxing!

@quilteryoyo I love that you have a special routine for that special anniversary. Your mental health and self care are so important. Glad you put you and John first <3

@Elise4270 So great that you had a good appt. I hope they can work out the school issues so you can keep on keeping on. And yes....I think a few years will be challenging but maybe you can mourn Alex's death and then celebrate the fact that you had him for some time on this earth as well as DD and the birthday can be a happy time. I have not advice to give but just empathy.

@ddmom0811 congrats on the condo....the realtor had no idea who she was dealing with haha....how exciting. You may need a pelothon twin at the condo.....or just bikes. Or make it a running place! Covid is a mess here too. Vaccine news is little more promising so we will focus on the positive.

@shanaber Hope all is well in Cali....another Covid hotspot. Geez....they were making us all look bad. What happened? I am happy that NYC is doing ok. They deserve it....its been rough. I would love it if my son could bet a little fresh air and some fun and maybe look at a girl his own age.....just look. But at least some social interaction. 6 feet apart.

exercise:
    So I am doing a long distance challenge on Sat/Sun. Committed to 100 miles on the bike...You ride whatever classes you want or just the free ride option. I am making it even harder. 5 one hour climb rides that recreate riding up Haleakula- the Maui Volcano. I am doing it with a big group. We can take breaks, eat, change clothes, shower. You just gotta hit your mileage goals, which I chose both days....so I will shoot to hit at least 80 on Saturday and then do a short ride on Sunday. I don't know why I am doing this other than I need to test myself and build some confidence....keeps me from feeling old. But it makes my hip feel old so its a fine balance. I have been doing rides to prepare....seeing how I can hit 18 mph without burning out.

Food:
    Cauliflower rice stir fry last night and chicken Caesar tonight. Gotta figure out what to eat on friday. I bought this stuff called "Liquid IV" for hydration.....mix it with your water for electrolytes. I like it a lot and it definitely is good for thirst. They sell a night time sleep aid one which really works....like sleepy time tea and I get really drowsy.