Keto - Day 4!

Options
kemeki
kemeki Posts: 4 Member
Hey Everyone!

I'm morbidly obese and have decided I need a drastic change and have decided to embrace the keto lifestyle. It's only day 4, but I'm kind of excited about this... except for the pretty intense nausea I'm feeling right now. I've been forcing myself to eat all of my calories, etc. - which I just read you shouldn't do when you're starting. What do you guys think?

Replies

• sboudro85
    sboudro85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday as well! Which also makes me a complete newbie. I'm pretty sure that it isn't required for you to eat all of the designated calories. The number of grams of protein is your goal, so you should definitely hit that total. You don't want your body using your muscle mass as fuel because you haven't eaten enough protein. The number of grams of carbohydrates is a limit, so you can eat up to that amount but it isn't required to fulfill it. And then the number of grams of fat is an "as needed" amount since your body's fat is what you actually want to burn, so you should eat it to satiate your hunger. It's very possible that I'm not 100% correct, but I have read it in a number of keto resources!
  • jayshizl
    jayshizl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Heyo. Day four for me as well & Im cautiously optimistic. Im not too concerned about my daily calories, so long as Im not over or under too drastically. Sticking to your allotted micros (fats, carbs and proteins) I think is crucial. Its all about maintaining ketosis.

Before I started this diet, I had lost about 25lbs just by cutting out soda, portion control and some gym action. I got worried on day 2 because I actually gained almost 5lbs, I've since lost most of it tho. I'm still convinced Keto is the way to go. \m/