Good Food-Low Carb Cafe

Options
eneild
eneild Posts: 198 Member
Currently in Madison, Wisconsin on a college visit tour and had dinner here. Super yummy food and great to see a restaurant like this!tqzwvh5umtld.jpg
f9p9jc2ktyxd.jpg
b5y5ehy1p8vn.jpg

Replies

• eneild
    Options
    Dinner (sorry for being blurry!)
    Zoodle mac and cheese with bacon
    vbd990skea9q.jpg

• eneild
    Options
    Creamy artichoke chicken
    e857bgvlvwis.jpg
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing! Wish we had one in Dallas!!!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Heck I wish there were one in Ohio!!
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    eneild wrote: »
    Currently in Madison, Wisconsin on a college visit tour and had dinner here. Super yummy food and great to see a restaurant like this!tqzwvh5umtld.jpg
    f9p9jc2ktyxd.jpg
    b5y5ehy1p8vn.jpg

This truly is good news. Hope this spreads throughout Great Lakes Basin!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    So jelly!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Well, this place is just downright Un-American. They'll probably be on Homeland Security's watchlist once this terrifying data leaks out.

You know it! :smiley:

In the meantime, hand me some of that Zoodle Pad Thai!!
  • eneild
    Options
    And the (not so) ironic thing is the Dominos Pizza and Subway sandwiches located just a few doors away from the cafe....
  • spring831
    spring831 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They should franchise, this place looks awesome!
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You would think here in La La Land with all plethora of health fanatics there would be similar cafes like this around.
    I am also jelly.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    This is the first Low-Carb commercial outlet I have seen, although I have no idea whether any such place exists in the UK.

I will research, but in the meantime....Great news, hope it spreads like wildfire!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    This is a restaurant chain that is "coming soon" put together by Mark Sisson mostly on the west coast of the US so far. Hopefully, more franchises will be sold

http://www.primalkitchenrestaurants.com/

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Great news - ? I found one in Stoke Newington!

Bad news? It shut down in 2015.

I think with the current trends gathering pace, it would be an excellent idea for it to open again!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    These look great!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    And I got all excited about finding a Mexican restaurant with low carb tacos on their menu. Steak or chicken, they were delish too. Served up on large romaine leaves.

This looks very interesting. Hopefully more places will catch the wave. Heck even Red Robin and Five Guys serve up Naked burgers. Oh and recently at a subway, I noticed they now charge you to get your sub made into a salad. Must be a lot of us asking for that these days. After all they save a bun if you just eat it out of a bowl.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    And I got all excited about finding a Mexican restaurant with low carb tacos on their menu. Steak or chicken, they were delish too. Served up on large romaine leaves.

This looks very interesting. Hopefully more places will catch the wave. Heck even Red Robin and Five Guys serve up Naked burgers. Oh and recently at a subway, I noticed they now charge you to get your sub made into a salad. Must be a lot of us asking for that these days. After all they save a bun if you just eat it out of a bowl.

They charge you a different price if you want a 'chopped' salad. If you order a regular salad with whatever meat goes on a sandwich (even stuff like Meatball Marinara), it's the same cost as a footlong. I don't know what the difference is, they still kinda chop it when they mix it up, lol.