Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks!

Lots of updates to read!

@rheddmobile I am so sympathetic. It is a nightmare, I just kept telling myself eventually I will find all the randomness. My mom had a weird thing where she would dispute credit card charges b/c she would forget she did it...and one that really irked me was she would dispute charges if she felt they had "ripped her off". When she passed, I ended up having to pay all these random overdue bills that showed up out of the blue. I think they finally stopped about 9 mo after she was gone.

DH and I had a nice weekend and pretty productive. I told him it is kind of nice to be out here with him and have some sort of purpose. But at our last base, other than my running, we really had nothing to do and would stay home all weekend.

The demo guys sent me pictures of the house coming down, I had asked them to message when they were going to start b/c I wanted to be there. I guess the message wasn't passed. They started 7am Wednesday morning. My neighbor enjoyed the show and he was sending me pictures too. I did go out there on Thursday and look around, they had taken everything down but the flooring. It was so dry-rotted I can see now why the floor was not safe. I was pretty sure the toilet was going to fall thru the floor one day LOL. I also picked up some stuff they pulled out of the house. I think this is the difference between hiring young entrepreneur for less and paying more for a good crew. They went through the old house and found a whole truck of photos I had forgotten and they also pulled out a lot of the stuff I left that was trash thinking I had forgotten it. By the end I was feeling pretty melancholy ... I really wanted to go into the house one more time and look around and remember. I guess it was good they just ripped the band aide off.

I finally got out to look at what the tree guy did and I am a bit disappointed. His "watering system" was unorganized. And some trees he barely touched. Again the difference between hiring joe shmoe and a professional. I don't know what the going rate is for this kind of work, but I kind of felt I should have gotten more for my $3600.

DH and I went to home depot to buy a new showerhead. We have a tankless water heater in the base house and it sucks so much. They finally turned up the water temp, but now it seems to shut off mid-shower and you get ice cold water. We asked and they recommended getting a higher GPM shower head. We got a 1.8 gpm one, but it is still not enough. We have to turn on the bathroom sink while we shower to keep enough draw on the heater so it doesn't turn off. But while we were there we looked at appliances for the new house and see how much we need to budget for them. Why the heck are cabinets so expensive?!?! Just for appliances we are budgeting $7,000 (fridge, stove/oven, range hood, microwave, dishwasher) DH want some crazy counter top stove with a wall oven...he dreams big b/c that was crazy expensive! We also did a lot of research on countertops and think granite is the best ...at $75 per sqft. Doh.

Grey cat is hanging in there. His eyes are so watery, but nothing to be done about it.

Got in 2 runs this weekend, it was so hot! I ran in just a sports bra and shorts one day...just let all the rolls hang out!

Might start tracking calories. DH wore pair of jeans with a hole in the butt, evidently they are his last pair that fit him LOL

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I took the puppies to the dog park yesterday. They just got rowdy and chewing/mouthing everything. We met two other dogs and a girl about 10. Kevin peed on her. 🤭 He hasn’t shown and indications of submissive urination before. I wonder if it was because she was a kid and her dad was right there? Idk. I’ll take him to the play area and let him visit a few kids and see if I can’t figure it out. I know he’s still a baby and it’s probably not unusual for him to be going through this. Dh treats him like he’s 5 yo dog. I have to remind him that he is still a baby dog, he hasn’t even got testicles yet. Open to advice and thoughts regarding rehoming Dh (@rheddmobile ‘s mom)… I mean helping Kevin.
    I want to take them to the lake but kinda lazy myself for that trip. But I could stop by the cemetery on the way back, check on everything.
    I gave them frozen corn on the cobb . Definitely a hit. I froze some bananas today. I pulled Sandy’s front baby tooth that was damaged while she was asleep. I’m glad that’s out. I keep thinking it’d cause gum disease or rot the adult teeth.

Dog life is settling down and I have more time for class work. I have been so bad about violin. I really can make some great improvements in my playing if I’d make it a priority. They are 16 weeks today… but 4 months the 26th… seems odd I may have to check that.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - that is so hard. I just can't imagine. The worst we had with Hilde was she would just order stuff... mountains of things she would never use. So many bottles of lotion and shower soap and nuts for some reason (at least 8 huge bags of shelled sunflower seeds!). She would also read things on the internet I guess and decide a call from her doctors office was someone trying to scam her and then worrying that she had given out PI and try to sign up for one of those protection services until they started asking for PI. She knew just enough to get herself into trouble. If you can get your mom to give you PoA that would be a huge help. You could notify they credit card people, send them the info they need, to allow you to block her from opening additional accounts. Would probably make her angry but it might help you for managing it. I would also see about either cancelling the alerts altogether, changing them to one of your numbers or blocking them on her phone.

@CMorning99 from what I understand any building materials that are wood based are super expensive because of the backlog and transport issues. If you can find them it takes forever to get them - months. We decided on quartz countertops - I think they will all wear well but I liked the colorations better (quartz didn't seem to be as busy as the granite). We are holding off on kitchen and bathrooms until next year and then doing the kitchen first. Maybe the cabinet cost will come down some by then. I haven't even looked at bathroom stuff yet but know I want to get rid of the tile. It has aged well and there is no mold or anything but it is starting to chip.

@swenson19d Hobbes started submission peeing when he was 4-5 mos old. He did it mostly with dh, I think because it happened once and then dh would literally freak out every time Hobbes came running up to him. Of course Hobbes would then do precisely that. I finally told dh to just not worry about it and Hobbes would be fine and he was. He does still have excitement pee sometimes but mostly for girls/women who greet him with really high pitched 'baby talk'. I would encourage you to take the pups around as many kids of all ages as much as possible so they get used to them. It is the one thing I regret not doing with Hobbes.

We went to Ashley Furniture on Saturday to look at a TV stand to go with the tables we brought over from Hilde's. The new TV will be mounted on the wall but we need something for all the boxes (cable, DVR, etc) and the sound bar. As we were waiting and wandering around I found a bedroom set I loved. I have been looking for a while and hadn't found anything quite right. The best part is it was all on sale (their 'Black Friday' sale) and we got everything for around 60% off and she added in their 5 yr protection plan for free after we said we didn't want it. I suspect they get 'points' for selling the plans, that is more than the commission on the furniture. TV stand will be here Saturday and the rest probably not until mid-December so we are back to living out of suitcases and boxes (we took the old furniture out for the junk guy to take with Hilde's remaining stuff).

@rheddmobile I hear you on eating restaurant food! We have been doing so much of it with first being out of our house and now not being able to find anything in our house - I can't even find the boxes with the food and cooking stuff in them... I know they are here somewhere! I have been trying to eat salads mostly but there was BBQ that snuck in the other day. We are having a hard time finding things we feel like eating and haven't had so many times in the past 1.5 months.

It is still so hot here (over 90F). I am going to take Hobbes for a walk today and then run the next few days while we have a couple of cooler days.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,984 Member
    Options
    @CMorning99 Sorry you didn't get one last walkthrough of your mom's house. Glad you were able to have a productive weekend. I wish people would do what they were paid to do instead of cutting corners. New appliances are really expensive. I dread the day mine quit and I have to get new ones. I hope Grey cat hangs in there a bit longer. Yeah for running and LOL re DH's jeans.

@swenson19d Glad the pups are getting along well. Just keep socializing them every chance you get.

@shanaber Glad you found a bedroom set you loved. It's so hard sometimes.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Be ware of their protection plan. We bought it and when we tried to get them to fix the cracking leather on our 4 year old couches they said it was "too much damage" and they wouldn't even refund the protection plan that we were told would cover EVERYTHING but pet damage. We conditioned the couch like they told us to and it still cracked.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso - that is one of the reasons we turned it down. She lowered the price to include it so we didn't actually pay for it and I doubt that we will use it. We have leather couches from Arizona Leather that we love and they came with a 'lifetime' warranty which doesn't cover anything they said it would. So the crack in the leather on one arm of the loveseat that we tried to have them fix, nope. They offered to give us a referral to a leather repair place though 🤬
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    That's so frustrating @shanaber & @RunsOnEspresso .
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks!

@shanaber We found a chart that listed all the pro's and cons of different counter tops and granite was at the top for durability and low maintenance. We found a sample we like and so I think we will stat building around that. I don't know what to do with the floors. I hate tile (cold, slippery and grout), we might be lazy and just do the whole house in laminate.

Another day and another dollar!

Not too much exciting going on here. Yesterday I spent all day working on the new staff meeting slides, pretty sure whoever made the template had a PhD in Stats LOL It took me all day to figure out what numbers I needed. It was obviously created for someone who tracked data differently than we do. I was also told I need to make a decision about retiring. I had hoped to wait till March to see if I made the next rank, but they want an answer MEOW! I have been having a hard time with it. I have worked so hard for this promotion (if I get it) but if I get it, it could complicate everything...like having to move again. It would be best if I just retired. I know it, I just can't accept it.

I haven't heard from the demo guys, they said they were supposed to be done yesterday. Also have not heard from the mobile home moving folks. Or the draftsman...le sigh

I need to go up to the ranch today ($10 of gas) to get the registration from mom's truck and see if I can sell the birdcage that I have been stood up on 5x. I think I have a buyer this time, but annoying it is so far away.

I have been reading a book called "universe has your back", I have really been trying to stop worrying. I don't want to project that. I try to remind myself that everything has worked out so far, and I need to have faith. Most of my worries revolved around how I am spending mom's money and also about financing now that it seems I am retiring. Doesn't help when I get letters from the county saying "congrats on your well permit, now we will add you to all the water litigation lawsuits"...well fekkin hek

I think today I have a tempo run. Should be fine, I really need to find a route that is downhill on the way back LOL No matter where I run, it is a trough. LOL

Tracked calories yesterday. Came in at 1650 for the day with no exercise. Went to bed with a rumbling tummy but I don't think I was hungry.

Weight is right back up again where I started and my uniform pants are creeping into places they shouldn't go when I sit.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I am on day two of logging! And I've been staying within my calorie goals. My next step is to actually do my strength training tonight after work. Baby steps. :smile:
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning!

Things are moving a long. I have been making a very conscious effort try not to worry about things. It feels good but at the same time I feel like if I am not worrying/thinking about something, I am slacking.

Yesterday was normal day. I drove all the way to the ranch 70 miles round trip at $4.60 a gallon...costs me $10 to get up there to meet someone for the fekkin bird cage I am selling for $20. Shocker, they never showed. I had another buyer who asked me to let them know if they didn't show. I did and we made plans for the to pick it up at lunch today (another $10 in gas)...the messaged me this morning to let me know they "couldn't find my house, maybe next time" WTF does that mean? At least they told me I guess. I am taking that birdcage down, I have spent more on gas than the damn thing is worth. It can sit till I live there and not have to drive.

Had a 40 min easy run yesterday. Felt good after a mile. Even tried to pick up the pace to the predicted 5K pace ...it was tough, IDK if that thing is right.

Calories came in at 1857 with 356 extra burned. Weight was down (water bloat)

Speaking of weight, I watched a commentary on Will Smiths weight loss show? on YouTube. It seemed like he was going smart, 20lbs in 20 weeks...but either it was staged for drama or his team is an idiot. He was working out way too much and eating way too little, it looked like he was going more for 20lbs in 20 days!
  • shanaber
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso - baby steps are good! How did the strength training go last night?
    @cmorning99 - I feel you on the frustration of listing things and having people not show up. So.Many.Times! Thankfully I am pretty much done with that. I have a couple of Star Wars things from dh up for sale and that is it. They are new and unopened so I am hoping someone wants them maybe for Christmas.
    I never got out for a run yesterday. Got home from my crazy morning; taking Hobbes at 0 dark 30 to doggy daycare before my early hair appointment that I ended up late to because of traffic. Dh was waiting for the Best Buy guys to deliver and install the new TV. When I got home from my appointment they still hadn't come yet (supposed to be here between 7 and 10, got there just after 10). Dh wanted me to stay so I could have input into the placement on the wall. He wanted it higher and I said lower. Best Buy guy agreed with me. The cabinet under it will be 40" and they placed it just an inch above the sound bar. TV has amazing quality but is HUGE! It makes me a little dizzy when we FF a show...
    ppuejvjowoyc.jpeg
    By the time they were done I was in the middle of unloading more boxes and feeling exhausted from getting up too early. I managed not to take a nap but went to bed early because I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Pressure changed over night and I woke up with a terrible sinus headache. Now sitting here willing it to go away so I can go run. I even dreamt about running with my head hurting with each step!
    I have a plan to go back to my previous schedule of running every other day with (MWFSa) and strength training the off days (TTH at least). Maybe by stating it here it will keep me honest.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    I have a harness question
    I bought Sandy a harness (amazon, of course). Size XS as recommend 17-22 inch chest, hers is 17.5 thereabouts. It is so small, that it won't even buckle. I can just take her to petco and fit her there, but is there a trick to finding the harness size? Kevin has a medium one (different brand- cheap 12$) and it is a on the large side with the adjustments cinched.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @swenson19d - I would take her to the store and fit her there. Like our clothes they vary by brand and sometimes the sizes are just way off. You want it to fit well so it doesn't rub anywhere. Since they are growing at light speed it is better to have room to adjust as they get bigger so you don't have to be replacing it all the time.
  • swenson19d
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Omg..
    show up for doc appt and he’s running 2 hours late with a complicated surgery. I’m waiting. Drove 2 hours to get here, might as well. I’ll sure miss Kevin and sandy tho.

I got a hair cut and it is wild.
    I’m not sure I like it. I wanted to go short again and was offered/asked options this is what I got.
    Out of order sry. On cell
    wgk8wcnhvqmc.jpeg
    It’s like cats got in a mousse fight on my head. I liked it better when she fixed it… I’ll prob just straighten it.
    thv34f50bhfj.jpeg
    My couch. oMG look how big kev is!
    bkqe14g7xxvh.jpeg
  • shanaber
    Options
    I was going to say that Kevin looks huge in the picture but it might just be the perspective.

Love your hair - it is sassy 😊

Did you eventually get into to see the doctor?

I have been on the unpacking band wagon... we got so much done today but somehow nothing has been unpacked in the kitchen. I think I am avoiding all the coffee mugs and other things we really don't need to keep.

Only one valid offer on Hilde's house. I thought there would be more but we may just take the one we have. Talk to the realtor tomorrow morning to decide the path forward.
    Beaux the Vizsla puppy arrives at noon for 10 days 😳 I can't wait but Hobbes would probably love to just play and send him home...
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @shanaber haha! I hope Hobbes enjoys Beaux's stay. Kevin does seem big. they have a vet appt today, then I think I'll take Sandy for a harness fitting. I bet Kev is pushing 40 pounds. I hope the offer on Hilde's house works out.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

Hate the new layout of the forums. Awful. I suppose we will get used to it.

As always still here. Just struggling with life atm. Nothing specific just so so busy.

My student that was struggling has failed the year so has to resit. My other student is back, yay. Has 1.5 weeks to get back up to speed before her end of year tests. My 1st year students are on track but oi. They get younger every year. Lol.

I'm gained so much weight. I'm the heaviest I've been in 4 years. That was a shock. I think it's scared me because I haven't had chocolate in 2 days haha.

Took a week off running. Missed it. Went for a long run yesterday, that hurt. Good hurt though.

I'm hanging out for January when I get 3 weeks off.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo Hang in there. Sometimes we have to be "scared" straight. You can do it. Glad to hear your students are doing well.....except for the one that failed. Bless his heart. Do you think he can do it, or does he need to find a new profession?

My back has been really bad since I raked leaves on Wednesday....well, it was doing good Thursday afternoon, but I did a stupid thing (and my chiropractor let me) by doing my back exercises at my appointment. It didn't hurt then, neither did I feel it, but it started on the way home and was really bad, like worse than it has ever been, for a couple of hours both Friday and yesterday morning. Getting out of bed or standing up was very painful and it would catch, then walking hurt. As the day went on, it got better. This morning I dreaded getting out of bed, but, I'm glad to report NO PAIN at all! Yeah. I hope that lasts the rest of the day. I have been getting in a fast mile walk, but that's all.

Yesterday, my mom and aunt and I did a little shopping at the mall in a nearby town and then ate at Cheddar's. It was good, but oh so salty! When I got home I drank 3 bottles of water! So, not surprisingly, I was up 3 pounds this morning from yesterday. Not too worried since I know it is water weight, mostly, but it did put me over my "gotta watch it" weight....145. I've got to get back to cooking healthy food to eat when I'm not eating holiday meals. Hopefully having a few days off next week will help - even though I will be having two Thanksgiving meals - Tuesday with my cousin at the assisted living facility and family on Wednesday evening....maybe more with mom on Thanksgiving. Just hoping my back will allow me to run some of that off!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo Hang in there. Sometimes we have to be "scared" straight. You can do it. Glad to hear your students are doing well.....except for the one that failed. Bless his heart. Do you think he can do it, or does he need to find a new profession?

My back has been really bad since I raked leaves on Wednesday....well, it was doing good Thursday afternoon, but I did a stupid thing (and my chiropractor let me) by doing my back exercises at my appointment. It didn't hurt then, neither did I feel it, but it started on the way home and was really bad, like worse than it has ever been, for a couple of hours both Friday and yesterday morning. Getting out of bed or standing up was very painful and it would catch, then walking hurt. As the day went on, it got better. This morning I dreaded getting out of bed, but, I'm glad to report NO PAIN at all! Yeah. I hope that lasts the rest of the day. I have been getting in a fast mile walk, but that's all.

Yesterday, my mom and aunt and I did a little shopping at the mall in a nearby town and then ate at Cheddar's. It was good, but oh so salty! When I got home I drank 3 bottles of water! So, not surprisingly, I was up 3 pounds this morning from yesterday. Not too worried since I know it is water weight, mostly, but it did put me over my "gotta watch it" weight....145. I've got to get back to cooking healthy food to eat when I'm not eating holiday meals. Hopefully having a few days off next week will help - even though I will be having two Thanksgiving meals - Tuesday with my cousin at the assisted living facility and family on Wednesday evening....maybe more with mom on Thanksgiving. Just hoping my back will allow me to run some of that off!
  • swenson19d
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hang in there @Avidkeo. If you like, call it recovery weight. The excess will hopefully boost some muscle growth which will up your metabolism. Glad your students are on track! I am sure you are an excellent teacher.

@quilteryoyo ugh, I missed that your back was angry. I seem to tweak mine occasionally and spend 3 days on the couch flat and have to baby it back to use. Does het help? or maybe some ice? Swimming seems to help too when you get to the point of easing the muscles back into use.

Physically I am not doing terrible.
    I had a doc appointment and he thinks there is no reason for me to be in pain... other than the labrum tear and the rodded leg is still healing hence the terrible cramping bone pain if I put weight on it for long..🤔😒 I go back in April. I feel like I wanna cancel it since he didn't listen... but, When I walk around my mantra has changed to "there's nothing wrong with me" other than hyper focusing on all the aches and twinges. (except the bone cramp, it is like a Charlie horse but no muscles are cramping). Doc wants me to try to recover some strength and get my vit D to 45 for at least 6 months before any other interventions... so, I guess that's why he "dismissed" my pain. another surgery wouldn't exactly help my damaged pain loop/ perception .

pups
    lord, why on earth did I get dogs. I am ready to go back to the days of cats, blanket sucking, and string chasing. Kevin is 38 pounds, Sandy 37. If I recall, that's ~10 pounds in 2 weeks. Our vet doesn't do spaying or neutering past 50lbs. So, we've opted to use another vet for that service. I think the plan is to wait until about 8 months for Sandy (hopefully) and 12-18 months for Kev assuming we don't see any behavioural issues- I can't imagine we will; he's such a chilled out kinda guy. I thought we could put Sandy on some sort of birth control, but I guess that's not really a thing. oh well. Still more to learn anyway.
    The pups are doing fine. Just some days they are too much and we need to go play outside games.They get chewy and rowdy, it's like a puppy opera; lots of "arrrrrh, arrrr. rrrrrrhh-ing in concert (which is cute when it isn't on your lap). Today we started "find it" with PB treats hidden in the leaves and on tree stumps, they enjoyed it.