I've tried it all - Keto Time, y'all.

Options
My doctor looked me in the face on Wednesday and told me that Keto eating would change my life. He told me to set my macros to 75f/20p/5c. I trust this dude, so here I am! I have a 70 pounds to lose after having 4 kids and recovering from a spinal cord injury.

Replies

• jezebellle23
    jezebellle23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1st I'm super impressed with your doctor for recommending it period! The percentages for macros he recommended will definitely get you there ketosis wise.. but... research the keto flu. Mist people who go from a rather high carb diet (in keto terms) really shock their system and feel crappy for a few weeks. I experienced headaches, fatigue and weakness. Gradually weaning your carb sugar counts down, replacing lost electrolytes (pink Himalayan salt, and Morton's lite salt <has potassium in it < will be your best friend) really cuts down the flu symptoms. I also take my calcium magnesium and zinc supplement as well as drink an eco-drink (vitamin sand mineral supplement you can get at Costco) every other day. I've lost done weight... more than just water weight and felt generally really great these past three weeks. I hope this helps. This is just my experience after much research and I'm just and n=1.