cookingcow Posts: 78 Member
What are some of Yalls favorites?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    The ones on my hips! ;
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I rarely make them but when I do I stick with one that is a mix of coconut oil, sliced almonds, shredded unsweetened coconut, 100% Cocoa and a little stevia. If you look up a version titled "Almond Joy". You'd find something similar.

My experience with them is initially I over ate them...just like I overate candy. They're very candy like to me. I did make a small batch a few weeks ago and still have 4 out of 5 in the freezer so I have better "control" with them now. I've been maintaining for a few years and am no longer eating medically therapeutic ketogenic so do not require 75%+ in fat and super fat supplementation is not necessary for my health or weight maintenance purposes.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    I use coconut cream, raw cacao, vanilla and stevia drops. Sometimes I'll add sliced almonds or unsweetened coconut for texture, and I freeze it so that it's like ice-cream :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    edited July 2017
    My main thing is that if I use them as an occasional tool, I can do it. When they become a daily crutch/craving trigger, I'm in trouble... I like a combo of butter, coconut oil, and cream cheese as a base. Any flavors after that are fine. I prefer NO NUTS, NOT SHREDDED ANYTHING, NO TEXTURE...but I have ALWAYS been like that... Even lemon zest is pushing it.
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    keto snacks but not bombs:
    http://lowcarbediem.com/keto-snack-ideas/